News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

T

Tylo's lost past, an old Dino collection + new Dino's that are added :D

Started by Tylosaurus, March 22, 2012, 02:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tylosaurus

Hey everyone.

Here is something I always found very hard to show, since it has a lot to do with my dark untold past.
it gave me many flashbacks thus I always kept it tucked away. Himmapaan knows what I mean.

Anyways now it's the time to set free from those feelings and show it all to you people.
So far I have this as picture, my Four Mystery Boxes packed with Dino's mostly from the 78's 80's mainly that era.

Today is the day that I will unpack these and reveal what has been in them since I left Australia back on December 17 1990.
And thereby I shall unfold what lies in those four boxes, showing you something I have not showed anyone else, I had plans to sell them and they are still there but showing them first is a better thing, I just never knew what to do with them so they were always on the attic or in a storage room and now I will reveal their hidden secrets.

Stay tuned for more.

mnemosaurus

This is exciting! You certainly know how to build up suspense!  :)

Long lost dinosaur toys from the late eighties.... great!

Tylosaurus

yeah about 400+ maybe more too, I'll post more pics later today :)  Kom anders langs om te helpen haha ;D

Dutch for --> Come over otherwise and help out haha xD

mnemosaurus

Quote from: Tylosaurus on March 22, 2012, 04:07:25 PM
yeah about 400+ maybe more too, I'll post more pics later today :)  Kom anders langs om te helpen haha ;D

Dutch for --> Come over otherwise and help out haha xD
If I was a bit closer to Dirksland I certainly would!  ;)

This has potential to be some kind of  a dinosaur toy treasure - when I dug up some boxes at my parents place about 2 years ago, I was quite amazed with the things I found..! Enjoy  :)

Tylosaurus

hehe well you will be amazed soon, these 400+ dino's haven't seen daylight sine 1990 so a good 21 years ago they went in the boxes and never came out.

My Berging aka storage room was also packed with many boxes, from packages I recieved from faraway lands for my my numerous various collections, so I also thought wauw what a good opportunity to clean out that room too!  ;D 8)

CityRaptor

Oh, Dinosaur Toys from the Dark Ages! I wonder what is inside!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Tylosaurus

Well comrades here is the first box, which is font left of that Mystery shot :)

Face view, with a few broken ones in the foreground  :)

Here a top overview:

Another top shot but angled from the right flank:

If memory serves me correctly this were the left overs, the other boxes have much more interesting parts :)

Stay tuned for lots more, 3 boxies to go ! yaps!

CityRaptor

Oh no

tyrantqueen

Interesting....I used to have that big rubber rat when I was a kid.

Onto the next box  ;D

Tylosaurus

Yeah lots from Chinaland & Hong Kong tooz, Well gotta move on to box 2!
Which is front box on the right of the Mystery Box shot from first post 8)

Front View:

Top View:

Top Side View:

There ya go, two more boxies to go ;D rofl!

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 22, 2012, 07:19:41 PM
Interesting....I used to have that big rubber rat when I was a kid.

Onto the next box  ;D

My mom bought me that from the International Show where you could buy showbags and such I think it came with the Horror bag xD you have various types of show bugs like the Bubblegum bag, Crisps Bag, Barbie bag  dunno about all the rest there were like 20 to 30 different types of show bags :) That rat is from 1986 I think heh.

tyrantqueen

I see a lot of classic chinasaurs...the reptilian lion, the two headed theropod, and that weird rhinoceros with a trike head.

Also, a skeleton hand XD

What's that thing inside a sock? :o

CityRaptor

I see some MOTU Figures I had aswell. More familiar Chinasaurs ( mainly the Marx Knockoffs ), then also that black theropod and the Pterosaur.

And hey, I see that you have a painted invivta Triceratops! A piece you should keep!
Oh no

mnemosaurus

Cool Chinasaurs  ;D

BTW, there's a painted Invicta Triceratops in the Box 2 group  :D (also an Invicta Glyptodon in Box 1) Nice!!

Horridus

I had both of the rubber spiders in the last shot, amusingly...along with some of the Chinasaurs.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

tyrantqueen

So far I've seen 5 variations of that two headed fourlegged dragon guy . 3 in blue, one in white, and one in green.

What are those weird standing things from the first box, that look like they're covered in fuzz?

I see a Slimer :D

Tylosaurus

Many thanks for your cool replies, the name Chinasaurus makes me giggle, it's kinda new to me never knew people would call them made in China & Hong Kong things such names, kinda sounds hilarious!
You people have sharp eyes! that Gliptodon is from my Brisbane Museum school trip from 1981, which was a school trip. Brisbane is the capital of Queenskland, Australia btw.
Although that does make that Invicta Glyptodon interesting, it might also have of been one of my very first I bought myself.

Well I just found a 1979 Trachodon from Box 2, which needs repairing, it's very old it's also missing part of it's lower jaw, I'll post it after I have done with Boxes 3 and 4 :)
Well here the pics of Box 3 :)

Front:

Top:

Top Angled:

That Blue Ankylosaur is one I bought at some very cool toyshop that only sold rubber dinosaurs, this was at the Gold Coast Shopping Center, Queensland, Australia back in 1985, what my photo graphical memory also remembers is that the cement of the building was baby pink and the toy store was on your right when you walked in to it when you entered the building from the shore side.

Due to my Autism I can remember somethings very clearly but some things are also extremely vague, which is sad because sometimes I wish I remembered everything from this past.
One box to go now :P

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 22, 2012, 07:59:37 PM
So far I've seen 5 variations of that two headed fourlegged dragon guy . 3 in blue, one in white, and one in green.

What are those weird standing things from the first box, that look like they're covered in fuzz?

I see a Slimer :D

That are fury Dino's I have no idea of the brand it's all so long a go heh many were gifts from family and friends, I just never got in mind by selling these because I never knew how to deal with such a thing or they meant too much for me, but someday soon it's time to let go of my past and move on so I hope these will find a good home here or else where.

Box 4 coming now :)

Lio99

Himmapaan

I spot one or two equines too. :D

And yes, rescue the painted Invicta Triceratops from there without delay! Now that's a gem you mustn't lose again.  ;)

tyrantqueen

QuoteDue to my Autism I can remember somethings very clearly but some things are also extremely vague, which is sad because sometimes I wish I remembered everything from this past.
Oh you have Autism too? I have it as well (Asperger's Syndrome) *high five*  :D

I used to have that red and black triceratops. I think box 2 is my favourite so far.

CityRaptor

Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: