News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari retiring in 2024 figures

Started by Sim, July 01, 2024, 01:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin if it has been moved to the Hot Deals on the website, that's a good indicator that it has indeed been retired.

SpartanSquat

TBH I doubt dino dana line will be in a few years. That costs safari money for a brand.

Pachyrhinosaurus

I think a big reason for short-lived models might be the stores, too. A. C. Moore and now Michaels only ever had the same selection in stock and never really got anything new in that often. I'm sure Michael's is one of Safari's largest retailers, if not the largest. That eliminates most of the customer base if they're not on the shelves.

I must have overlooked the baryonyx's retirement earlier in this thread and I agree it's a real shame. Especially considering it's the best baryonyx figure out there.

I wonder if this is a result of the high number of theropods Safari has been putting out. It seems this happened to the ceratopsids a few years ago when a few of them were retired and none came out since.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Sim

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on August 02, 2024, 08:25:29 PMEspecially considering it's the best baryonyx figure out there.
I disagree.  I think the Favorite, Haolonggood and PNSO Baryonyx are all better and more accurate.

crazy8wizard

The Haolonggod Baryonyx is far uglier in comparison though

Sim

I have both colour schemes of the Haolonggood Baryonyx and I don't find them ugly.  I think the ugliness was only present in some early photos of a model where the lower jaw was misaligned.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: crazy8wizard on August 02, 2024, 10:29:14 PMThe Haolonggod Baryonyx is far uglier in comparison though
Both are nice. Infact, nost Baryonyces(?) are well made. Every rendition has its own charm, even those who aim to be accurate are still fairly accurate. Even the "lesser" figures of Papo, Mattel, Schliech, Mojo, I will say are pretty good renditions. And of course Pnso, HLG, and definitely Safari, which i wish was not retired already :( are all amazing

Halichoeres

CollectA's is no slouch either. In 5 years Baryonyx figures went from rarely made to pretty much de rigueur.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SidB

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 05, 2024, 03:56:04 PMCollectA's is no slouch either. In 5 years Baryonyx figures went from rarely made to pretty much de rigueur.
I forgotten about that one, but, yes, it's a good figure too, avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres .

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.