You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Models modified by Artists! From various social media platforms…

Started by Bread, July 16, 2023, 01:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

T @thomasw100 Thank you!

And that's awesome! I saw a sneak peek from his story post, regarding fixing up those seamlines. I'm definitely considering some Haolonggood repaints and modifications by him, but we'll see. Can't wait to see the final products!

I'll be posting some work by him and Bravo Models shortly.  :))

Bread

Here is some work done by both dinosaur_models_artworks and Bravo Models!!!

Dinosaur_models_artworks

PNSO Torosaurus

Rebor's Kiss the Tyrannosaurus

CollectA Edmontosaurus

Haolonggood Megaraptor

Haolonggood Tlatolophus

Haolonggood Carnotaurus

Bravo Models

PNSO Tyrannosaurus and modified base. I quite like this base, PNSO should take notes ;)

2x Tyrannosaurus modified, one with just lips and other with crests + lips + scars. Reminds me of various Scotty artwork!

Haolonggood Carnotaurus

Justin_

There's some recent work by Raúl Pedroche on Instagram:    https://www.instagram.com/gex_pdroche/

His name comes up on the forum search a few times, but not since last August.

DrunkAnteosaurus

Are there any custom model artists who specialize in modifying the horns/ornaments of Haolongood and PNSO? I haven't seen many who redo or add onto the keratin displays

For example, an old, tattered buck T.rex with an absolute stunner of facial crests.
New to paleoart and sculpting, but really trying to learn more! If you have any requests lmk!

thomasw100

Quote from: Bread on February 12, 2024, 12:44:43 PMT @thomasw100 Thank you!

And that's awesome! I saw a sneak peek from his story post, regarding fixing up those seamlines. I'm definitely considering some Haolonggood repaints and modifications by him, but we'll see. Can't wait to see the final products!

Hi there, what is his story post and where can I find it? I only look at his Instagram from time to time and there I did not see this stuff. Of course he sent me pictures of the work he has been doing.

Bread

Quote from: Justin_ on February 12, 2024, 01:26:58 PMThere's some recent work by Raúl Pedroche on Instagram:    https://www.instagram.com/gex_pdroche/

His name comes up on the forum search a few times, but not since last August.

His work is great! I've posted his work a few times. I was at one point going to have him do a few projects for me, but unfortunately I see that he is stopping commissions. I'll share some of his work soon though.

Quote from: DrunkAnteosaurus on February 12, 2024, 01:41:04 PMAre there any custom model artists who specialize in modifying the horns/ornaments of Haolongood and PNSO? I haven't seen many who redo or add onto the keratin displays

For example, an old, tattered buck T.rex with an absolute stunner of facial crests.
avatar_Over9K @Over9K has a PNSO Tyrannosaurus with some serious injuries to prove her ferociousness. This was done by Bravo Models.

I also have a PNSO Albertosaurus done by dinosaur_models_artworks that he has added a more pronounced crest. I also have another Cameron in the works to have a better crest and older look to him >:D

I'll share photos of my Albertosaurus soon, and the rex I'll of course show when done.

But there are plenty of artist who will do this kind of work. Removing or adding can be done. Feel free to ask these artist your desired wishes.

Bread

Quote from: thomasw100 on February 12, 2024, 01:51:40 PM
Quote from: Bread on February 12, 2024, 12:44:43 PMT @thomasw100 Thank you!

Hi there, what is his story post and where can I find it? I only look at his Instagram from time to time and there I did not see this stuff. Of course he sent me pictures of the work he has been doing.
Stories are usually viewed through his profile image, the icon usually appears highlighted. Though the stories are temporary and I believe the one regarding the sneak peek of them was of that. So unfortunately I don't think you can find it right now.

DrunkAnteosaurus

Quote from: Bread on February 12, 2024, 01:52:26 PMavatar_Over9K @Over9K has a PNSO Tyrannosaurus with some serious injuries to prove her ferociousness. This was done by Bravo Models.

I also have a PNSO Albertosaurus done by dinosaur_models_artworks that he has added a more pronounced crest. I also have another Cameron in the works to have a better crest and older look to him >:D

I'll share photos of my Albertosaurus soon, and the rex I'll of course show when done.

But there are plenty of artist who will do this kind of work. Removing or adding can be done. Feel free to ask these artist your desired wishes.

Ooo  Thank you! Just imagining DMA doing a Haolonggood Carno with a wicked set of racks for horns(+bulking and lips ofc)

Just don't know the colour design it should be based off of for repaint
New to paleoart and sculpting, but really trying to learn more! If you have any requests lmk!

Bread

Quote from: DrunkAnteosaurus on February 12, 2024, 02:15:26 PM
Quote from: Bread on February 12, 2024, 01:52:26 PMavatar_Over9K @Over9K has a PNSO Tyrannosaurus with some serious injuries to prove her ferociousness. This was done by Bravo Models.

Ooo  Thank you! Just imagining DMA doing a Haolonggood Carno with a wicked set of racks for horns(+bulking and lips ofc)

Just don't know the colour design it should be based off of for repaint
That sounds great! I suggest if you're not sure on repaints/colorschemes to ask him what he thinks. He has quite a bit of references to suggest, plus the idea of choosing extant reptiles such as various colorful lizards is a recommendation too.

I've considered doing a pair of Haolonggood Carnotaurus, one to represent a male and the other female. Having the make with a sort of neck beared of scales, followed by a bright color pallet to differentiate the two. We'll see though...

