News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Models modified by Artists! From various social media platforms…

Started by Bread, July 16, 2023, 01:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bettashark

Here they are! (Pteranodon & not-T. rex are on the way)
1st we have the Alaskan troodontid. She's a Safari Deinonychus. I filled the wing seams, fixed the toe position, fixed up some claws that weren't molded properly, added material to the back of the head, and sculpted new eyes farther forward. I also removed and sculpted over her factory branding.

And then we have what was once a Qualia gachapon Lambeosaurus. He's all of 5 inches long and HEAVILY modified. The main issue here was shrinkwrapping, so the vast majority of the work was just adding more meat on the bones, so to speak. I also fixed his hands and replaced the back spike of his crest. And then built him a fancy base (the original is under there) and painted him a nice backdrop.

edu

Another commission from dinosaur-models-artworks. A PNSO parasaurolophus with a bulky neck, following the paper that suggests the existence of a nucal ligament (we've gone the thickest way possible) and thickening of the base of the tale. And a repaint!
I think it turned out great.

Untitled by Eduardo Vázquez, on Flickr

Carnoking

Concavenator

E @edu Congrats! Not a fan of the original PNSO Parasaurolophus, but yours looks great!

Justin_

Beautiful Prehistoric Planet-style Deinocheirus by Raúl Pedroche based on the PNSO model.

Full instagram post here:
https://www.instagram.com/gex_pdroche/p/C-xp64voQ3d/?img_index=1

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.