News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Asking for help

Started by thomasw100, May 30, 2024, 11:56:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasw100

So my two large painted diplodocoids (Barosaurus and Maraapunisaurus) from Lana have arrived two days ago. They look just beautiful. Maraapunisaurus is fine, but unfortunately Barosaurus suffered a transport damage. The tail piece broke off right where it connects to the remainder on the model, actually the connector between both parts has been broken through.

Now I am asking for help from the community. Does anyone know a professional that would be able to repair the model and would live not too far away from Aachen in Germany, possibly in the Netherlands or Belgium? I really do not want to ship this giant back and forth and would like to be able to deliver and pick it up in person. I would very much appreciate suggestions and, if possible, also the contact information of people who could do the repair (please PM for the latter).

I have posted this message in another thread, but as the only suggestion so far was to fix it myself, I take the liberty to repost this in a separate thread now. I note that if I had the ability to fix it myself, I would not reach out to the forum on this matter.

Halichoeres

While there are a fair few Dutch and German forum members, they are in various regions and I don't know many who are active in repairs/remodeling or the like. I'm sure plenty of people would be happy to help if they could, but I'm not sure anyone here has the skills or knowledge you're looking for. I wonder if you called a local hobby/train/model shop, if they might be able to recommend someone who doesn't necessarily specialize in dinosaurs but who has a good eye for color, a steady hand, and the right kind of patience.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

If nothing comes of my suggestion, Halichoeres' idea is sensible.

Libraraptor

How about these? It seems like they can fix it:

https://www.huenerbein.de/

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.