You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Cambrobranchus, the earliest acorn worm

Started by Halichoeres, March 05, 2024, 10:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Acorn worms form part of the living sister group to echinoderms, which in turn is the living sister group to the chordates if the deuterostome hypothesis is correct. But acorn worms have no hard parts and are extremely rare as fossils. This fossil was just described as the earliest known acorn worm, from the Cambrian of China. Meet Cambrobranchus pelagobenthos ('Cambrian gill of the seafloor'). I'll be interested to see what other Cambrian researchers have to say about it.

Appears to be open access: https://palaeo-electronica.org/content/2024/5163-origin-of-the-hemichordate-larva
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

Yes, open access. How interesting to read of larvae and juveniles being preserved.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.