News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Walking with Dinosaurs 3D toys - new for 2013

Started by DinoToyForum, March 16, 2013, 11:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC

Quote from: mmfrankford on January 02, 2014, 02:35:35 AM
  Where did the others come from?

The company name is Golden Links they are from the UK and do movie promotional items
You can never have too many dinosaurs

BOBZILLAaliens125

I got the Ultimate Gorgon figure at a local Toys R Us for about $30. This figure has a LOT more articulation than most Dinosaur figures. It's a shame it was for a horribly dubbed Walking With Dinosaurs movie. I hope they release an un-dubbed version. I haven't seen the whole movie, only parts, but just those parts alone keep me from watching it. Until there is an un-dubbed version or an educational version narrated by someone, maybe Morgan Freeman, I will not watch the WWD movie that shatters the whole name of Walking With Dinosaurs. But still, the Ultimate Gorgon figure is pretty awesome. 

Balaur

Not to derail, but on the 3D Blu-ray release, there is a non dubbed version of the film.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: BOBZILLAaliens125 on March 18, 2014, 11:36:38 PM
I got the Ultimate Gorgon figure at a local Toys R Us for about $30. This figure has a LOT more articulation than most Dinosaur figures. It's a shame it was for a horribly dubbed Walking With Dinosaurs movie. I hope they release an un-dubbed version. I haven't seen the whole movie, only parts, but just those parts alone keep me from watching it. Until there is an un-dubbed version or an educational version narrated by someone, maybe Morgan Freeman, I will not watch the WWD movie that shatters the whole name of Walking With Dinosaurs. But still, the Ultimate Gorgon figure is pretty awesome.

It is an awesome figure ! I love mine.  Been thinking to get another one.

There is an undubbed version supposedly on the 3D dvd/blu-ray release.  I'm hoping to see a review on the 25th.

Roselaar

Quote from: Balaur on March 18, 2014, 11:38:29 PM
Not to derail, but on the 3D Blu-ray release, there is a non dubbed version of the film.

Thankfully! Common sense has finally prevailed to some extent.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Roselaar on March 19, 2014, 03:02:31 PM
Quote from: Balaur on March 18, 2014, 11:38:29 PM

Thankfully! Common sense has finally prevailed to some extent.
No kidding! Maybe it's worth getting after all!
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Roselaar

Apparently there's a Series 2 of the bling bag figures, consisting of Glow-in-the-Dark repaints. This was news to me. Anybody in the UK heard of these yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8TKJt_JtlM

Credit goes to raptorx85 on JPtoys for finding this video.

Jetoar

Ooooh really cool  ^-^. In Spain we havent seen the blind bags.............. :-\
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

SBell

They couldn't have just made more normal-coloured dinos? There's still a few from the movie that weren't in the first set.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: SBell on April 26, 2014, 08:18:55 PM
They couldn't have just made more normal-coloured dinos? There's still a few from the movie that weren't in the first set.
Glow-in-the-dark dinos are just a silly novelty. There are no dinosaur species afaik that glowed in the film, so it's pretty pointless.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: SBell on April 26, 2014, 08:18:55 PM
I know. I still want a Chirostenotes from the film.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

CityRaptor

Well, from an economic standpoint, recolors allow to use the tooling once more. Although, I as well hoped for a different second series. A second series with new molds would probably have included:
Adult Patchi
Adult Juniper
Adult Scowler
Patchi's Mom
Chirostenotes
Anklyosaur ( Edmontonia )
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SBell

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 27, 2014, 10:05:04 AM
Well, from an economic standpoint, recolors allow to use the tooling once more. Although, I as well hoped for a different second series. A second series with new molds would probably have included:
Adult Patchi
Adult Juniper
Adult Scowler
Patchi's Mom
Chirostenotes
Anklyosaur ( Edmontonia )

And likely at least one more Gorgosaurus--I think there were some colour variations. If nothing else, there were more than one of them in the film.

CityRaptor

Oh yes, a non-Gorgon Gorgosaur.
There are probably some more candidates, but I haven't seen the movie.
Oh no

Daspletodave

Glow in the Dark dinos are silly, but remember these are aimed at little kids who will think they're cool.
At least this explains why the original blind bags were marked "Series 1".
I doubt that there will be a Series 3.

On another note, having seen the movie I'm looking forward to the 3D Blu-ray release.

CityRaptor

Given that there are three series of Predasaurs and all the GITD stuff Safari released a while ago, there seems to be something about that.
Oh no

sauroid

the WWD mini figures are so prone to warping. how do i fix this? they are too thin and soft for the heat treatment.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Paleo & Fish Collector

I'm not too active around here so you might not know me. I'm more active with STS. But anyways, I really am disappointed that they just chose to make cheesy glow in the dark dinosaurs. A bit of a disappointment. I was hoping for the chirostenotes or the edmontoia to finally be included. And maybe adult forms of the 3 Pachi's and even a new pose for Alex or the alphadon. Maybe the alphadon standing up or Alex with his wings folded?
Anyways, I have looked high and low for the quetzalcoatlus. I have 11 of the 12 figures right now. I have seen them on eBay and people in the UK charge too much for shipping in my opinion. I have been trying so hard to find that figure but I just can't find it... And these figures are less than a year old and already becoming scarce!
Does anyone here happen to have a spare quetzalcoatlus or anything of that nature?

And on second thought, if the figures become warped, just let them sit in hot water and bend them to the position. Put some cold water on and hold in the position until the apendage becomes stiff again.

tyrantqueen

QuoteI have seen them on eBay and people in the UK charge too much for shipping in my opinion.
That's a bit of a sweeping generalisation. Shipping from the USA to the UK can be expensive as well. It's being sent across the ocean, so it's going to cost more.

stargatedalek

Quote from: sauroid on April 30, 2014, 06:11:46 PM
the WWD mini figures are so prone to warping. how do i fix this? they are too thin and soft for the heat treatment.
from my experience that only makes it easier to use the heat treatment, it does also mean they might just warp back again, but that can happen with larges pieces too, it may take a few tries before they stay
I've never tried it on the WWD3D minis, so I can only go by my experience with GI Joe weapons and small Chap Mei animals as far as this goes

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: