News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaurs: The Weird and the Wonderful

Started by Yutyrannus, May 08, 2013, 04:11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on September 11, 2013, 03:19:41 AM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on September 11, 2013, 03:04:47 AM
Quote from: Balaur on September 11, 2013, 03:00:11 AM
Sorry, but I have another nitty pick on the creature list. Hagryphus unforutenentally lived 75 mya, and Utahraptor 125 mya.
Oh, that sucks! Well I really want him in my series so I guess I'll put it in The Last Dinosaurs as a sixth sequence. :)

I think that's a great solution! Way to combat my "actually"'s. :)
;)

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Yutyrannus

Here it is, one of my favorite dinosaurs:

Hagryphus

Colors not based on anything specific.

Balaur

Concavenator

Yutyrannus

Eurazhdarcho and Nothronychus can be expected soon. Not long after I will do Khaan, Sauroniops, and possibly the Elasmosaurus :).

Balaur

Wow, I'm feeling like a little bit too much of a geo-nazi right now, because I have to correct you on Ohmdenosaurus. Compsognathus lived about 150 million years ago, and Ohmdenosaurus lived 190 million years ago, although it is possible that an early ancestor of Compsognathus had evolved at that time. Just letting you know. ;)

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on September 14, 2013, 05:14:18 AM
Wow, I'm feeling like a little bit too much of a geo-nazi right now, because I have to correct you on Ohmdenosaurus. Compsognathus lived about 150 million years ago, and Ohmdenosaurus lived 190 million years ago, although it is possible that an early ancestor of Compsognathus had evolved at that time. Just letting you know. ;)
Ok, I'll just change it to Compsognathid :)

Yutyrannus

My fuzzy Nothronychus :):

Nothronychus

The whooping crane Byronosaurus:

Byronosaurus

Balaur

I LOVE the Byronosaurus! Great job! I really love it!

Yutyrannus

Concavenator

Great job in the Nothronychus,I love it!  :D
Your Byronosaurus is really nice too. :)

Yutyrannus

I will probably post the Sauroniops today. I am still trying to decide on a color for Melanorosaurus so it may be a while till I post that one.

Yutyrannus

Concavenator

Yutyrannus

Thanks! Also, I will probably post my Pliosaurus today :)!

Yutyrannus

Here is my first marine reptile for the series:

Pliosaurus

I based its coloration slightly on the Megalneusurus from Balaur's series.

Yutyrannus

I am going to announce my second special for this series. It is called Crocodiles: The World's Greatest Survivors. It will follow the story of crocodylomorphs from the Triassic to the Pliocene from across the world. It has two parts, each 60 minutes long and with 6 sequences. Here is the creature list.

The Time of the Archosaurs:
#1 - Proterosuchus
#2 - Cricosaurus
#3 - Goniopholis
#4 - Simosuchus
#5 - Kaprosuchus
#6 - Baurusuchus

The Time of the Mammals:
#1 - Champsosaurus
#2 - Pristichampsus
#3 - Sebecus
#4 - Purrussaurus
#5 - Mourasuchus
#6 - Crocodylus thorbjarnarsoni

As always, I am open to suggestions for where I put ?'s.

Balaur

Love the Pliosaurus!

Also, I am so happy with the release of another special! Two episodes! I love it! And I just can't wait for those creatures! ;)

I will suggest a Purrasaurus for part two. Maybe a Rimasuchus?

Yutyrannus

Purrussaurus, thank you for reminding me of him :))! Also, can you help me out with coming up with a pattern for my Xenosmilus for After the Dinosaurs: Beasts of the Cenozoic? And Baurusuchus will probably be drawn soon.

Balaur

Cool! Also, for the fifth story in episode 2, I suggest Mourasuchus. It is a very bizarre filter feeding crocodile, with a duck like sniut and a gular sack lick a balleen whale.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: