News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New on Ebay

Started by Ikessauro, March 13, 2012, 03:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleoMatt

Definitely ripping off Rebor there :/ Maybe we should call them?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: TE Matt on December 17, 2015, 07:39:52 AM
Definitely ripping off Rebor there :/ Maybe we should call them?

I can see an obvious design influence, but no copyright infringement (aside from the velociraptor design which belongs to Universal). Rebor doesn't own the right to foam inserts or dark backgrounds.

Also, it's sad to say but even if that company was ripping off their molds, there would be nothing they could do. Copyright law is next to nonexistant in China :-\

Rain

Quote from: Patrx on December 17, 2015, 02:58:37 AM
Velociraptor ...antirrhopus? What madness is this?

Haha, this was actually mentioned and addressed by a few other members over on the Papo thread. See the first few replies ^-^

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=419.860

Also, if you scroll down on the Ebay page, you'll see they refer to it as a Deinonychus...They're all over the place  :P

Jetoar

I think is very possible that the saler read the dinosaur field guide that appears with rhis name or read some book .
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Sim

Quote from: Rain on December 17, 2015, 11:21:02 AM
Also, if you scroll down on the Ebay page, you'll see they refer to it as a Deinonychus...They're all over the place  :P

Hahaha!  Many could learn from this and stop pretending Velociraptor is something it isn't.

ner_o

HI THERE!  ^-^
We're selling our entire collection!
Here's a somewhat presentative image (sorry in advance for size). All species listed on the eBay page!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/272113857784?

Thank you

Roselaar

And a great collection it is, but the shipping costs and import taxes would be a bitch...

JurassicGeek09

Quote from: ner_o on January 24, 2016, 05:06:05 PM
HI THERE!  ^-^
We're selling our entire collection!
Here's a somewhat presentative image (sorry in advance for size). All species listed on the eBay page!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/272113857784?

Thank you

I'm interested in the Battat Rex I see there, above all else.
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

thelordsgym

Viking Spawn

I think that seller needs to do his/her homework a little better. 

ner_o

I might actually split it in parts..

JurassicGeek09

If you do, I call dibs on the Battat Rex!!! :))
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

DinoToyForum

DinoToyForum

stoneage

Is there a way to change foreign languages to English on E-Bay?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: stoneage on February 15, 2016, 05:12:55 PM

The Chrome browser can translate foreign languages into English for any website ( - Preferences - Settings -Advance Preferences - Languages )..

...Sorry for the wrong suggestion: it doesn't work with Ebay....  :-\

Halichoeres

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on February 15, 2016, 05:29:43 PM
Quote from: stoneage on February 15, 2016, 05:12:55 PM

The Chrome browser can translate foreign languages into English for any website ( - Preferences - Settings -Advance Preferences - Languages )..

...Sorry for the wrong suggestion: it doesn't work with Ebay....  :-\

It works for me! One could also just paste the item description into Google Translate. But eBay doesn't have any kind of internal translation functionality.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

RobinGoodfellow

There is a trick I use with Ebay.
I select the item on the foreign Ebay page and add it to the watch list (the button is always in the same place despite of the language used..).
Then I go on my national Ebay page, browse my watch list and select the item.
The main text is automatically translated into my language.
Eventually I use Google Translator for the description, if necessary.

I'm using a MacBookPro. My Chrome browser doesn't translate ALL the Ebay page but only a part of it..  ???

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: