News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO - New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 15, 2024, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Turkeysaurus

PNSO confirmed T.rex had both lips or only upper lip.

So next T.rex will have lips.

Gigantoraptor:

All from paleofiguras facebook

Joel1905

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on August 02, 2024, 01:22:53 PMPNSO confirmed T.rex had both lips or only upper lip.

So next T.rex will have lips.

Gigantoraptor:

All from paleofiguras facebook

Oh boy I really hope the second lipped T. Rex (with both the upper and lower lips) and the Gigantoraptor are their next two releases.

Carnoking

I know I just got EoFauna's Sue figure but man, that head sculpt has me giddy. Really hope it, or some similar version, gets made. Just please don't paint it brown again!

Concavenator

Quote from: Carnoking on August 03, 2024, 04:59:43 PMJust please don't paint it brown again!

Is that physically possible though?

Carnoking

Quote from: Concavenator on August 03, 2024, 05:03:08 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on August 03, 2024, 04:59:43 PMJust please don't paint it brown again!

Of course it will be brown, but a guy can dream!

SenSx

Would love a gigantoraptor from pnso

Joel1905

Quote from: Carnoking on August 03, 2024, 05:18:35 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on August 03, 2024, 05:03:08 PM

Of course it will be brown, but a guy can dream!

I don't see the issue with their next Rex being brown again.

Joel1905

I'm getting giddy but nervous about the next Rex! Giddy at the prospect of the fully lipped one, but nervous that they might drop a disappointing curveball and give us the one with lips only on the maxilla!

The fully lipped one is perfect, it looks like a big, thicc bipedal Komodo Dragon! If that is indeed the one they release, it'll be the centrepiece of my collection for sure.

JohannesB

Even though I am not convinced about lips, only lips on the upper jaw seems strange to me. But If PNSO would release the fully lipped version, I will buy it, because, after all, "fully lipped" is probably right, and in that instance I really need this model 😄

As an aside, I hope they will use some other base colour on this model (possibly grey), even though I don't mind the brown. With some splashes of colour on the face and throat, maybe.

Halichoeres

I've been hoping they would make a larger Gigantoraptor for about 7 years. One of the few maniraptorans I can imagine them deigning to depict.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

I guess one of the issues with creating a model maniraptoran is always going to be how to get the balance point stable over the hind legs.  It doesn't have the long, heavy tail  that is thick at the base to balance the significant weight of the head and neck.  It must be much more manageable with animals on the Bauplan of Tyrannosaurus etc.  But I would like a Gigantoraptor very much!

Faelrin

I need the murder turkey to complete the trio of weird giant Mongolian birbs (edit: alongside their Deinocheirus and Therizinosaurus). Oviraptorosaurs are rarely made, and with Safari's being retired these past two years (and Shleich's Oviraptor previously), that leaves the market pretty barren for them, especially as far as good scientifically informed reconstructions go.

Referencing the Dinotoycollector website, and various company websites, it appears that the only toy oviraptorosaurs still in production (or recently were) are:

-CollectA Gigantoraptor
-CollectA Oviraptor
-Colorata Feathered Dinosaurs Oviraptor
-Eikoh Miniature Planet Oviraptor
-Papo blue Oviraptor
-Safari Ltd Feathered Dinosaurs Toob Caudipteryx
-Takara Tomy Gacha Oviraptor
-TNG Oviraptor

Most of these are pretty dated featherless reconstructions, and when feathered, do the wings and hands wrong.

Edit: Also it would appear that their previous Gigantoraptor mini figure is no longer available (from either their official Amazon or Aliexpress stores).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

oscars_dinos

Is there any reason why the baryonx isn't on PNSO's amazon store?

Shane

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Shane on August 08, 2024, 08:54:24 PM
Quote from: oscars_dinos on August 08, 2024, 07:18:45 PMIs there any reason why the baryonx isn't on PNSO's amazon store?

It is? And has been for a while. https://www.amazon.com/PNSO-Prehistoric-Dinosaur-Models-Baryonyx/dp/B0D3F6KD9M/
odd I just don't see it when you go to the New or prehistoric animal section but yeah that link worked thanks

Halichoeres

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 05, 2024, 06:50:05 PMI guess one of the issues with creating a model maniraptoran is always going to be how to get the balance point stable over the hind legs.  It doesn't have the long, heavy tail  that is thick at the base to balance the significant weight of the head and neck.  It must be much more manageable with animals on the Bauplan of Tyrannosaurus etc.  But I would like a Gigantoraptor very much!

That's probably right, considering how often tail and wing tips are used to balance maniraptoran figures. At least oviraptorosaurs have less forward torque given the more upright positions of their necks, maybe that helps a bit.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Primeval12

They'd probably have to do a tripod pose or maybe have it in a resting pose like Andrea.

Concavenator

At the end of the day, they always include an acrylic rod, so I guess the pose they choose for their figures doesn't really matter. Now, if they didn't include the rod, then I can see the choice of poses being a more important factor to consider.

SenSx

Oh no, please not a resting Gigantoraptor  :'(
I've been waiting for one for such a long time, I hope we will at least get a standing one.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: