News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Meng Models dinosaur

Started by Roar, September 27, 2023, 10:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quiversaurus

If they do models at larger scales, that Shantungosaurus would be top of my list!

Halichoeres

I wasn't sure what to make of that post by Paleofiguras. Is Meng actually planning to make things in a larger scale, or is Paleofiguras just HOPING they will?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roar

And also when will I be able to buy them!!
Onwards to adventure!

Concavenator

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 13, 2023, 01:08:09 PMI wasn't sure what to make of that post by Paleofiguras. Is Meng actually planning to make things in a larger scale, or is Paleofiguras just HOPING they will?

My understanding is Paleofiguras was claiming that Meng does plan to release a bigger version of the Sinoceratops specifically, and that they (Paleofiguras) just hope they will also be releasing bigger versions of the other figures.

When it comes to animals that are too small to be rendered at 1:72, I believe they meant Meng does indeed plan to make them at a bigger scale than 1:72.

Quote from: Roar on October 13, 2023, 01:08:38 PMAnd also when will I be able to buy them!!

Paleofiguras said the Sinoceratops was going to be available in October. Actually, the photos I posted are in hand images, so I'm assuming it's available already, at least in China. I imagine you'll be able to get it soon.

ceratopsian

I'm with avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres here. The English suggests one thing clearly but when I looked at the original, I thought it could mean hope rather than expect. The verb is ambiguous I think.

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 13, 2023, 01:08:09 PMI wasn't sure what to make of that post by Paleofiguras. Is Meng actually planning to make things in a larger scale, or is Paleofiguras just HOPING they will?

Fembrogon

The Sinoceratops looks very good. I have no problem buying into smaller scales when there's a guarantee of a whole collection's worth of figures getting provided. Plus, cheap is always nice!

ceratopsian

As someone with a good few Dinotales from Kaiyodo and a shelf or two of miniatures, I'm happy to buy a smaller scale too, if the model appeals.

Flaffy

Regardless of scale I'm getting my hands on that Sinoceratops. It's my favourite ceratopsid and I'll be happy to rebuy it at a larger scale later on.

Concavenator

The Sinoceratops is already available from eBay.

Concavenator

Paleofiguras has posted pics of their next release, the Zhuchengtyrannus. It's due to be released this month.

Sim

I noticed in the artwork that Concavenator shared, there's the skull of Yutyrannus, so I get the feeling Meng will be making it.  If they do make species from the Yixian Formation, I hope they make Sinornithosaurus and Zhenyuanlong!  I would love to have good figures of them!

Concavenator

Yeah, I also think it's likely they will be releasing a Yutyrannus. That's why I think I'll hold off on getting the BotM version at least for a while, until Meng announces their next series (please, let it be the Yixian Formation!).

I'd love a Zhenyuanlong too!

Prehistory Resurrection

SidB

That's a very nice figure. I don't do 1/72 scale, but if I  did, this would be on my 'acquire' list.

Fembrogon

Yeah, this looks comparable to Kaiyodo figures in both scale and quality, just with a little extra presentation in packaging. Whether or not one buys this line probably should be gauged in a similar fashion, too.

Concavenator

The Shantungosaurus is now available from AliExpress and eBay.

Halichoeres

It's a nice figure. If I didn't have PNSO's I'd go for it.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Concavenator

Sinankylosaurus due to be released next month:

More pics can be seen at Paleofiguras' FB page.

Concavenator

Zhuchengtitan due out in May.

And Paleofiguras says MENG has announced they have plans to keep releasing models of Chinese dinosaurs.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: