News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

NANMU---new for 2024

Started by dragon53, January 01, 2024, 02:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on June 05, 2024, 03:10:11 PMavatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon it's also a fair shake smaller than than the HC version so it won't scale with the other articulated figures in my collection, which is a shame. I don't know, maybe I'll get the demon since there's no articulated version of that on the market at the moment then decide whether or not it's worth picking up the standard release.

I almost considered it for a juvenile for my HC Carno but I just bought that Target set from Chaos Theory which has a juv Carno in it. It's not super articulated but I'l live with it I guess.  Maybe I'll be more interested once I see pics and video of it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I hesitate to even share this..but Nanmu put up a silhoutte of a JW Therizinosaurus again with this..questionable commentary.

QuoteAt present, the preliminary plan is that this product will be built based on the "fanatical" sequence series of NAMU. Anyway, we will do our best to complete it. Whether this series can proceed smoothly in the future depends on your support. Have a nice weekend. See you later.

"fanatical" series?  ;D   I think they are messing with us or it's April 1st in China..  :))

Cpt Red 3eard

Maybe as opposed to Dragon Soul or Smart Series? That's all I've got.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Cpt Red 3eard on June 08, 2024, 05:50:34 AMMaybe as opposed to Dragon Soul or Smart Series? That's all I've got.

I feel like it's a jab at the fans who comment on every post they make that they need to make a Therizino.  ;D

Carnoking

Reading the comments, Nanmu said this in response to a question about what this figure would be

"Fever Series: PVC non-movable sculptures
Dragon Soul Series: Resin Series
Smart Series: Super hinged
I thought our old fans would understand this, sorry"

So I'm not sure if it's fever or fanatic series (either way, definitely a jab) but who cares! Finally, they're doing a pvc theri.
Here's hoping it outsells all the other stuff they've been making as of late. Not that I dislike their smart series but it's been crazy to me that they think this won't sell.

thomasw100

Maybe they mean with fanatical something like fan-based or fan-requested and this is just some sort of poor translation?

Blade-of-the-Moon

That's what it sounds like, but reading just about every post they made in the past you can see where a few fans have kept requesting this piece, even to the point Nanmu said no, we will never make it. They seemed quite upset.

blnadal

"Anyway, we will do our best to complete it."

What the hell do they mean?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: blnadal on June 08, 2024, 07:55:51 PM"Anyway, we will do our best to complete it."

What the hell do they mean?

sounds pretty flippant to me.

I'll preorder the DD one, IF this gets made I'll decide then.

Halichoeres

Well, now if they make it and it doesn't sell well, they won't be able to tell if it's because it was always a bad idea, or because of their open contempt for their fans.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 09, 2024, 12:56:13 PMWell, now if they make it and it doesn't sell well, they won't be able to tell if it's because it was always a bad idea, or because of their open contempt for their fans.

You'd be surprised how many people don't care what a company's attitude is as long as they get what they want  :-\

On top of all this I still haven't seen a reliable source foe their Dragon Soul versions, somewhere you can with certainty preorder them. Usually it's the most desirable version.

It is interesting timing as the HC Theri just released and is getting a lot of attention and DD just announces their statue version as well. So Nanmu is like " yeah fine I guess we can make one too.."   ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

QuoteDue to technical problems, we will suspend our update business on this platform, and all videos, pictures and advertisements will be transferred to INS and X, as well as bilibil and Weibo. This is the last announcement on this platform.

Nanmu just posted this to their Facebook. Guess I'll just wait for Lana or their Insta. Can't imagine what "technical issues" stop them from posting their though?

dragon53

Prehistory Resurrection

From Nanmu Studio Youtube Channel, Community Post.

SenSx

I wish they would have a Dragon Soul version for the Lost World tiger Velociraptor.

Joliezac

Quote from: SenSx on June 22, 2024, 09:44:39 AMI wish they would have a Dragon Soul version for the Lost World tiger Velociraptor.

I'm always confused with Nanmu as they are never clear. Is this a smart series release or their standard PVC? I thought they were moving to smart series only which I hope isn't the case because I prefer their pvc/dragon soul figures.

Abobo

we still need a JP dilophosaurus and a JW Therizinosaurus good old PVC versions.
stop imitate BOTM Nanmu please, I need to complete my Jurassic Theropods serie.

Prehistory Resurrection

Joliezac

These are beautiful I just wish they were statue versions. I really hope they aren't done with their standard line. Bad enough they got rid of articulated jaws.

Blade-of-the-Moon

As far as they have said these will be "Smart" series pieces only.

A Therizinosaurus was teased week before last for all the lines so they claimed.

These being articulated will have moving jaws but also everything else. No statue like piece sadly.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: