News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO - New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 15, 2024, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

If they do a resting one, hopefully it comes alongside a standing one too.

As for balance, I would think the smaller head plus a tail fan would make balancing simple. If anything I'd expect the issue stems more from the foot size. We're also used to seeing theropods with oversized feet, so figures of carnosaurs (not real term I know) and tyrannosaurs can do it without being as noticeable.

thomasw100

They managed to get the Therizinosaurus and the Deinocheirus decently stable without the support rod. Therefore, I do not see why they should not be able to get the Gigantoraptor stable as well.

oscars_dinos

Turkeysaurus

They just released baryonyx

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on August 16, 2024, 05:05:42 PMThey just released baryonyx
lol I know I'm just impatient and want to see what the august release will be

thomasw100

Quote from: oscars_dinos on August 16, 2024, 05:24:14 PM
Quote from: Turkeysaurus on August 16, 2024, 05:05:42 PMThey just released baryonyx

The PNSO output for this year so far has been the lowest ever. Just 5 figures in nearly 8 months. If this continues this way, this will come to maybe 8 for the full year.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 16, 2024, 05:26:55 PM
Quote from: oscars_dinos on August 16, 2024, 05:24:14 PM

The PNSO output for this year so far has been the lowest ever. Just 5 figures in nearly 8 months. If this continues this way, this will come to maybe 8 for the full year.
way I saw it I just figured they where doing one release every month, I know back in the day they where more frequent with it but I feel like as their figures have gotten better they've taken more time

crazy8wizard

Given the majority distaste on this form for the recent theropocalypse maybe it's a good thing that there have been less figures revealed this year. I've personally been more excited for 2024's releases than 2023 and I'm fairly biased towards theropods to begin with.

Gwangi

I personally wouldn't mind it if all the companies slowed down, I can't keep up. I remember the days when a small handful of companies would reveal all their wares at the end/start of the year and that was all you had to look forward to. Kinda miss it, it allowed you to plan ahead.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Gwangi on August 16, 2024, 05:37:46 PMI personally wouldn't mind it if all the companies slowed down, I can't keep up. I remember the days when a small handful of companies would reveal all their wares at the end/start of the year and that was all you had to look forward to. Kinda miss it, it allowed you to plan ahead.
i would love if pnso gave teasers like HLG did

Carnoking

Quote from: Gwangi on August 16, 2024, 05:37:46 PMI personally wouldn't mind it if all the companies slowed down, I can't keep up. I remember the days when a small handful of companies would reveal all their wares at the end/start of the year and that was all you had to look forward to. Kinda miss it, it allowed you to plan ahead.

Back when all there was to really worry about was Papo, Safari, and CollectA. What a difference a few years makes. This really is a prime time for collecting given how spoiled for choice we are but I agree, it feels I've become much more cavalier in my collecting habits since this model of releases has been replaced.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I can understand that if your focus is all of them or even the majority. I pretty much have given up on several companies as my collection is maturing and so am I .

triceratops83

Planning ahead of time was always important to me. I always save a picture of any toy I want and tag it with a release date so I could budget accordingly.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 17, 2024, 01:54:00 AM

I can understand that if your focus is all of them or even the majority. I pretty much have given up on several companies as my collection is maturing and so am I .

Likewise, mostly out of necessity. I would like to own them all but it's not practical.

Shane

Just a heads up for anyone who might be ordering Maxim the Baryonyx on Amazon. I received Mateo the Tyrannotitan instead, twice now. I can only assume there's a problem with the listing. I've tried letting Amazon know of the issue but just wanted to let anyone know, if you want Maxim I would avoid Amazon until it can be confirmed that the listing is correct.

bmathison1972

Ha, I have been thinking about that for a couple years now. When a company (e.g. CollectA) reveals all their products for the next year, I am happy when it is only 1-2 out of 15 or so (for example) that I would want. Earlier in my collecting days I would have been upset if only 1-2 out of 15 appealed to me.

Especially with Bandai's Diversity of Life on Earth line; it has made be completely rethink my collecting practices!

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on August 23, 2024, 02:59:34 PM

Ha, I have been thinking about that for a couple years now. When a company (e.g. CollectA) reveals all their products for the next year, I am happy when it is only 1-2 out of 15 or so (for example) that I would want. Earlier in my collecting days I would have been upset if only 1-2 out of 15 appealed to me.

Especially with Bandai's Diversity of Life on Earth line; it has made be completely rethink my collecting practices!

Yup, I actually feel a sense of relief when a company I collect releases something I don't want.

Primeval12

Quote from: Shane on August 23, 2024, 01:40:05 PMJust a heads up for anyone who might be ordering Maxim the Baryonyx on Amazon. I received Mateo the Tyrannotitan instead, twice now. I can only assume there's a problem with the listing. I've tried letting Amazon know of the issue but just wanted to let anyone know, if you want Maxim I would avoid Amazon until it can be confirmed that the listing is correct.

Oh no, did you get a refund???

BlueKrono

I also got the wrong figure from Amazon once: one of the PNSO minis. Coincidentally I've also worked in quality control in an Amazon packing facility, and I know that if something doesn't weigh the right amount it gets automatically kicked off the line. The two minis must have weighed exactly the same amount, but I'd have a hard time believing the full size figures would. There very well might be a mismatch with the listing.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Gwangi

When I ordered the Mattel Herrerasaurus I got a tin sign instead.  :P

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: