News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Walking with Dinosaurs 3D toys - new for 2013

Started by DinoToyForum, March 16, 2013, 11:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Hermes888 on September 15, 2013, 04:03:06 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't like the "Ultimate Gorgon" toy? I find the seams in the figure rather unsightly.
Yeah, I agree. I don't like it either- I only posted it because I thought other people would be interested.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 15, 2013, 04:09:07 AM
Quote from: Hermes888 on September 15, 2013, 04:03:06 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't like the "Ultimate Gorgon" toy? I find the seams in the figure rather unsightly.
Yeah, I agree. I don't like it either- I only posted it because I thought other people would be interested.
Same here. They should really not make dinosaur "action figures". It looks horrible. I'll just stick with the blind bag figures (the blind bag Troodon actually looks better than the action figure one to me).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Balaur

I agree, I don't like dinosaur action figures. The others are another story. I love them. These, I'm sorry but their childish.

Primeval12

Blade-of-the-Moon

Ah..but seams can be fixed... ;)

I think I'd buy all those regular figures..a little paint work and they'd be awesome.

Action figures have their place I think..I love my models and collectible figures or statues but when you want to handle one your worried the paint will rub or it just has one pose. These on the other hand I would feel quite comfortable carrying these around and playing with them ..not to mention showing kids some play worthy dinosaurs..which is what good toys do they inspire and fire the imagination. Reminds me of my Jurassic Park toys..I had a ton of fun playing with them everywhere..hillsides, creeks, you name it.  I wasn't inside typing on a keyboard or holding a game controller in my hands constantly.

Hynerpeton

Oh very nice. Probably wont be able to buy in US.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 15, 2013, 05:24:46 AM
Ah..but seams can be fixed... ;)

I think I'd buy all those regular figures..a little paint work and they'd be awesome.

Action figures have their place I think..I love my models and collectible figures or statues but when you want to handle one your worried the paint will rub or it just has one pose. These on the other hand I would feel quite comfortable carrying these around and playing with them ..not to mention showing kids some play worthy dinosaurs..which is what good toys do they inspire and fire the imagination. Reminds me of my Jurassic Park toys..I had a ton of fun playing with them everywhere..hillsides, creeks, you name it.  I wasn't inside typing on a keyboard or holding a game controller in my hands constantly.
I don't play with dinosaurs, I'm too old for that :P But yeah, if the kids like them then it's all good. They look a lot better than some of the other stuff out today *Schleich cough cough* Just not my cup of tea I guess.

Seeing that Ultimate Gorgon model just makes me wish David Krentz would release his fuzzy Gorgosaurus model as a model kit ;D

CityRaptor

You don't need to play with them, but having the possibility to pose them is nice and usefull for Dioramas. And a lot posable figures, like Monsterarts, are actually geared towards collectors.
Also seems likely that they will be released in Germany aswell, given the German on the packaging.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Roselaar

I love dinosaur action figures, makes for some diversity over static models. Just look at the Primeval Raptor and the new JP 3D dinosaurs, fabulous pieces! These new WWD figures are a little less grand, but I still think I'll go for all of them. Hopefully I'll be able to find them in local stores, I'd hate to resort to online resources like I have to do with almost everything else.

SpartanSquat

I hope they will release replicas, neca figures or sideshow replicas. Some are cool like troodon and gorgon. Just my idea, why talking? I mean maybe we will heard the voice of characters like herbivores, but a Gorgosaurus? I never imagine a carnivore speaking off.
I thought he wont speak like carnotaurus or velociraptor in disney dinosaur.

Nebuloid

Those blind bags look really tempting, can't find more pictures though to check the quality of the figures.

Concavenator

Quote from: RolandEden on September 15, 2013, 01:15:30 PM
I hope they will release replicas, neca figures or sideshow replicas. Some are cool like troodon and gorgon. Just my idea, why talking? I mean maybe we will heard the voice of characters like herbivores, but a Gorgosaurus? I never imagine a carnivore speaking off.
I thought he wont speak like carnotaurus or velociraptor in disney dinosaur.
Talking Dinosaurs?!? Aaaaaaaarghh.WHY!?!  >:(
I'm very disappointed now  :'(

Balaur

No twlking dinosaurs, where just hearing their thoughts. If they where talking the trailer would have shown us.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Talking = roaring/sound  perhaps ?

I don't think your ever too old to play..I certainly hope I never do, you have to let your imagination express itself . Heck, sometimes while walking through the woods to the shop I still pretend I'm a dinosaur.. lol

ChrisLikesDinos

They don't talk, they make electronic roaring noises (look at the packaging). Amazon listed them as talking for some reason.

Hellraptor

I really like those figures and im very happy for a featherd, dinosaur actionfigure with the Troodon. I just hope they will come to Sweden but since this country sucks when it comes to dinosaur toys i would not be suprised if they didnt came here.
Taking dinosaurs of this islandis the worst idea in the long, sad story of bad ideas

Hynerpeton

Quote from: Roselaar on September 15, 2013, 11:55:37 AM
I love dinosaur action figures, makes for some diversity over static models. Just look at the Primeval Raptor and the new JP 3D dinosaurs, fabulous pieces! These new WWD figures are a little less grand, but I still think I'll go for all of them. Hopefully I'll be able to find them in local stores, I'd hate to resort to online resources like I have to do with almost everything else.

I feel your pain :(
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

SpartanSquat

Ah good. I know by now the film will have voice off. We will heard what the dinosaurs think

Hynerpeton

I would love to see this but 3D is expensive. :(
Walking With Monsers:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: