News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

PNSO - New for 2024

Started by Renecito, January 15, 2024, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: Joel1905 on June 13, 2024, 07:07:48 PM
Quote from: JimoAi on June 13, 2024, 01:46:36 AMI suppose pnso should be releasing something soon as it's the big 6.18 sale soon on China

Oh I hope it's a lipped Tyrannosaurus Rex! My collection feels so empty without it's centrepiece!

PNSO cooking one Rex to rule them all

Primeval12

I'm still hoping for Shunosaurus :)

Concavenator

Quote from: Primeval12 on June 13, 2024, 09:07:38 PMI'm still hoping for Shunosaurus :)

You're not alone in that.  ;)

Joel1905

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on June 13, 2024, 08:52:25 PM
Quote from: Joel1905 on June 13, 2024, 07:07:48 PM
Quote from: JimoAi on June 13, 2024, 01:46:36 AMI suppose pnso should be releasing something soon as it's the big 6.18 sale soon on China

Oh I hope it's a lipped Tyrannosaurus Rex! My collection feels so empty without it's centrepiece!

PNSO cooking one Rex to rule them all

It will be... my precious...

Tbh I hope their lipped Rex is based on AMNH 5027, I have such a soft spot for that individual.

Joel1905

Quote from: Primeval12 on June 13, 2024, 09:07:38 PMI'm still hoping for Shunosaurus :)

1. Lipped Tyrannosaurus
2. Shunosaurus
3. Updated/lipped Carnotaurus
4. Plateosaurus
5. Utahraptor

That's my hope haha

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: Joel1905 on June 15, 2024, 02:29:59 PM

1. Lipped Tyrannosaurus
2. Shunosaurus
3. Updated/lipped Carnotaurus
4. Plateosaurus
5. Utahraptor

That's my hope haha

Utahraptor would be glorious. Both Deinocheirus & therizinosaurus feathers look great.

SRF

This isn't the hopes and dreams thread. And while PNSO has that statue of a lipped T. Rex on display in that exhibition, it's not very likely that it will be turned into a figure this year already. That will definitely take longer.
But today, I'm just being father

SidB

Quote from: SRF on June 15, 2024, 03:37:16 PMThis isn't the hopes and dreams thread. And while PNSO has that statue of a lipped T. Rex on display in that exhibition, it's not very likely that it will be turned into a figure this year already. That will definitely take longer.
Sure am glad that I got Cameron lipped last year.

Flaffy

I was just thinking... Would it make sense for PNSO's Wuerhosaurus to represent the larger and more robust W.homheni; while Haolonggood's one represents the smaller more gracile(?) W. ordosensis? This is of course ignoring the potential that "W. ordosensis" could be a dacentrurine.

Top: W. homheni, Bottom: W. ordosensis. Credit: Paleofile

The former species is noted for having a particularly flared & wide pelvis afterall, which the PNSO figure faithfully depicts.

suspsy

Does anyone else's Lufengosaurus not stand up on its own?
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

SidB

Quote from: suspsy on June 16, 2024, 03:43:48 AMDoes anyone else's Lufengosaurus not stand up on its own?
Mine too.

Primeval12

Quote from: Flaffy on June 16, 2024, 02:22:41 AMI was just thinking... Would it make sense for PNSO's Wuerhosaurus to represent the larger and more robust W.homheni; while Haolonggood's one represents the smaller more gracile(?) W. ordosensis?

I like this theory!

thomasw100

Quote from: suspsy on June 16, 2024, 03:43:48 AMDoes anyone else's Lufengosaurus not stand up on its own?

I had that problem as well. Now what I did is that I rest him normally on the forelimbs and the left hindlimb with the right hindlimb in the air. After couple of days in this position he would stand again.

CARN0TAURUS

What have you guys been doing with your PNSO figures "storage wise" 

It's gotten to the point where I've used up all my personal storage space in the house and it's about the same size of the storage space my wife and kids are using for their hobbies...I'm not going to rent a storage unit to keep dinosaurs figures, right now I think PNSO has taken a sizable chunk of that storage space with empty boxes while the figures get rotated on the shelf I'm wondering if any of you guys have made the decision to just throw the boxes away?  all my other figures seem to do just fine in wrapping material and careful placement in large boxes and I can store 25-45 figures in a box depending on size and scale but with the PNSOf figures a large box only might fit 7-10 of these product boxes...I know these are more expensive and I've been hesitant to get rid of the packaging but now I have to make a decision, either clear out a bunch of PNSO figures, destroy their packaging, or just not buy anything else :(

I don't like any of those choices...

Sim

I haven't gotten rid of PNSO boxes, but if PNSO keeps making figures I like, it will get to the point where I have to start discarding PNSO boxes, very soon in fact as I have almost run out of room for the boxes.  Getting rid of the PNSO boxes definitely seems like the best option out of what you listed, alternatively you could rent storage to keep the PNSO boxes?

On a somewhat related note, I imagine a new PNSO figure will be revealed soon.  I wonder if it will be disappointing to me like almost all of this year's PNSO figures, or something much needed like the PNSO Lufengosaurus?  It should be fine either way as if it's a disappointment I'll keep more space for figures and boxes, and if it's something I like it'll be a new figure I can enjoy!

Gwangi

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on June 25, 2024, 04:43:16 PMWhat have you guys been doing with your PNSO figures "storage wise" 

It's gotten to the point where I've used up all my personal storage space in the house and it's about the same size of the storage space my wife and kids are using for their hobbies...I'm not going to rent a storage unit to keep dinosaurs figures, right now I think PNSO has taken a sizable chunk of that storage space with empty boxes while the figures get rotated on the shelf I'm wondering if any of you guys have made the decision to just throw the boxes away?  all my other figures seem to do just fine in wrapping material and careful placement in large boxes and I can store 25-45 figures in a box depending on size and scale but with the PNSOf figures a large box only might fit 7-10 of these product boxes...I know these are more expensive and I've been hesitant to get rid of the packaging but now I have to make a decision, either clear out a bunch of PNSO figures, destroy their packaging, or just not buy anything else :(

I keep the boxes but only because I have the space to do so. If it ever comes down to it though, I'll get rid of the boxes and won't be broken hearted about it. In fact, when Aliexpress had the option, I skipped packaging. I certainly wouldn't stop collecting for the sake of having space to store packaging. I collect dinosaur toys, not boxes.  ;)

thomasw100

I do also keep the boxes for now and store them in cardboard moving boxes on the attic. If I would have to reduce space, I would at least keep the original boxes of figures with thin delicate parts, like claws and horns etc. So for sure I would keep the boxes of figures like Deinocheirus, Therizinosaurus, ceratopsians and the like.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Gwangi on June 25, 2024, 05:00:03 PM
Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on June 25, 2024, 04:43:16 PMWhat have you guys been doing with your PNSO figures "storage wise" 

I keep the boxes but only because I have the space to do so. If it ever comes down to it though, I'll get rid of the boxes and won't be broken hearted about it. In fact, when Aliexpress had the option, I skipped packaging. I certainly wouldn't stop collecting for the sake of having space to store packaging. I collect dinosaur toys, not boxes.  ;)
I hear ya, yes, it's about the toys and not the boxes...that said though, some of these boxes are really nice, the museum line packaging is beautiful and also the biggest contributors to wasted space and yet I can't imagine throwing those away...I'm struggling right now with the idea of getting rid of those and they take up ridiculous amounts of space!

Gwangi

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on June 25, 2024, 06:29:54 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on June 25, 2024, 05:00:03 PM

I hear ya, yes, it's about the toys and not the boxes...that said though, some of these boxes are really nice, the museum line packaging is beautiful and also the biggest contributors to wasted space and yet I can't imagine throwing those away...I'm struggling right now with the idea of getting rid of those and they take up ridiculous amounts of space!

Maybe just keep the Museum Line packaging and ditch the rest?

Carnoking

I incorporate the museum line boxes into my displays to give my shelves a leveled effect. I've also found this let's me put more Dinos on any given shelf cuz there's less competition for space if some can be raised!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: