News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaurs: The Weird and the Wonderful

Started by Yutyrannus, May 08, 2013, 04:11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

I finished my Alaskonychus, I think he might just be one of my best pictures. I'll try to post him as soon as possible :). Way better picture than the Nothronychus I did a while back.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Yutyrannus

Here is my goose therizinosaur ;):

Alaskan Therizinosaur (Alaskonychus)

Here he is, finally .:))

Balaur

Awesome job! One of my new favourites!

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on January 23, 2014, 01:32:26 AM
Awesome job! One of my new favourites!
Yeah, it took me a while to figure out how to make it look like he doesn't have a rediculously narrowing neck (see my Nothronychus from a while back), but a think the Capercaille beard feathers worked perfectly. It is definately one of my best, also the Hawaiian Goose neck coloration looks great in my opinion. This is a HUGE advancement over my Nothronychus, I can hardly believe I drew them from the same skeletal :))!

Also, I will be doing my Hatzegopteryx soon and thanks to some new evidence I got my hands on I think it will be pretty surprising :)). I'll explain it when I post him.

Concavenator

Love the Alaskonychus!It's face makes it particularly cute  ;D

Yutyrannus

Yutyrannus

Here is my first pterosaur picture for the series :) :

Hatzegopteryx

The new evidence I mentioned is vertebrae from Hatzegopteryx that suggest its neck was about half as long as that of Arambourgiania. Here is a link to the paper that mentions this (it is on pages 45 and 46): http://svpca.org/years/2013_edinburgh/abstracts.pdf

Balaur

ITdactyl

very nice clean drawing... and thanks for sharing the link.

How did you come by the neck proportions?  Arambourgiania has an extremely long neck, half of that would still be quite long - like the new collecta toy.

Just asking though.  I really like this new drawing, and that Alaskonychus.

Concavenator

Very nice Hatz there,It looks fantastic!Though isn't its neck a little short?  ???

Yutyrannus

Thanks everyone! I got the neck proportions by looking at other pictures of Arambourgiania and splitting that as close to half as I could, might be a bit short but I don't think it is too far off.

Edit: Here is the Arambourgiania image I used as a reference: http://julio-lacerda.deviantart.com/gallery/#/art/The-Catcher-in-the-Rye-359534074?_sid=6b662c79

ITdactyl

Nah, don't worry about it... 'twas just a question - the drawing itself is nice.

Besides, I don't think we have an updated skeletal floating somewhere in the internet.....

Yutyrannus

Thanks! Also, Deinocheirus and Falcarius should be coming soon :).

Yutyrannus

I have decided to switch my crocodilian special to After the Dinosaurs, so this series will instead have a special that I've had the idea for for a while (and by a while I mean about 4 years :)) ). The new special will follow a pride of Carnotaurus during the spring.
Here is the creature list:
Carnotaurus
Baurusuchid
Saltosaurus
Beuitreraptor
Patagonychus
Amargosaurus

I cannot come up with a good name for this special so any suggestions are appreciated :).

Concavenator

That sounds cool!  :)
What about calling it:Carnotaurus' spring? Not an awesome title but more or less appropiate to tell this abelisaurid's travel through the spring I think.  ;)

Yutyrannus

Maybe :). I've also put Beuitreraptor in the special now (if it doesn't fit the time I'll replace it with Unenlagia). By the way, I'm watching Life of Birds right now so I'm getting plenty of ideas for the series.

Yutyrannus

Decided on a name for the Carnotaurus special: Chubut Spring.

Also, here is my bird-of-paradise ornithomimosaur:

Deinocheirus

Balaur

Wow! Good job! I am also watching the Life of Birds and I am getting ideas from that series as well, but not for my series, just for fun.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on January 28, 2014, 04:47:53 AM
Wow! Good job! I am also watching the Life of Birds and I am getting ideas from that series as well, but not for my series, just for fun.
Yes, it is very inspiring :). It is actually in my opinion a great example of the ideal dinosaur documentary. By the way, will you beposting some of those ideas in your art thread ("Balaur's Dinosaur Art")?

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on January 28, 2014, 04:52:10 AM
Quote from: Balaur on January 28, 2014, 04:47:53 AM
Yes, it is very inspiring :). It is actually in my opinion a great example of the ideal dinosaur documentary. By the way, will you beposting some of those ideas in your art thread ("Balaur's Dinosaur Art")?

Yes, it is a great example of a wonderful dinosaur documentary. Also, is that where you got the idea of the format, or did you make it yourself?

Also, yes, I will be posting them in my art thread.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: