News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Quote from: thomasw100 on July 02, 2024, 03:03:09 PMTaken together, I would say that the Diabloceratops is better than the Chasmosaurus and on the same level or even a bit better than the Kosmoceratops which for me so far was the best ceratopsian that Haolonggood has produced.
It must be subjective to some degree, as I find the Chasmosaurus better than the Kosmoceratops.  I like and own both though!

thomasw100

Quote from: Sim on July 02, 2024, 06:30:44 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on July 02, 2024, 03:03:09 PMTaken together, I would say that the Diabloceratops is better than the Chasmosaurus and on the same level or even a bit better than the Kosmoceratops which for me so far was the best ceratopsian that Haolonggood has produced.
It must be subjective to some degree, as I find the Chasmosaurus better than the Kosmoceratops.  I like and own both though!

Of course this is subjective because every opinion on these figures except assessment of scientific accuracy is subjective. All the three small ceratopsians mentioned are nice. However, I like the finer surface texture of Kosmoceratops and Diabloceratops better than the somewhat coarser and more pebbly texture of Chasmosaurus. Kosmoceratops has a quite visible seam line which Chasmosaurus and Diabloceratops do not have. This is why I like Diabloceratops best. My Kosmoceratops has been modified by Dinosaur Models Artworks to cover the seam line, so this brings it to the same level as Diabloceratops.

thomasw100

Designer edition of the Mamenchisaurus as per Paleofiguras.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: thomasw100 on June 29, 2024, 11:33:07 PM
Quote from: Pinbacker on June 29, 2024, 10:25:21 PMhttps://youtu.be/h852pdvNmoc?si=T16NM4W-wLJgoeEy

First review for Diabloceratops

I do not understand from where he takes his sizes estimates leading him to conclude that the model would be way too small. From what I read, the skull has been found in a rather complete state, but not much of the post-cranial skeleton. That has been filled in from Xenoceratops and Centrosaurus. The length estimates in the skeletal shown below range up to 4.5 meters, which would make the 12 cm sized Haolonggood model pretty much spot on 1:35 scale.

Just watched the first part of the review and I'm quite pleased with the level of sculpt detail. For a 4.5m individual to be shrunk down to this 1:35 scale, with the detail that these Diabloceratops have? I think it's safe to say HLG is ready to tackle Kentrosaurus (:

thomasw100

Quote from: Quiversaurus on July 03, 2024, 10:05:08 AMJust watched the first part of the review and I'm quite pleased with the level of sculpt detail. For a 4.5m individual to be shrunk down to this 1:35 scale, with the detail that these Diabloceratops have? I think it's safe to say HLG is ready to tackle Kentrosaurus (:

This was exactly my thought, Kentrosaurus should now be within range. And they are doing Huayangosaurus this year and this is about the same size as Kentrosaurus. I just think (and I said that before) that they have been carefully and gradually exploring the upper and lower size limits within which they can produce nicely sculpted and textured figures. These limits have now considerably moved in the last 6 months.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Dusty Wren on June 29, 2024, 08:50:52 PMHappy Hen Toys just got the Mamenchisaurus, Euoplocephalus, Chasmosaurus, and Edmontosaurus in stock, if anyone (besides me) was waiting to order from them. I was hoping they'd get the Maiasaura in at the same time, but it looks like we'll have to wait a bit longer for that one.

Just placed a big order. Been waiting for these to come in for a while!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

If Haolonggood is willing to tackle animals as relatively small as Diabloceratops and Huayangosaurus, then they can at least tackle larger feathered theropods like Austroraptor, Gallimimus, and Gigantoraptor. And if they put them in tripod stances, I'd be perfectly happy with that.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

GojiraGuy1954

Their Megaraptor balances really well. They could definitely do these animals normally, or give them a base.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Halichoeres

Do we have a HLG hopes and dreams thread?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sim

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 03, 2024, 06:26:01 PMDo we have a HLG hopes and dreams thread?
Yes, it's one of the most recently posted in threads in the Dinosaur toy lines section.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: thomasw100 on July 03, 2024, 06:08:44 AMDesigner edition of the Mamenchisaurus as per Paleofiguras.

Cant say I blame them but HLG really loves this sculpt lol I think this is their third alternative paint scheme to come out after the original 3, not to mention the prototype paint schemes we saw.

thomasw100

Haolonggood posted this nice picture of the Diabloceratops on X:

Concavenator

Quote from: thomasw100 on June 28, 2024, 08:49:57 PMNot really, but I found it remarkable that they posted on X that in July a new release would come. And asked people to guess what it could be.

An interesting question and answer is actually found in connection to this above mentioned post. Someone guessed "a marine reptile" and Haolonggood answer was "maybe next year".

Quote from: thomasw100 on July 04, 2024, 06:45:49 PMHaolonggood posted this nice picture of the Diabloceratops on X

That account (@Haolonggood on Twitter/X) is fake!  ;D  ;D It's a fan-made account. Frankly, I find it very funny nobody has (seemingly?) noticed it before (and also startled, at that). Haolonggood's actual account there is this one:

https://x.com/zlx545721087?s=21&t=zRDN_4-vhBE0RSZBMDM8Lw

I also find it funny that fan account has noticeably more followers than HLG's actual account, which leads me to think people really believe the @Haolonggood one is the official one!  ;D

As to why I'm saying the @Haolonggood account is fake:

- Their posts are literally in Spanish.  ;D  Why would their public posts be in Spanish?  ;D Well, why would they know Spanish to begin with, and to that advanced level?  ;D

- The structure of their posts is suspiciously similar to Paleofiguras'...

- This image belongs to MiniZoo: https://x.com/haolonggood/status/1805562348972687375?s=46

- Carefully take a look at the accounts they follow there.

I could even point down the person behind this account, but of course I'm not doing that. Just know that the HLG team is not behind that account, so you shouldn't believe any statements they may claim there (like the possibility of releasing marine reptiles, when are they going to reveal something, etc).

V @vampiredesign feel free to confirm what I said in this post.

thomasw100

Quote from: Concavenator on July 04, 2024, 07:24:14 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on June 28, 2024, 08:49:57 PMNot really, but I found it remarkable that they posted on X that in July a new release would come. And asked people to guess what it could be.

An interesting question and answer is actually found in connection to this above mentioned post. Someone guessed "a marine reptile" and Haolonggood answer was "maybe next year".

Quote from: thomasw100 on July 04, 2024, 06:45:49 PMHaolonggood posted this nice picture of the Diabloceratops on X

That account (@Haolonggood on Twitter/X) is fake!  ;D  ;D It's a fan-made account. Frankly, I find it very funny nobody has (seemingly?) noticed it before (and also startled, at that). Haolonggood's actual account there is this one:

https://x.com/zlx545721087?s=21&t=zRDN_4-vhBE0RSZBMDM8Lw

I also find it funny that fan account has noticeably more followers than HLG's actual account, which leads me to think people really believe the @Haolonggood one is the official one!  ;D

As to why I'm saying the @Haolonggood account is fake:

- Their posts are literally in Spanish.  ;D  Why would their public posts be in Spanish?  ;D Well, why would they know Spanish to begin with, and to that advanced level?  ;D

- The structure of their posts is suspiciously similar to Paleofiguras'...

- This image belongs to MiniZoo: https://x.com/haolonggood/status/1805562348972687375?s=46

- Carefully take a look at the accounts they follow there.

I could even point down the person behind this account, but of course I'm not doing that. Just know that the HLG team is not behind that account, so you shouldn't believe any statements they may claim there (like the possibility of releasing marine reptiles, when are they going to reveal something, etc).

V @vampiredesign feel free to confirm what I said in this post.

There seems to be some connection between Paleofiguras and Haolonggood because they get a lot of insider information and are the first to publish new releases on social media. This other account seems to be not an official one as well, because vampiredesign said so when asked about it a while ago. The only official one seems to be the one on Instagram. We get a lot of useful information and nice pictures of new releases through all of these social media outlets, and at the end of the day I do not really care what would be the connections behind the scenes.

Concavenator

T @thomasw100 By "this other account", are you referring to the one I said was HLG's real account? If so, oops, my bad.

I think the situation with Paleofiguras is different, because they're a news page. Whereas that fake HLG is misleading because it gives the impression of being a company's official account, when it is not. I still felt the need to let you know about this, partly because it annoys me that people could believe that account is official, but mostly because HLG themselves seem to be very focused on producing, specifically, dinosaur models. And if by next year HlG won't have released any figure of a marine reptile (which at this moment doesn't seem likely), I don't want to see complaints about people saying: "But didn't they have a chance? They said that". No, they didn't.

thomasw100

Quote from: Concavenator on July 04, 2024, 09:25:10 PMT @thomasw100 By "this other account", are you referring to the one I said was HLG's real account? If so, oops, my bad.

I think the situation with Paleofiguras is different, because they're a news page. Whereas that fake HLG is misleading because it gives the impression of being a company's official account, when it is not. I still felt the need to let you know about this, partly because it annoys me that people could believe that account is official, but mostly because HLG themselves seem to be very focused on producing, specifically, dinosaur models. And if by next year HlG won't have released any figure of a marine reptile (which at this moment doesn't seem likely), I don't want to see complaints about people saying: "But didn't they have a chance? They said that". No, they didn't.

Honestly I see this much more relaxed. These companies announce what they plan to release or produce, some rumors leak, some information is distributed via social media, and then they may do something completely different. At the end of the day these companies have to make money, and they have to monitor the sales figures and in response plans may change at any time. When a release is announced and a new product appears in stores this is when this is believable. Anything else is wishful thinking and whatever.

Sim

Thanks avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator for sharing that that X account isn't official, I thought it was.  It's very weird that someone would pretend to represent Haolonggood.  In any case, I think Haolonggood making marine reptiles would be a good next step for them, and I intend to make it known to Haolonggood that there's some marine reptiles I would love to have from them next year!

PoptartDoodle

Quote from: oscars_dinos on July 04, 2024, 05:26:55 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on July 03, 2024, 06:08:44 AMDesigner edition of the Mamenchisaurus as per Paleofiguras.

Cant say I blame them but HLG really loves this sculpt lol I think this is their third alternative paint scheme to come out after the original 3, not to mention the prototype paint schemes we saw.

It has me excited for similar treatment with Argentinosaurus.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: PoptartDoodle on July 04, 2024, 11:08:36 PM
Quote from: oscars_dinos on July 04, 2024, 05:26:55 PM

It has me excited for similar treatment with Argentinosaurus.

If they make an Argentinosaurus

Turkeysaurus

I have recieved my Stegosaurus today. If i didn't know the company, i would assume PNSO.

Best stegosaurus toy so far , definitive in my opinion. I have green one btw. I don't buy multiple variants but it's so beautiful, i'm tempted to get Fruit one in future if it still available.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: