News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

LEGO - New for 2024

Started by DinoFan2010, November 01, 2023, 05:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoFan2010

I know the post for this already showed up on the DTB, so check it out for the pictures.
My thoughts:
Won't pick up the skull, my sister would destoy that in seconds.
The baby dino set on the other hand, would be great, and I love that the Baby Ankylo looks more like the one LEGO made in 2020.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: DinoFan2010 on November 01, 2023, 05:18:25 PMI know the post for this already showed up on the DTB, so check it out for the pictures.
My thoughts:
Won't pick up the skull, my sister would destoy that in seconds.
The baby dino set on the other hand, would be great, and I love that the Baby Ankylo looks more like the one LEGO made in 2020.
Don't forget the new nat history museum! That one is looking really tempting to me...

CityRaptor

What's this? A Lego set that does not treat Darius as Owen's sidekick?

The Museum set gives me some Berlin vibes, probably due to the "Brachiosaurus".....
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Nyrorosaurus

The skull reminds me of Postosuchus

DinoFan2010

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 01, 2023, 08:52:07 PMWhat's this? A Lego set that does not treat Darius as Owen's sidekick?

The Museum set gives me some Berlin vibes, probably due to the "Brachiosaurus".....
Did anyone realize that the Brachiosaurus on the banner was the JP30 Brachio from LEGO.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Nyrorosaurus on November 02, 2023, 03:45:10 AMThe skull reminds me of Postosuchus

Yeah the shape of the skull doesn't seem very Tyrannosaurus-like. It slopes down too much I think.

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Halichoeres

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 03, 2023, 04:09:37 PMits lego

Yeah, I neither expect nor demand accuracy from Lego.

As for the Natural History Museum, I have kind of mixed feelings. It's a pretty nice set, but I just got done with a museum of my own design. I'm still proud of it, but it obviously doesn't compare to one designed by professionals. This is the bus stop on the corner next to my museum:

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

In order to pull off a more accurate-looking T. rex, the model would have to be larger, and thereby more expensive.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

suspsy

Here's an exciting listing for later this year:

31151 Terrifying T-Rex   
$59.99
Summer 2024

Halichoeres

Not really for me, but I have to admit brick-built Bumpy is kinda cute.

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoFan2010

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 13, 2024, 06:52:02 PMNot really for me, but I have to admit brick-built Bumpy is kinda cute.

Yes. I think they should make more brick-built baby dinos, like Beta or the Baby T.rex

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Dilopho

I think the new dinos look pretty good.
Although I'm not sure about the face of the Stegosaurus...

crazy8wizard

Weird how the Stegosaurus doesn't seem to have any tail articulation considering the Ankylosaurus from a few years ago did and even the old one from decades ago did. It is cool to finally get an updated minifig style Stegosaurus (officially that is)

Elengassen

That Allosaurus looks creepy. Reminds me of the wolf from Puss in Boots 2:

One day we will know the truth about Spinosaurus... but not today.

suspsy

Quote from: crazy8wizard on May 14, 2024, 05:51:21 PMWeird how the Stegosaurus doesn't seem to have any tail articulation considering the Ankylosaurus from a few years ago did and even the old one from decades ago did. It is cool to finally get an updated minifig style Stegosaurus (officially that is)

An articulated tail would have jacked up the set's price tag even further, sadly.

And speaking of Ankylosaurus, I'm surprised LEGO hasn't yet released a set with an adult version of Bumpy.

Prehistory Resurrection

Chaos Theory Allosaurus Transport Truck Speed Build video.

Number of pieces: 588
Price: $89.99

All sets.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.