DrunkAnteosaurus

Quote from: Bread on February 12, 2024, 02:42:04 PMThat sounds great! I suggest if you're not sure on repaints/colorschemes to ask him what he thinks. He has quite a bit of references to suggest, plus the idea of choosing extant reptiles such as various colorful lizards is a recommendation too.

I've considered doing a pair of Haolonggood Carnotaurus, one to represent a male and the other female. Having the make with a sort of neck beared of scales, followed by a bright color pallet to differentiate the two. We'll see though...

Similar to a Bearded Dragon or Tuatara for the beard? That would be an interesting take. Or did you mean more like large jowls of male Tegus?

And a mix of Bolean's Python and the juvinile pattern of "Red and Black Striped Snake" may be something to go off.

Bread

Quote from: DrunkAnteosaurus on February 12, 2024, 03:34:02 PM
Quote from: Bread on February 12, 2024, 02:42:04 PMThat sounds great! I suggest if you're not sure on repaints/colorschemes to ask him what he thinks. He has quite a bit of references to suggest, plus the idea of choosing extant reptiles such as various colorful lizards is a recommendation too.

Similar to a Bearded Dragon or Tuatara for the beard? That would be an interesting take. Or did you mean more like large jowls of male Tegus?

And a mix of Bolean's Python and the juvinile pattern of "Red and Black Striped Snake" may be something to go off.
Maybe, I'm really indecisive when it comes to colorschemes. At the last minute I sometimes just even say "Nevermind, leave it as the stock colors and just add the lips..." for these therapod customs lol.

Here's a few I've considered for a Carnotaurus pair.

The female of this lizard's species isn't shown here but I'd simply just go for a brown colorscheme to pair alongside it.
Similar to this one below.

Again, I'm leaning towards blue colors lately. That's also due to dinosaur_models_artworks application of blues being super good!

Also, here is some WIP of the Buck from TLW, by ArtbyAnz on instagram. I am in love with this model now!

DrunkAnteosaurus

Lovely model they have going, they buck always has been a fan favorite

Also here are some colour theme ideas(+possible mods to the model)

Nicobar Pigeon
Victoria Crowned Pigeon
Bronzewing Pigeon

Blue Whiptail Lizard

Blue Tree Monitor

Ornate Uromastyx

And honestly any tropical marine species

Bread

Thank you avatar_DrunkAnteosaurus @DrunkAnteosaurus

Wow these are some beautiful references! That Blue Whiptail lizard is definitely my favorite.

thomasw100

I just got the little package from Dinosaur Models Artworks today. The seamlines on the Haolonggood Kosmoceratops and Sinoceratops have been so well concealed that they have become invisible. The area with the seamlines has been covered and resculpted into several very thin skin creases that are just in line with the skin structure in that area. Then this area has been repainted with colors that perfectly match with the original paint scheme. I am just so happy to know that I can safely buy any future Haolonggood ceratopsian and do not need to worry about seamlines and the like any more. It can be all fixed by Dinosaur Models Artworks.

thomasw100

Now I managed to take some pictures of the customized Haolonggood ceratopsians.

1) Kosmoceratops: seamlines covered and neck repainted in line with the original paint scheme:

2) Sinoceratops: seamlines covered and neck repainted in line with the original paint scheme:

3) Pachyrhinosaurus: seamlines covered and full repaint:

Bread

Those look great T @thomasw100!

I really like the Pachyrhinosaurus repaint, it's something I need to prioritize for myself to be done, too.

Bread

Alright some more projects I am having done followed by other commissions I've seen that grasped my eyes.

WIP of a male Tyrannosaurus by dinosaur_models_artworks

Personally, I'm quite a fan of Cameron's sculpt, so to have multiple of one of my favorite genuses is a priority for me at the moment.

ArtbyAnz progress on the Buck! This is definitely The Buck from the Lost World.

Projects that have caught my eye:

Raúl Pedroche or gex_pdroche on instagram

Tyrannosaurus and Carnotaurus

Glad to finally see one of these painted up in a blue tone. Done by dinosaur_models_artworks.

Something new I noticed, and I'm curious if he takes commissions or they? DeClayStudio repaint WIP of PNSO's Torosaurus. I'm not sure who exactly painted this, since there's multiple artists part of DeClayStudio.

Bread

Finished!

I'll share more photos once I get it in hand!

SidB

Quote from: thomasw100 on February 17, 2024, 01:12:09 PMNow I managed to take some pictures of the customized Haolonggood ceratopsians.

1) Kosmoceratops: seamlines covered and neck repainted in line with the original paint scheme:

Quote from: thomasw100 on February 17, 2024, 01:12:09 PMNow I managed to take some pictures of the customized Haolonggood ceratopsians.

2) Sinoceratops: seamlines covered and neck repainted in line with the original paint scheme:

I really like what you're doing with these commissions, @Bread . These are really fine sculpts that simply need a bit of tweaking to make them superb, which you've done by eliminating seamlines and repainting. I've started to take this approach (though on a smaller scale as my pockets aren't too deep) and sharply reduce my acquisitions, spending the money on upgrades of high quality figures, when called for. Thanks for the inspiration.

Bread

S @SidB not mine, those are T @thomasw100 but I'm glad you're inspired by these modifications!

I've been acquiring way less than the typical releases. For example, out of all the Haolonggood releases, I've only acquired about four of the releases. My main focus being these adjustments and modifications to pieces which match my ideal concept of these models, like you said yourself too.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: