News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

NANMU---new for 2024

Started by dragon53, January 01, 2024, 02:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Joliezac on May 07, 2024, 09:22:43 PMMine are out for delivery today, I'm excited to see them. As long as they can stand for a minute or two outside so I can get photos, that will be sufficient for me. Most of my Rebor therapods don't stand on their own anymore without a stand unfortunately.

I'm excited to see TLW raptors! Don't they have a carno in the works too?

Carno was shown in production but it feels to have been put aside a bit for the V-Rex release. Maybe also for the new TLW and JP Raptors they are doing a quick cash grab based on how well they sold? It's probably the same bodies with different heads/paint.  Maybe they can also fix a few issues as they claimed?

The carnotaurus looked a bit small too especially compared to the HC one as I recall?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Flaffy on May 07, 2024, 10:18:26 PMI've read that a solution to increasing joint tightness is to apply coatings of colorless varnish (e.g. matte varnish for sealing paint on figurines) into the joints to increase friction. Nail varnish is not recommended as they tend to degrade over time, or at least at a more rapid rate than paint varnish.

I've heard it works as long as the figure has a sound construction. The ankle on my one male looks a bit warped? That's in addition to being loose.

It's going to happen the more they are played around with anyway. I'm pretty glad nothing broke when I first tried moving them, but  I do recommend heating them a bit with a hairdryer first just to safe.  All in all these feel like what we would get if NECA made JP figures.

Joliezac

Yeah I think the male's one foot is just made odd, not sure if I could fix it. The female has been standing on her own though after I adjusted her. I'll still keep them on the display stands though just in case.

Joliezac

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nanmu posted a prototype pic of the new raptors minus articulation. Looks good, I still think they will likely use the JP3 Raptor bodies and just change the head. They did confirm this release is both the TLW and JP raptors in the comments on FB.

Still hope they tweak the joints a little.

dragon53

Blade-of-the-Moon

QuoteDid not use any of the previous generation of parts, all re-mold production, the use of new design ideas, optimize joints and range of movement logic. Enhance stability.
Thank you for your continued support!

I saw they specifically mentioned they are not using the same bodies as the JP3 Raptors lol Someone at least pays attention to posts. It's hard to tell if that's the case yet without a side by side comparison. We'll see what they improve!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Had my first tumble last night from one of my male raptors. No paint loss which I'm pleasantly surprised by. The stand pieces really need to lock together better though, I'll probably glue it.  Had to look for 15 minutes to find all the pieces.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nanmu posted a couple pics of the Carnotaurus Smart figures, two color schemes , preorder coming next week.  They look ok I guess?  https://www.facebook.com/Nanmutoys

Carnoking

Of course there are two variants...  ::)

CyberSaurus95

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 02, 2024, 05:20:06 PMNanmu posted a couple pics of the Carnotaurus Smart figures, two color schemes , preorder coming next week.  They look ok I guess?  https://www.facebook.com/Nanmutoys

I wonder what scale they will be. Whether it's 1/35 or 1/18, i'm all for it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on June 02, 2024, 08:28:58 PMOf course there are two variants...  ::)

Gotta cash in where you can right?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CyberSaurus95 on June 02, 2024, 08:51:36 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 02, 2024, 05:20:06 PMNanmu posted a couple pics of the Carnotaurus Smart figures, two color schemes , preorder coming next week.  They look ok I guess?  https://www.facebook.com/Nanmutoys

I wonder what scale they will be. Whether it's 1/35 or 1/18, i'm all for it.

I can't recall if it was said, but I'm pretty sure they are smaller than the HC ones by a bit. Maybe more to scale with the previous figure ones they released?

Joliezac

Looks good but I prefer their previous statue releases. I had to put my raptors back in the box because they don't stand even with the clear peg to hold them up. I'm afraid the carno will be the same..

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Joliezac on June 04, 2024, 01:33:10 AMLooks good but I prefer their previous statue releases. I had to put my raptors back in the box because they don't stand even with the clear peg to hold them up. I'm afraid the carno will be the same..

Mine fell a few times, the clear stand doesn't stay together well either. I think I have situated now but it does limit the posing options. The new stand they are showing might be better?

dragon53

Blade-of-the-Moon

Maybe it 's the fact I already have the HC Carno which I think is pretty darn nice for the size, detail and price point. I just don't find myself jumping to order these.

Carnoking

Nanmu mentioned in their post that the pre-order price is in the 30-40 dollar range. At that price, it might be hard for me to say no...

Quick edit: looks like Lana has their pre-orders up, and they're actually at 50-53 dollars, so a bit more than initial estimates. Whether or not they're worth that extra ~15 dollars when compared to the Hammond Collection offering, I suppose time will tell.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on June 05, 2024, 03:51:34 AMNanmu mentioned in their post that the pre-order price is in the 30-40 dollar range. At that price, it might be hard for me to say no...

Quick edit: looks like Lana has their pre-orders up, and they're actually at 50-53 dollars, so a bit more than initial estimates. Whether or not they're worth that extra ~15 dollars when compared to the Hammond Collection offering, I suppose time will tell.

Nanmu also said that it's up to retailers to set their prices based on shipping and such. So I expect that's the reason.

I'm not a huge of the look. The face seems a bit off. On top of that the joints look a bit too noticeable? When compared to the HC ones the faces on those look more accurate, as did the ones on their last statues. The joints on the HC versions are also a lot less noticeable. After that we have size an price to consider. I just don't see the value at this time.

Carnoking

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon it's also a fair shake smaller than than the HC version so it won't scale with the other articulated figures in my collection, which is a shame. I don't know, maybe I'll get the demon since there's no articulated version of that on the market at the moment then decide whether or not it's worth picking up the standard release.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: