You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

My Papo Dinosaur Collection!! New hobby

Started by spaceman, March 31, 2013, 03:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceman

I just started collecting Papo Dinosaurs.  Love the dynamic and "realistic" texture of these dino figures..  who cares they are not accurate?  lol  ::)

Here's some of pics of my display.  Had so much fun trying to display them together!

BTW, any collectors from Singapore here?

sauroid

cool Papo collection spaceman and welcome to the DTF.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Roselaar

Good looking diorama set-up. A bit crowded though. :)

Thundercharge

Very nice! It looks really natural; I love the wall in the background. :)

The Papo dinosaurs are my favorites; they may not be totally accurate but the detail they have for their size and pricepoint is incredible. Plus I don't mind that they take inspiration from Jurassic Park; I love that movie.  :))

Click sig for my collection! :)

spaceman

Thanks guys!

don't have much space on my shelvings, so every dino has to cram together.  In fact, I have a lonely spinosaurus which is too big to be displayed!

DinoToyForum

Welcome Spaceman. Your Papo diorama looks great  8)

Libraraptor

spaceman

thanks for the nice comments!  :))

New Dino addition!  a Green running T-Rex! 

but looks a bit weird to have a green and brown T-rex side by side....  Papo, please re-release the brown version.... ;)

Horridus

Very lovely diorama...makes me want to go out and fetch some rocks!

I do care about the inaccuracy of the Papos, but it hasn't stopped me buying most of them. You're right, for a lifelike appearance they are without par.

Also, you seem to have got lucky with the Papo Triceratops - yours has a much more interesting paint job than mine.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

spaceman

Quote from: Horridus on April 04, 2013, 08:42:50 PM

Also, you seem to have got lucky with the Papo Triceratops - yours has a much more interesting paint job than mine.

oh i didn't got lucky.  I painted my Triceratop's belly with a lighter colour and added some camo stripes to it.   
the original brown is very boring, the eyes are weird, the strange spider web cracked horns etc..... but IT IS the Triceratops!!  how can I don't have such a iconic dino in my collection?!?!!   

I have also painted a brown velociraptor to create JP version.   

Horridus

Quote from: spaceman on April 05, 2013, 02:07:27 AM
oh i didn't got lucky.  I painted my Triceratop's belly with a lighter colour and added some camo stripes to it.   
the original brown is very boring, the eyes are weird, the strange spider web cracked horns etc..... but IT IS the Triceratops!!  how can I don't have such a iconic dino in my collection?!?!!   
Oh I see! Well, you made a very nice job of it.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

spaceman

Change my display shelf.... finally i can squeeze in the Spinosaurus into the same display! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQQ1saduo30

now the long wait for the Dimetrodon :-[

spaceman

Quote from: Horridus on April 08, 2013, 06:50:48 PM
Quote from: spaceman on April 05, 2013, 02:07:27 AM
Oh I see! Well, you made a very nice job of it.

thanks!  ^-^

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

spaceman

A surprise birthday presents! Papo Stegosaurus

My sis has also given me some air plant, Tillandsia, to green up my park

Here's a big one

Here's a small one

RockyMountainRex

A nice looking collection!  I am just starting out as well, and I think your little display area looks great.   :)
Rawr!

Explorer

Quote from: spaceman on March 31, 2013, 03:54:04 PM
I just started collecting Papo Dinosaurs.  Love the dynamic and "realistic" texture of these dino figures..  who cares they are not accurate?  lol  ::)

Here's some of pics of my display.  Had so much fun trying to display them together!

BTW, any collectors from Singapore here?

Hi Spaceman, are there Papo in Singapore? Couldn't seem to find any. Nice collection btw. Thanks

Simon

Hey spaceman - lovely display!

And I like the giant Echidna (Spiny Anteater) that you snuck in there!  Anyone else notice that detail?

spaceman

Thanks!  I have placed some geckos & frogs in together in my display as well

Quote from: Simon on May 13, 2013, 08:04:03 PM
Hey spaceman - lovely display!

And I like the giant Echidna (Spiny Anteater) that you snuck in there!  Anyone else notice that detail?

spaceman

I need to expand my Jurassic Park to accommodate more Dinos!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: