You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What really did allow for the rise of Avemetatarsalia in the Late Triassic?

Started by Grembles, March 26, 2024, 03:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grembles

Hi all, I have been working on a research paper (for Uni) on the topic of "What allowed for Avemetatarsalia to eventually outcompete other Archosaurs" for a few months now, and have gotten the basic reasons down (Biological changes, Environmental changes) as my main points but was wondering if anyone had any other ideas/inputs that would possibly help out with the concept, be it another factor, or anything that fits into the specifics of the listed ideas.

Thanks!!

Halichoeres

You've alluded to environmental changes, so you might already be aware that dinosaurs kinda lucked out after changes in climate caused things like dicynodonts and rhynchosaurs to go extinct, in addition to stem-crocodiles. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-018-03996-1
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.