News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Your top 5 favorite dinosaurs

Started by IHogaRok, December 31, 2012, 12:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Allosaurus
Suchomimus
Deinonychus
Diplodocus/Brachiosaurus
T-Rex

Jetoar

Allosaurus
Torvosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus
Gorgosaurus
Tyrannosaurus
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

RaptorTheDoctor

1. Giganotosaurus
2. Carcharodontosaurus
3. Acrocanthosaurus
4. Allosaurus
5. I don't know, maybe one of the "nator's" Concavenator, Neovenator, Australovenator. One of those.

Nebuloid

1 Dilophosaurus

The rest in no particular order :
Olorotitan
Allosaurus
Sauropelta
Utahraptor

Dikiyoba

I tend to like saurischians more than ornithischians. Excepting birds, my favorite dinosaurs are:

Therizinosaurus, because of those ridiculously large claws.
Giraffatitan, because of the overall body shape and the name.
Microraptor, because it has four wings.
Mamenchisaurus, because of that ridiculously long neck.
Shuvuuia, because of that huge thumb and because it was probably one of the few dinosaurs to burrow.

Honorable mention: Tatankaceratops, because of its small size and its name. Kept off the list because it's known from so little material that it could just be Triceratops.
Honorable mention: Pantydraco, because while I know absolutely nothing about the actual dinosaur, the name is unintentionally hilarious.

Iguanocolossus

My favorites?

Triceratops
Apatosaurus
Therizinosaurus
Acrocanthosaurus
Euoplocephalus

Runners up: Monocloinus
Shantungosaurus
Titanoceratops
Dracorex
Polacanthus
Iguanocolossus ;)

fabrosaurus

My favorites

1.- Allosaurus
2.-Chasmosaurus
3.-Brachiosaurus
4.-Mamenchisaurus
5.-Pachyrhinosaurus

Quen

Diplodocus
Sauroposeidon
Microraptor
Styracosaurus
Velociraptor/ Deinonychus -must have feathers

If I could name more, I would include:

Anchiceratops
Carcharodontosaurus
Amargasaurus
Coelophysis
Apatosaurus

RockyMountainRex

My top five list would consist of the following:

1)  Tyrannosaurus Rex
2)  Triceratops
3)  Stegosaurus
4)  Ankylosaurus
5) Velociraptor

The first four on the list are favorites from my childhood; and the fifth entry comes from the resurgent interest in dinosaurs that accompanied the release of Jurassic Park in the '90s.   :) 
Rawr!

amargasaurus cazaui

I guess if I had to select five dinosaurs to save while the rest perished, I would select psittacosaurus, naturally. I would also choose amargasaurus, oviraptor, brachiosaurus, and perhaps gigantaraptor. The dinosaur I would choose most rapidly for forced retirement would be Barney !!!
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

tyrantqueen

What's with all the Barney hate anyway? I mean, he's creepy and all to an adult..but it's a kid's thing. Unless I'm missing something...?
Surely if kids are enjoying it then it's one good thing?

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 04, 2013, 09:12:41 PM
What's with all the Barney hate anyway? I mean, he's creepy and all to an adult..but it's a kid's thing. Unless I'm missing something...?
Surely if kids are enjoying it then it's one good thing?
It is a product of market saturation beyond annoyance. The constant commercials, more toys books and merchandising than even jurassic park ever thought of, and finally that annoying song !!! The gufus sounding voice ...just all of it grows tiring.
Surely if kids are enjoying it, then its a good thing? Uh....not sure thats such sound logic there .
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Dinomaster

Deinonychus
Spinosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Kentrosaurus
"ROAR"-T.Rex

Balaur

5. Gorgosauus
4. Utahraptor
3. Hesperonychus
2. Leaellynasaura
1. Aurornis

Concavenator

Mines are:
The one I really love is  Allosaurus.Also,I like Saurophaganax.The rest...well,an obscure dromaeosaurid(feathered,of course)for example:Austroraptor,Sinocalliopteryx,Aurornis...
And I also love Yutyrannus.I like some fancy ceratopsians...Diabloceratops,Xenoceratops.
And another predator,maybe Suchomimus

Zhuchengotyrant

In order
-Zhuchengtyrannus
-Suchomimus
-Yutyrannus
-Monolophosaurus
-Saurophaganax
-Zhuchengotyrant

Leo Mancilla

My top favorite dinosaurs are

-Spinosaurus
-Carnotaurus
-Velociraptor
-Parasaurolophus
-Daspletosaurus

Concavenator

Now these are mines:  :)

1.Allosaurus
2.Suchomimus
3.Diabloceratops
4.Balaur
5.Yutyrannus

Ultimatedinoking

1. Deinonychus
2. Allosaurus
3. Triceratops
4. Neovenator
5. Coelophysis

Whew! Those were some hard choices. I have so many favorites.
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Impossible to limit to five....but...here goes.
Currently, I guess my favorites are:
Spinosaurus (obviously), Deinonychus, Giganotosaurus, Therizinosaurus, and Amargasaurus.
Again, too hard to decide, so these aren't necessarily my absolute favorites (exception: Spinosaurus  ;) ).
I could go into....Utahraptor, Masaikasaurus, Yutyrannus, Deinosuchus (dinosaurish?), Suchomimus, Ankylosaurus, Irritator, of course Tyrannosaurus, Augustinia, Diaboloceratops, Pentaceratops, Torvosaurus, Kentrosaurus, Miragaia, Styracosaurus, Carnotosaurus, Ceratosaurus, Meglosaurus....you catch my drift.
Sorry for any misspelling-I typed pretty fast.  ;D
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: