You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Walking With Dinosaurs - The Arena Spectacular

Started by DinoToyForum, May 17, 2013, 08:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

It's in Nottingham. I'm going tomorrow! I didn't have a chance to go the first time it toured, so I'm looking forward to it! :D I'll report back here and I've promised to review it for Love in the Time of Chasmosaurs ;)

Anyone else been/going? What did you think?

Thundercharge

I missed it the last time it was in the States a few years ago, but if it comes back I'll definitely try to be there! I'd love to go.

I hope you enjoy it  :D

Click sig for my collection! :)

Dan

It was a little disorienting with the constant camera flashes, but impressive. They should really provide some kind of VIP backstage visit for you though, Adam.

ZoPteryx

I saw it several years ago, it's really quite amazing! :)

Based on that photo, looks like they've redone the Ornithocheirus.

Roselaar

It was an excellent show, despite the narrator obviously not being that much in-the-know about dinosaurs (at least, the Dutch narrator). I hope the Torosaurus' neck shield has been repaired since I saw the show. :)

Pachyrhinosaurus

I saw it as well when it was over here. Great show, but it wasn't perfect (with those naked raptors).
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

DinoToyForum

Well, I liked it! One of the Torosaurus had a damaged shield but it looked intentional to me ;)
I'll submit a review to LITC soon...

Jetoar

I seen this magnificent and wonderful The Arena Spectacular in Spain 4 years ago  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

rfdelgado

I saw this show in LA a few years ago with my family and I enjoyed it. Yeah, you have a few quibbles here and there but from the standpoint of watching these things walk around, it's really cool.

FUTABA

I went to see it in Birmingham. Excellent. After a short while my brain learned to see them as animals and ignored the whole 'men in costumes / cars' thing. The Stego was especially lifelike (although when I bought the programme it showed a picture of it flushing it's plates - which didn't happen in the show. I'd like to have seen that). It deviated slightly from the series aswell which was good as it didn't feel like I was simply watching the series again but onstage. No marine life though. But that makes sense as it would have been probably too tricky to do it convincingly (the string suspended Ornithocheirus was probably the least convincing model). Just to see them in full scale walking around actually gave me a little lump in my throat on a few occasions.
I really really like blue things.

DinoToyForum

I've submitted my review to LITC and hope to see it posted soon :)

I couldn't blank out the 'men in costumes / cars' thing, wish I could've.

Roselaar

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 19, 2013, 01:22:38 PM
One of the Torosaurus had a damaged shield but it looked intentional to me ;)

Did its head almost drag over the floor because it got pulled down by the neck shield that had broken down?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Roselaar on June 02, 2013, 02:33:22 PM

Did its head almost drag over the floor because it got pulled down by the neck shield that had broken down?

No, it just has some superficial damage. Must have fixed it.

Roselaar

Quote from: dinotoyforum on June 02, 2013, 03:45:37 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on June 02, 2013, 02:33:22 PM

No, it just has some superficial damage. Must have fixed it.

Good thing too, it looked rather nasty. They had it make a quick exit because it appeared rather embarrassing. But it didn't ruin the show for anybody. :)

Crackington

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but Mrs Crackington came across something funny with the Arena dino costumes on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo19imJWN_M

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.