News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Walking with Dinosaurs 3D toys - new for 2013

Started by DinoToyForum, March 16, 2013, 11:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

I hadn't heard about non-electronic versions myself.

Hermes888

All the WWD toys are out of stock online via Walmart, completely removed from the Toys 'R' Us online catalog, and at least twice MSRP on Amazon and eBay.

I found one Troodon figure available in a Walmart, but it's forty minutes away. Is it worth it?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Amazon was only selling the UK versions last I checked.  Here is the page on TRU : http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=walking%20with%20dinosaurs&origkw=walking+with+dinosaurs&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1

Some pieces are in stock.

Walmart was out..but it might only be temporary.

Hermes888

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 01, 2014, 02:12:30 AM
Amazon was only selling the UK versions last I checked.  Here is the page on TRU : http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=walking%20with%20dinosaurs&origkw=walking+with+dinosaurs&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1

Troodon? More like No-don!. Sorry... that was terrible.

I should clarify - the only figure I actually care about is the Troodon, and that seems to have gone completely AWOL.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Hermes888 on January 01, 2014, 04:32:23 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 01, 2014, 02:12:30 AM

Troodon? More like No-don!. Sorry... that was terrible.

I should clarify - the only figure I actually care about is the Troodon, and that seems to have gone completely AWOL.

Walmart still lists it but it's out of stock..I don't think any stores in the U.S. ever received it yet .   Could be backordered.

Hermes888

Went to the Walmart thirty minutes away and found a whole shelf dedicated to these figures! I took home two blind-bag figures (Hesperonychus and Troodon), and two articulated figures (Gorgosaurus and Troodon). Mission successful!

Roselaar

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 31, 2013, 11:10:56 PM
I hadn't heard about non-electronic versions myself.

Might as well post the pic then, in case others here missed it too. ;)

Courtesy (on JPtoys at least) of raptorx85, who found these in a local store. An action that I have failed to duplicate, sadly.

mmfrankford

Hi all and Happy New Year!!

I saw those movie cup figures on Ebay. However I collected a set with official cups from Regal and Rave cinemas. They look a lot different than the other three. (And these look more like the movie characters) Where did the others come from?

tyrantqueen

The Gorgosaurus looks quite nice. Can we have some photos, please? :)

mmfrankford

Sorry Tyrant Queen, is that for me or someone else??  :)

tyrantqueen

mmfrankford

OK, here are more pics, including one with a Krentz chubbie Allo and US quarter for size. They are pretty nice sized figures, bigger than the blind bag ones.

tyrantqueen

It looks nice, and I agree, the detail is better than the blind bag Gorgo. Thanks for posting :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Hey Melissa ! Long time no talk ! lol

Those pics look pretty cool !

Balaur

That's one cool Gorgo! I agree with tyrantqueen, looks better than the blind bag figure.

Jetoar

Quote from: Balaur on January 02, 2014, 09:46:47 AM
That's one cool Gorgo! I agree with tyrantqueen, looks better than the blind bag figure.

I think the same that you  ^-^
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Blade-of-the-Moon

mmfrankford

Yes, they are around 5" long. I'm going to the movies this weekend, going to try and grab some Gorgos. :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Cool. I didn't see  any of them at the theater I went to..but it's not very big.

Daspletodave

FYI the 3D movie Walking with Dinosaurs is worth seeing. I know its gotten bad reviews and the story is lame - but if you like seeing dinosaurs it's worth it. The best parts were the Pachyrhinosaurus herd, the Edmontosaurus herd, and the Gorgosaurus pack. They went to a lot of effort to make these animals look lifelike. The pachy's showed a lot of variation in color schemes, horns, frills etc. The edmontosaurus herd had no two individuals exactly the same - lots of different camo mottling schemes. Lots of inspiration for those who like to paint their own dinos.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: