News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

PNSO - New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 15, 2024, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: ceratopsian on February 19, 2024, 08:13:37 PMThanks for the clarification, avatar_TlatolophusJuanorum @TlatolophusJuanorum.
Sure thing, I'll keep getting updated on this matter looking for upcoming surprises.

Joel1905

Quote from: bmathison1972 on February 18, 2024, 02:17:51 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on February 18, 2024, 01:49:44 PM
Quote from: Joel1905 on February 18, 2024, 11:13:23 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on February 17, 2024, 02:35:57 PMI don't think PNSO need to re-release anything at all. We're talking about models from just a few years ago here. So many more prehistoric animals out there that need attention. 

I think the 'bigger' names definitely need updates. Whether its lips on Theropods, chunkier Hadrosaurs, or just improvements on textures.

At the end of the day, PNSO are a business, and updating popular dinosaurs is more important to them than a handful of collectors wanting obscure species.

I don't honestly know what would generate them more money, repeating the same old stuff they've done or making completely new genera. I'm not about to buy a new Corythosaurus, Sinoceratops, or Tarbosaurus from PNSO when I only just acquired them over the last few years. I can live with their imperfections. If I couldn't, I wouldn't have bought them. Plus, there are PLENTY of species left that I would hardly call obscure.

I agree, and the absolute LAST thing we need is another Tyrannosaurus. If there isn't a T. rex out there to one's liking, they should probably find a new hobby as they'll never be satisfied... 8)  :P  C:-)

I'd argue that PNSO do need to put out another Tyrannosaurus considering its almost certain that they had lips.

If Cameron had lips, it'd be utter perfection.

SidB

I had my Cameron 'lipped, and yes, for me, it's hit the mark.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Til a year or so from now we find they didn't. lol  ;D   Sorry just poking fun at the always changing nature of science that forces us to buy new figures and discard old ones. ;)

SRF

As long as Cameron sells well, PNSO doesn't need to make another rex at all.
But today, I'm just being father

Concavenator

Quote from: Sim on February 19, 2024, 08:22:26 PMI tried the Vitae version and the one I received arrived broken and with a not great paintjob.

Well, perhaps you could try getting another copy as you've also done with other figures. It's affordable if you order it without the base (surely cheaper than a potential PNSO version), and frankly, the copy I had was very well-painted. Other people, like avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres and L @Leyster also have it, and their copies appear to be well-painted too. So I think your copy was probably an outlier.

Sim

Thanks avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator, I might try getting another, I'm much more worried it will arrive broken than that its paintjob won't be great.  I have no use for bases, so I wouldn't get one with a base.  I'll wait to see if PNSO will start producing any of those rumored Chinese species, so that if they do I'll wait for their Jinyunpelta and choose the one I prefer out of PNSO's and Vitae's.

Bread

Quote from: thomasw100 on February 19, 2024, 07:05:24 AMPossible new PNSO release, Jinbeisaurus wangi, a teaser image posted on Paleofiguras. The parade of the theropods seems to continue.

Hoping to see this figure debut and not just some artwork. It's definitely appealing and PNSO loves their Tyrannosaurs, so this would be great for the lineup.

Sim

I don't agree about it being great for the lineup.  It is only known from fragments of the animal's skeleton and I think making something like this which has an unknown appearance would be a shame considering that PNSO has made many tyrannosauroids already and has been neglecting other types of animals like dromaeosaurids, plesiosauroids and pterosaurs.

Joel1905

Quote from: SRF on February 20, 2024, 05:50:11 AMAs long as Cameron sells well, PNSO doesn't need to make another rex at all.

If new evidence radically changes our image of these animals, then they do need to make another, updated version.

SidB

Quote from: SRF on February 20, 2024, 05:50:11 AMAs long as Cameron sells well, PNSO doesn't need to make another rex at all.
There's always the need to burn through inventory before merchandising something new.

Sim

Quote from: Joel1905 on February 20, 2024, 10:35:15 PM

If new evidence radically changes our image of these animals, then they do need to make another, updated version.
PNSO doesn't need to do anything, they do what they think they should do.

thomasw100

Quote from: Sim on February 20, 2024, 10:30:35 PMI don't agree about it being great for the lineup.  It is only known from fragments of the animal's skeleton and I think making something like this which has an unknown appearance would be a shame considering that PNSO has made many tyrannosauroids already and has been neglecting other types of animals like dromaeosaurids, plesiosauroids and pterosaurs.

I am pretty sure that this is a sideline project for PNSO, which will not affect the main releases. It may just mean that we have the opportunity to get additional species that we would not get otherwise. And who knows maybe these special models will even not be available on the international market, at least not through the regular channels. So I would not worry too much about this.

SRF

Quote from: Sim on February 20, 2024, 11:09:11 PM
Quote from: Joel1905 on February 20, 2024, 10:35:15 PM

PNSO doesn't need to do anything, they do what they think they should do.

Also, lips aside, there is no new evidence that radically changes our image of T. rex compared to the models PNSO already offers. In that case there are many other species that PNSO needs to redo before T. rex gets another turn.

Flaffy

Rex sells. As proven by every single company that's ever produced dinosaur toys. PNSO won't be hurting on sales if they make a new lipped rex.

SRF

Quote from: Flaffy on February 21, 2024, 11:02:35 AMRex sells. As proven by every single company that's ever produced dinosaur toys. PNSO won't be hurting on sales if they make a new lipped rex.

PNSO probably still sells enough models of Cameron to make money out of Rex, without the developing costs of making yet another one. Which means more profit for PNSO as well.

suspsy

A list is presently circulating on Facebook. Pass the salt shaker.

Upcoming PNSO figures for 2024:

January: Edmontosaurus
February: N/A
March: Euoplocephalus
April: Neovenator
May: Chasmosaurus
June: Gigantoraptor
July: Ichthyovenator
August: Saurolophus
September: Alioramus
October: Chungkingosaurus
November: Ceratosaurus
December: Shunosaurus

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

DefinitelyNOTDilo

This list would be a dream come true, sadly that's why I'm pretty sure it's fake. If it somehow turns out to be real however, my wallet may never recover. At least half of these species are on my personal wishlist.

crazy8wizard

Quote from: suspsy on February 24, 2024, 03:51:20 AMJanuary: Edmontosaurus
February: N/A
March: Euoplocephalus
April: Neovenator
May: Chasmosaurus
June: Gigantoraptor
July: Ichthyovenator
August: Saurolophus
September: Alioramus
October: Chungkingosaurus
November: Ceratosaurus
December: Shunosaurus
The fact there's a reveal listed for every single month except for the current one that we haven't seen anything in yet is convenient.
Forget salt shaker, I need one of those livestock salt lick cubes  :))

Quiversaurus

The lack of a figure in Feb may be due to the Chinese Lunar New Year (where all the Chinese brands take a break), so it could very well be a legitimate list. Kinda sad there's no Kentrosaurus though.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: