News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO - New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 15, 2024, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: Sim on April 09, 2024, 12:59:06 AMOkay, that makes two members I've seen wanting Triceratops prorsus. :)  The PNSO Triceratops are definitely T. horridus.  Maybe if Haolonggood makes Triceratops they could make T. prorsus?  I think they would if there's enough demand for it.
I'd second that hope.

Carnoking

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on April 09, 2024, 09:56:54 AM
Quote from: Carnoking on April 08, 2024, 08:45:20 PMTo invoke the old saying, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. I for one find it pretty easy to imagine that the younger species retained some form of comb as there was probably some evolutionary reason for it to appear in the first place (communication? Identification? Sexual display?)
If it evolved for any of those reasons, it seems advantageous to keep.
That's not the point.

At the end of the day, these models are still art pieces, and there's no point having a ton that all look very similar. It's also not wrong to omit the comb as E. annectens has no direct evidence of it, so for a more varied set of shelves it would make sense to make separate species of the same animal as visually distinct as possible while still remaining accurate.

There's also the fact that... if it has the crest, there's always a chance it was meant to represent Regalis, and i've just bought an expensive duplicate animal. I want an Annectens that I know for sure is actually an Annectens.

Wanting them to be distinct from one another is completely understandable but my comment was meant as a response to the notion that this simply can't be annectens due to the presence of the comb.

Quote from: MLMjp on April 08, 2024, 06:15:00 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on April 07, 2024, 08:56:11 PMI just wish it didn't have the comb

It's really frustrating. I love E. annentecs and everything about this figure is great, except that comb. I just cant' see E.annectens with it unless fossil evidence proves otherwise.

It's a speculative addition to be sure but one that's well within the realm of possibility for me. The lack of direct evidence as an argument against its inclusion feels tenuous at best given that the preservation of soft tissue is so rare, not to mention the fact that there are several trends in depicting paleo life that lack any direct fossil evidence but are widely accepted as possible or correct until more information surfaces.
But such is the nature of the science.

thomasw100

Quote from: Carnoking on April 09, 2024, 02:23:12 PMIt's a speculative addition to be sure but one that's well within the realm of possibility for me. The lack of direct evidence as an argument against its inclusion feels tenuous at best given that the preservation of soft tissue is so rare, not to mention the fact that there are several trends in depicting paleo life that lack any direct fossil evidence but are widely accepted as possible or correct until more information surfaces.
But such is the nature of the science.

I just do not get what would be the problem with the comb. Edmontosaurus annectens might or might not have had it. We do not know this with certainty. So an interpretation with and without the comb seems permissible based on the available data. If someone does not like it, just send it to one of the well known customizers. They can remove the comb, remodel the surface where the comb has been removed and repaint this area coherent with the original paint style. This is a very minor surgery, only a bit more difficult than removing the thumb claw on the PNSO Alamosaurus. The customizers that were in the lip business will certainly be able to do the comb cutting job. They have now less work to do in the lip business.

edu

I am adding speculative soft tissues in my customs (some wilder speculations than others... pictures soon), i think they make the animals look more real and interesting. So i like the comb in annectens (that is more than speculative, i'd say probable, knowing its existence in regalis).

Concavenator

If anyone asks PNSO the favor of including some extra acrylic rods with an order, do they only do that if the figure you've ordered includes stands (because it's a theropod, the Pachycephalosaurus, or an aquatic animal), or not necessarily?

Pinbacker

Just a PSA...in the US, Amazon has the PNSO Alamosaurus on sale for $35.00!

Limited-time deal: PNSO Prehistoric Dinosaur Models:79 Samuel The Alamosaurus https://a.co/d/gVXPHby

Also the Gorgosaurus and Meraxes models are on sale for 50% off.

Carnoking

Gorgosaurus, 20 dollars
Tsintaosaurus, 30 dollars
Meraxes, 21.50, WOW! Some good deals in here!

Gwangi

Unbelievable deal! I got the Alamosaurus and Tsintaosaurus. I NEVER thought I would get that Tsintaosaurus. Thanks for sharing the info Pinbacker!

Concavenator

shahinos

Quote from: Concavenator on April 14, 2024, 12:01:42 AMIs it just for the US?

I see it too for Sweden. Shipping is about 15-20 dollars though, and VAT is added at checkout, so the Tsintaosaurus still ends up at 65 USD for me. Unfortunately!

Blade-of-the-Moon

good deals if I didn't already have them lol

oscars_dinos

Finally I will have that Tsintaosaurus.

Carnoking

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on April 24, 2024, 01:51:11 PMHere we go again

Just ignore it?  It's just like a lot of others, using a situation to get views.

Carnoking

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 24, 2024, 02:41:04 PM

Just ignore it?  It's just like a lot of others, using a situation to get views.

I'll admit there was a note of sarcasm in that comment. I'm actually glad to see Paleo-Nerd sharing some additional insight into the matter.

SRF

Crazy how that beautifull E. annectens is only one of two releases from PNSO thus far this year.
But today, I'm just being father

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on April 24, 2024, 02:43:44 PM

I'll admit there was a note of sarcasm in that comment. I'm actually glad to see Paleo-Nerd sharing some additional insight into the matter.

I'm maybe a bit annoyed myself lol I keep checking for new figures and see arguments over this one issue  ;)

SenSx

Yep I'm still waiting for PNSO april release...

Leyster

The person which did this video, avatar_Mattyonyx @Mattyonyx , put a lot of time and effort in it and consulted actual hadrosaur researchers and this is why the video took so long to be out, if we wanted to capitalize the model we would've thrown a half-done video ages ago. So could you be a little more respectful? Not to mind that people were actually asking us to dig into the matter...
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: