News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO - New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 15, 2024, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane

Quote from: Primeval12 on August 23, 2024, 04:11:40 PM
Quote from: Shane on August 23, 2024, 01:40:05 PMJust a heads up for anyone who might be ordering Maxim the Baryonyx on Amazon. I received Mateo the Tyrannotitan instead, twice now. I can only assume there's a problem with the listing. I've tried letting Amazon know of the issue but just wanted to let anyone know, if you want Maxim I would avoid Amazon until it can be confirmed that the listing is correct.

Oh no, did you get a refund???

Yes, but I had to take the figure to the Amazon kiosk at Whole Foods to have it scanned and returned.

I placed another order, thinking the first was a fluke, and got another Mateo. Which I now also need to take to Whole Foods to return.

Renecito

Camarasaurus

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Carnoking

You gotta be kidding me

ceratopsian

I was just looking at this on Facebook. I'm thrilled to see another sauropod from PNSO. But less than thrilled to see it's Camarasaurus. Given that I have one Haolonggood here and the other variant ordered, I would be reluctant to get a third member of the herd - too profligate of valuable space. At least the PNSO sounds a good size.

Gwangi

Quote from: Carnoking on August 24, 2024, 01:14:02 PMYou gotta be kidding me

Exactly what I was thinking.

This has happened few times now, I don't think it's coincidence. I like this one more than Haolonggood's. The head sculpt is magnificent.

thomasw100

Bone wars reloaded. Question is who is Marsh and who is Cope in this battle.

Carnoking

Quote from: Gwangi on August 24, 2024, 01:28:13 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on August 24, 2024, 01:14:02 PMYou gotta be kidding me

Exactly what I was thinking.

This has happened few times now, I don't think it's coincidence. I like this one more than Haolonggood's. The head sculpt is magnificent.

Same, it's a fantastic figure if a little smaller than HLG's.

But to add insult to injury, I finally just got around to ordering both the Tyrannotitan and Baryonyx release, not to mention HLG's Camarasaurus just for PNSO to turn around and drop this beauty. Definitely something to be said for the catalogue release model!
Glass half full, I ended up going for the brown variant, and I think this PNSO release will actually look pretty good alongside it.

Carnoking

Also, weird comparison but is anyone else getting Mattel Neovenator vibes from this color scheme?

thomasw100

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 24, 2024, 01:16:30 PMI was just looking at this on Facebook. I'm thrilled to see another sauropod from PNSO. But less than thrilled to see it's Camarasaurus. Given that I have one Haolonggood here and the other variant ordered, I would be reluctant to get a third member of the herd - too profligate of valuable space. At least the PNSO sounds a good size.

Honestly things are coming together for me, even if not in the way I had planned. I got both Haolonggood Camarasaurus and the green is flawless. However, the brown has paint defects and in places the paint has been applied so thinly that the plastic is shining through. Now with the PNSO I may follow the example of Alamosaurus and get the brown Haolongood repainted in a style compatible with the PNSO or in the original Halonggood style but with a better paint covering. The PNSO seems a bit smaller, but maybe this is just because of the different pose. The PNSO is shorter but also higher and the length through the centra could be approximately the same. The two together along with the green and then the PNSO and Haolonggood Stegosaurus along with the large Haolonggood base which has finally been shipped could lead to nice Morrison formation diorama. I just need some trees, and it is another nice coincidence that I have just seen that Paleokhris has started to produce some 3D printed Mesozoic plants. They can be seen in a video where he presents some recently printed stuff.

SenSx

I don't think the articulated mouth was really needed, especially since it does not even seem to close completely.
I think I prefer the Haolonggood for that reason, and the price is probably better.

thomasw100

Quote from: Carnoking on August 24, 2024, 01:41:34 PMSame, it's a fantastic figure if a little smaller than HLG's.

Not sure if it is really smaller. It is shorter, but higher because of a steeper neck angle and the tail being curved sidewards. The length through the centra could be pretty close actually.

thomasw100

Quote from: SenSx on August 24, 2024, 02:01:36 PMI don't think the articulated mouth was really needed, especially since it does not even seem to close completely.
I think I prefer the Haolonggood for that reason, and the price is probably better.

I do not think that the mouth is articulated. I think that what we see are just seam lines because of the way the lower jaw has been connected. This is probably a consequence of the open mouth and the detailed teeth, which could not be molded as one piece along with the rest of the head and the figure. You see the same thing on the Lufengusaurus actually, just a bit more subtle.

SenSx

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 24, 2024, 02:06:29 PM
Quote from: SenSx on August 24, 2024, 02:01:36 PMI don't think the articulated mouth was really needed, especially since it does not even seem to close completely.

I do not think that the mouth is articulated. I think that what we see are just seam lines because of the way the lower jaw has been connected. This is probably a consequence of the open mouth and the detailed teeth, which could not be molded as one piece along with the rest of the head and the figure. You see the same thing on the Lufengusaurus actually, just a bit more subtle.

Oh ok, it's a bit distracting...
But I must admit I really like the thicker neck of the PNSO.

Joel1905

YES! Finally a new PNSO!!!! And another from my personal wishlist! It looks amazing! I love the big nasal sacks and what looks like a psuedo-beak! I can't wait to put it alongside the Saurophaganax/Allosaurus and the Stegosaurus pair!

Now lets hope and pray for that fully lipped Tyrannosaurus Rex, Gigantoraptor, Diplodocus, Camptosaurus & Plateosaurus next...

thomasw100

I think the really good news of today is that PNSO is now considering 1:35 scale sauropods again. And they have shown with this Camarasaurus relesase that they can do this really well. So we can hope for more 1:35 sauropods from PNSO in the future.

SRF

Quote from: Joel1905 on August 24, 2024, 02:11:16 PMYES! Finally a new PNSO!!!! And another from my personal wishlist! It looks amazing! I love the big nasal sacks and what looks like a psuedo-beak! I can't wait to put it alongside the Saurophaganax/Allosaurus and the Stegosaurus pair!

Now lets hope and pray for that fully lipped Tyrannosaurus Rex, Gigantoraptor, Diplodocus, Camptosaurus & Plateosaurus next...

I'm sorry but I have to ask. How long do you think the whole process of designing and manufacturing figures actually takes? If PNSO just speculated last month that their line up probably can still use a lipped T. Rex, I wouldn't count on it being released before the summer of 2025. And that's me being optimistic.

I mean the development of Winter Wilson and Andrea coincided with PNSO's work for the T. Rex exhibit in the AMNH, which opened in March 2019. The figures were released in late 2020 and the summer of 2021...
But today, I'm just being father

SRF

But back on topic and about the Camarasaurus: interesting figure and it looks better than the HLG one to me. Maybe I'll pick this one up someday.
But today, I'm just being father

Joel1905

Quote from: SRF on August 24, 2024, 02:31:26 PM
Quote from: Joel1905 on August 24, 2024, 02:11:16 PMYES! Finally a new PNSO!!!! And another from my personal wishlist! It looks amazing! I love the big nasal sacks and what looks like a psuedo-beak! I can't wait to put it alongside the Saurophaganax/Allosaurus and the Stegosaurus pair!

I'm sorry but I have to ask. How long do you think the whole process of designing and manufacturing figures actually takes? If PNSO just speculated last month that their line up probably can still use a lipped T. Rex, I wouldn't count on it being released before the summer of 2025. And that's me being optimistic.

I mean the development of Winter Wilson and Andrea coincided with PNSO's work for the T. Rex exhibit in the AMNH, which opened in March 2019. The figures were released in late 2020 and the summer of 2021...

???  No need to put me on blast. I know what the process is, there's nothing wrong with wishing.

ceratopsian

Although it's an attractive model overall, the jawline seam draws my eye irresistibly.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: