News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Bird is the word!

Started by Stegoraptor Rex, May 28, 2013, 12:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegoraptor Rex

I'm loving that Archiornis and chirostenotes the gaunlongs good too even though its not a maniraptor

Stegoraptor Rex

Did anyone ever make a figure out of the American passenger pigeon?

Bokisaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 25, 2013, 01:28:38 PM

Chirostenotes                           Guanlong           Velociraptor       Microraptor      Archaeopteryx      Anchiornis

Lovely collection as always, so beautifully displayed/photographed.  :)

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Stegoraptor Rex on June 24, 2013, 09:30:25 PM
Quote from: Bokisaurus on June 05, 2013, 07:03:45 AM
I procrastinated long enough that you beat me to it :))
Anyway, here are some of the prehistoric big birds in my collection, enjoy ;D

Question bokiasaurus what figure is the black gastornis with the pink under its eye in photos 1 through 2

I'm assuming you are talking about the large one. Unfortunately I have no idea what company made it. It only has the made in China stamp  :(

Stegoraptor Rex

Quote from: Bokisaurus on June 26, 2013, 02:27:51 AM
Quote from: Stegoraptor Rex on June 24, 2013, 09:30:25 PM
Quote from: Bokisaurus on June 05, 2013, 07:03:45 AM
I procrastinated long enough that you beat me to it :))
Anyway, here are some of the prehistoric big birds in my collection, enjoy ;D

Question bokiasaurus what figure is the black gastornis with the pink under its eye in photos 1 through 2

I'm assuming you are talking about the large one. Unfortunately I have no idea what company made it. It only has the made in China stamp  :(

Libraraptor

Here are my non-dinosaurian birds. Please no discussion about the terminology here.

Balaur

There needs to be more terror bird models, and Confuciusornis as well. I don't have alot unfortunentally and I wish that I had some. But I do have this.

postsaurischian

There's also the Paleomaster 1:24  Kelenken guillermoi

Carnosaur

Quote from: Bokisaurus on June 26, 2013, 02:25:12 AM
Quote from: postsaurischian on June 25, 2013, 01:28:38 PM

Chirostenotes                           Guanlong           Velociraptor       Microraptor      Archaeopteryx      Anchiornis

Lovely collection as always, so beautifully displayed/photographed.  :)

I have the Guanlong and the Archaeopteryx, who made the others? I'd like to find them

tyrantqueen

QuoteI have the Guanlong and the Archaeopteryx, who made the others? I'd like to find them
The Chirostenotes and Velociraptor are Shapeways models, made by Aaron Doyle and painted by copper. The Anchiornis is a Takara Tomy figure, and the Microraptor is by Kaiyodo.

EmperorDinobot

Uh... put a bird on it. Put a bird on anything.

AcroSauroTaurus

My Birds. (mixed the modern and extinct so I could post it on both forums)

Figures
Schleich Eurasian Eagle Owl
Schleich Phoenix (possibly retired)
Schleich Ostrich family
Schleich Ring-necked Pheasant (retired)
Safari Snowy Owl
Safari Great Horned Owl
Safari Barn Owl
Safari Sealife Toob Penguin
CollectA Kelenken
Resin generic Songbird
I am the Dinosaur King!

Derek.McManus

Some excellent models in these photos!

BlueKrono

Acro - Is that a baby emu next to the owl? What company makes it?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

CityRaptor

It's Schleich's Baby Ostrich. I think it is retired by now.

The Phoenix has a rather derpy expresion from this angle.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: BlueKrono on December 12, 2016, 12:32:11 PM
Acro - Is that a baby emu next to the owl? What company makes it?

It is the Schleich Ostrich chick, as CityRaptor said. I don't think its retired though.

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 12, 2016, 12:54:13 PM

The Phoenix has a rather derpy expresion from this angle.

Yah, its a beautiful figure, but can look derpy from some angles. ::)
I am the Dinosaur King!

Sinornis

Here are a few of my feathered dinosaurs, ancient birds and a couple extant species!
http://avianmusing.blogspot.com/

suchomimus

Anyone seen Safari's new feathered velociraptor yet? It's been a while since we had such a fluffy representation after countless of tries from various companies. I'm really looking forward to the review of this guy on the blog! O:-)

Skull ~2.8cm
Tail length ~11.5cm
Snout to tail ~21.5cm

It's really a sideview from here, so it's fine to think the head looks a bit 2D-ish. Also, the ruler is covering its belly a little so it is actually quite fluffy there.

The snout is somewhat reminiscent of the feathered rex's...gotta love those streaks of white though!

^Focus on the wings instead. It's really beautiful I'm crying :'(

tl;dr Good job Safari!

@Dr.Admin feel free to move this if it doesn't really belong here. There's just so many velociraptor models out there, I just find it weird to not see them appear in this thread.

Sinornis

No, I haven't seen Safari's new feathered velociraptor, but I like it!!  I wonder which living bird they borrowed the color scheme from, it looks too familiar. Anyway, I will certainly consider adding it to my collection. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: