News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Bird is the word!

Started by Stegoraptor Rex, May 28, 2013, 12:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegoraptor Rex

Its time to show some love for the only dinosaurs of the cenozoic, the birds! Which I dont think are turned into figures enough! >:(, and This for sharing pics of your prehistoric bird toys.

Birds in my collection include the following

Kelenken= CollectA

Raphus (dodo bird) = safari ltd

Raphus= Papo

Raphus= innovative kids

Archeopteryx= innovative kids

Archaeopteryx= tamiya

Phororhacos= x-plus

Sorry about the lack of pics! :'(

Stegoraptor Rex

Takama

Technecaully we have a theropod thread. And birds are theropods

the only paleobird I have is the kelekaan

Stegoraptor Rex

Oh I was we'll aware that birds are theropods I just thought it would be nice to have a thread devoted to them, sorry  :'(

Gwangi

Theropods make up such a large group that having a separate reference thread for birds seems sensible to me. It would be a PITA for someone wanting to find bird figures to have to wade through all those non-avians. That said there aren't a lot of extinct bird figures out there so I don't think this thread will get much activity.

Stegoraptor Rex

I guess that's true gwangi, sorry

Gwangi

Quote from: Stegoraptor Rex on May 29, 2013, 12:30:57 PM
I guess that's true gwangi, sorry

No, you're misunderstanding me. I think this thread is a good idea but given the lack of extinct bird figures I wouldn't expect to see a lot of posts here. I myself only have two extinct bird figures. Both by Kaiyodo.

Patrx

Hmm, let's see -

I've got the Kaiyodo Archaeopteryx,

The Kaiyodo "Kitadaniryu", which appears to be designed as a velociraptorid,

The Carnegie Microraptor,

The Kinto/Favorite Deinonychus,

The Kabaya Deinonychus,

And Aaron Doyle's Velociraptor, inexpertly painted by myself. I also have a few fossil replicas that I didn't include here.

tyrantqueen

Errr...I thought velociraptors and deinonychus were dinosaurs? I thought this was for extant bird models.

Stegoraptor Rex

No it's for prehistoric/extinct bird species

Stegoraptor Rex

But all members of maniraptoria are welcome on this thread

Patrx

I figured any thread that included Archaeopteryx ought to include the rest of the deinonychosaurs as well :)

Stegoraptor Rex

amargasaurus cazaui

Aha now we are talking, Maniraptors for sure. Have to love the oviraptors, citipatti, and gigantaraptors.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Gwangi

I really love that Kabaya Deinonychus, I need to get one of those.

Stegoraptor Rex

My maniraptoria toys (sorry no pictures, I'm not good with computers, but if someone could explain to me how to insert photos I'd greatly appreciate it)

Schleich= velociraptor (original green version)

Papo= dodo bird, oviraptor, velociraptor (Jurassic park 3 variant)

CollectA= Kelenken

Safari ltd= dodo, velociraptor (Dinos Toob), velociraptor (Carnivorous Dinos toob), velociraptor ( Feathered Dinos toob), microraptor (feathered Dinos toob), sinornithosaurus (Feathered Dinos toob), beipiaosaurus (feathered Dinos toob), caudipteryx (feathered Dinos toob)

Innovative kids= dodo, archeopteryx

X-plus= phororhacos

Lego= velociraptor ( Lego Dino, the green variant)

Tamiya= velociraptor x3, oviraptor, archaeopteryx

Bokisaurus

I procrastinated long enough that you beat me to it :))
Anyway, here are some of the prehistoric big birds in my collection, enjoy ;D

Cheers! ;D

Oh yes, forgot this guy :P

Jetoar

My collection are:

Collecta: Kelenken, Velociraptor (Big and Small Version), Utharaptor.

Schleich: Velociraptor (Green and New model), Eagle Owl, Snowy Owl, Griffon Vulture.

Papo: Puffin, Dodo, Velociraptor (old version).

Bullyland: Velociraptor (New version).

Deadly 60: Bald Eagle.

Mcdonalds: Cuckoo, Bluetit.

Surprise eggs: Toucan, Puffin, White Pelican, Fisher Owl, Snowy Owl, Dyatrima (Gastornis).

Playmobil: Falcon, Crow, Flamingo, White Pelican, Penguin, Griffon Vulture, Red Macaw, Blue Macaw, Bald Eagle, Peacock.

Kelloggs: Harpy Eagle, Red Macaw, Toucan, White Cockatoo.

Kaiyodo: Adelia Penguin.

I will share images of them  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Stegoraptor Rex

Quote from: Bokisaurus on June 05, 2013, 07:03:45 AM
I procrastinated long enough that you beat me to it :))
Anyway, here are some of the prehistoric big birds in my collection, enjoy ;D

Cheers! ;D

Oh yes, forgot this guy :P

Question bokiasaurus what figure is the black gastornis with the pink under its eye in photos 1 through 2

postsaurischian

Chirostenotes                           Guanlong           Velociraptor       Microraptor      Archaeopteryx      Anchiornis

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: