News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

DINO DREAM: New for 2024

Started by blnadal, January 23, 2024, 05:23:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Cpt Red 3eard on June 28, 2024, 04:03:09 AMHmmm. The paint seems like a significant downgrade from the prototype/initial reveal.

I hope this isn't a trend with DD, great sculpts terrible paint. The Bull Rex was also pretty..bold to put it mildly.

blnadal

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 28, 2024, 04:07:18 AMThe P1 budget line is big but that's about it.  Lots of detail loss. 

The Nanmu has softer detail but nicer paint the DD is more accurate to the renders but the paint took a major step down from prototype to production as evidenced by that last box shot.

I'm waiting for a video review to decide if i'll sell mine from nanmu and take this one, but I 100% agree with you

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: blnadal on June 28, 2024, 04:23:37 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 28, 2024, 04:07:18 AMThe P1 budget line is big but that's about it.  Lots of detail loss. 

The Nanmu has softer detail but nicer paint the DD is more accurate to the renders but the paint took a major step down from prototype to production as evidenced by that last box shot.

I'm waiting for a video review to decide if i'll sell mine from nanmu and take this one, but I 100% agree with you

It makes it pretty difficult to decide what to keep and what to sell for sure. I might get it totally repainted..idk.

Bread

Was there any updates on these?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on June 28, 2024, 02:29:53 PMWas there any updates on these?

Not yet. The baby Stegosaurus was due out in May and I haven't heard if it's shipping yet either. They also showed pics of the baby Rex in a cage and that one hasn't even went up for preorder yet.  Seems they pushed the Giga out quicker?  The Theri is probably the next product they are going to get out quickly to beat others.

You can see what's currently available here: https://lanatime-shop.com/collections/dino-dream

Bread

Thank you avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon, I wish they would push these out.

I've been hesitant to just pickup Nanmu's Velociraptors 1/35 JW squad and get them repainted because DinoDream's teaser.

Now, I'm rethinking my decision... I'm impatient.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on June 29, 2024, 04:37:33 PMThank you avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon, I wish they would push these out.

I've been hesitant to just pickup Nanmu's Velociraptors 1/35 JW squad and get them repainted because DinoDream's teaser.

Now, I'm rethinking my decision... I'm impatient.

I understand, there are some things I really want NOW. lol   1 could have helped you last year, I had all four sets for sale.

DD just announced today a Juv. Rex diorama piece. I'm wondering if  they are behaving like Nanmu and some other companies. Testing the waters for interest before producing something?

blnadal

Blade-of-the-Moon

Is that an actual screenshot from the film?

blnadal

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: blnadal on July 01, 2024, 07:36:52 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 01, 2024, 03:14:16 PM

Yes!

I need to watch it again then as I don't recall that exact shot. They did really well on the look and detail. Just wish the paint was better.  The area around the eye could be improved too..slightly.

blnadal

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on Today at 02:52:14 AM
Quote from: blnadal on July 01, 2024, 07:36:52 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 01, 2024, 03:14:16 PM

Yes!

I need to watch it again then as I don't recall that exact shot. They did really well on the look and detail. Just wish the paint was better.  The area around the eye could be improved too..slightly.

Agree with you
Look is perfect to JWD Giga, unlike Nanmu and Prime 1
About the paint, looks good in some photos and worse in another. Maybe we can be sure anout it only with a video review

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.