News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2014 Hopes & Dreams

Started by Concavenator, June 30, 2013, 05:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which dinosaurs do you think  Papo will release in 2014?

Apatosaurus
10 (16.7%)
Giganotosaurus
18 (30%)
Therizinosaurus
7 (11.7%)
Ceratosaurus
7 (11.7%)
Dilophosaurus
13 (21.7%)
A surprise(specify in comments)
5 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Libraraptor

A feathered Therizinosaurus by Papo would be too good to be true!

David Phantomhive

Concavenator

A guy put a publication on Safari's official Facebook page regarding the release date for the preview of the 2014 dinosaurs and Safari Ltd.answered:
Safari Ltd. We'll be announcing our 2014 releases early in the fall, Nick. Not much longer to wait!
So maybe we'll see the new Safari Ltd.figures next month! :)
That's pretty exciting! ;D
Usually in the ws batch there's something unguessable.I also hope we'll see moar than 1 Carnegie  ;)

tyrantqueen

I wonder what Carnegie's 2014 dinosaur is going to be >:D When does Carnegie usually reveal their new toys?

amargasaurus cazaui

I kept asking myself if there were to be a new sauropod released the coming year, what would I ask for?  I myself would like to see a company, preferrably Carnegie cut lose with a nice sized sculpt of Barosaurus. To my thinking the only sculpt of it out there is the massively expensive model kit, based on the new york mount  which I saw sell recently for a thousand dollars.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

tyrantqueen

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 05, 2013, 01:43:26 AM
I kept asking myself if there were to be a new sauropod released the coming year, what would I ask for?  I myself would like to see a company, preferrably Carnegie cut lose with a nice sized sculpt of Barosaurus. To my thinking the only sculpt of it out there is the massively expensive model kit, based on the new york mount  which I saw sell recently for a thousand dollars.
Well, there was the Kaiyodo Barosaurus (which was probably the one you saw that was for sale for $1000) and there is also the Geene models Baro, which is also very nice. It's been discontinued now, so it's hard to find :/ Not to mention it's by Galileo, and ordering from him can be difficult.

There's also this one by Pangaea Designs, but I don't think it's for sale:

And I agree, a Barosaurus would be a nice sauropod to have.

David Phantomhive

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 05, 2013, 02:01:14 AM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 05, 2013, 01:43:26 AM
Well, there was the Kaiyodo Barosaurus (which was probably the one you saw that was for sale for $1000) and there is also the Geene models Baro, which is also very nice. It's been discontinued now, so it's hard to find :/ Not to mention it's by Galileo, and ordering from him can be difficult.

There's also this one by Pangaea Designs, but I don't think it's for sale:

And I agree, a Barosaurus would be a nice sauropod to have.

Oooooooh...  Ahhhhhhhhh...  That is really awesome!   ;D

Concavenator

*orthocone*
Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 05, 2013, 01:32:34 AM
I wonder what Carnegie's 2014 dinosaur is going to be >:D When does Carnegie usually reveal their new toys?
I guess when they'll also announce their WS dinos...but last year we discovered the Concavenator a while before the entire announcement.And in 2011 we knew about the Brachiosaurus before the WS dinos...
Hope this year we'll also discover a Carnegie before!  :)

tyrantqueen

For the love of dirt....Carnegie, please release an Apatosaurus for 2014. Having "Bronty" in Forest Rogers' current sculpting style would be awesome.

If the rumours of an Archeopteryx toy are true, then this is going to be the second year in a row that I skip over Carnegie's offering :(

Concavenator

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 06, 2013, 01:52:49 AM
For the love of dirt....Carnegie, please release an Apatosaurus for 2014. Having "Bronty" in Forest Rogers' current sculpting style would be awesome.

If the rumours of an Archeopteryx toy are true, then this is going to be the second year in a row that I skip over Carnegie's offering :(
I wouldn't mind a Carnegie Archaeopteryx,though,weren't this year going to appear some resculpts of existing models for the 25th anniversary?I would love having a Carnegie  Apatosaurus.

And the rumours for an Archaeopteryx are for the Wild Safari line,I believe.I hope the 2014 lineup will be as mighty or even better than 2012's

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Juan Andrés on August 06, 2013, 07:05:14 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 06, 2013, 01:52:49 AM

I wouldn't mind a Carnegie Archaeopteryx,though,weren't this year going to appear some resculpts of existing models for the 25th anniversary?I would love having a Carnegie  Apatosaurus.

And the rumours for an Archaeopteryx are for the Wild Safari line,I believe.I hope the 2014 lineup will be as mighty or even better than 2012's

This is pretty close to my understanding as well.  I'd also like to see an Archaeopteryx figure in WS line..maybe about the same size as the past pterosaurs.  I've considered adding an adult to my Park..maybe if these are the right size they'd make smaller juvenile animals ?

Concavenator

I was seeing the topic 2013 Hopes & Dreams and I have discovered:
Someone said:
'Are the additions planned for the 25th anniversary you mention (not including the Concavenator) new sculpts of others already in the line or just repainted versions of older models?'
And someone answered:
'Well Concavenator is the only one for 2013 as of now but the other new sculpts are planned for 2014.'
Another fact:
He also said (the one who answered )that they were going to be new sculpts but that he couldn't say it.
Then,it should appear more than a Carnegie next year,right?And re-sculpts
He also says :
...but the other new sculptS are planned for 2014.'So based on that,it should appear more than one resculpt in the Carnegie series next year.
And Safari Ltd.said they were going to announce their new dinosaurs early in the fall! I can't wait! lol  ;D

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Juan Andrés on August 06, 2013, 09:17:35 AM
Someone said:
'Are the additions planned for the 25th anniversary you mention (not including the Concavenator) new sculpts of others already in the line or just repainted versions of older models?'
And someone answered:
'Well Concavenator is the only one for 2013 as of now but the other new sculpts are planned for 2014.'
Another fact:
He also said (the one who answered )that they were going to be new sculpts but that he couldn't say it.
He also says :
...but the other new sculptS are planned for 2014.'So based on that,it should appear more than one resculpt in the Carnegie series next year.
And Safari Ltd.said they were going to announce their new dinosaurs early in the fall! I can't wait! lol  ;D

Who said that? Evidence please.

Concavenator

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 06, 2013, 12:38:23 PM
Someone said:
And someone answered:
Another fact:
He also says :

John was who asked the question,and Mightyjptrex was who answered.The sentences I've posted were said in the topic '2013 Hopes & Dreams'page 6

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Juan Andrés on August 06, 2013, 12:54:10 PM
Someone said:
And someone answered:
Another fact:
He also says :

John was who asked the question,and Mightyjptrex was who answered.The sentences I've posted were said in the topic '2013 Hopes & Dreams'page 6
Unless he works for Carnegie or asked Carnegie directly, it doesn't mean anything.

Concavenator

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 06, 2013, 01:00:58 PM
Someone said:
And someone answered:
Another fact:
He also says :

Unless he works for Carnegie or asked Carnegie directly, it doesn't mean anything.
Mightyjptrex also said:
Ive been well I was in South Dakota for 2 months on a dig with my former boss. That was a blast found alot, but Im still the same still working at the Carnegie but may move out to South Dakota soon for a job offer haha.
He says:...still working at the Carnegie...,so I think it might be real.

Concavenator

Anyone that knows something about the upcoming figures,could he/she tell us if any person's expectations/dreams will be true next year?
Last year some person guessed the Carnegie Concavenator (that was easy :P ),the Papo Carnotaurus,the Papo Dimetrodon,the Wild Safari Dimorphodon,the Wild Safari Elasmosaurus,the CollectA Diabloceratops and the CollectA Pachycephalosaurus.Will any of us get our dream/expectation?

John

Quote from: Juan Andrés on August 06, 2013, 01:09:49 PM
Someone said:
And someone answered:
Another fact:
He also says :

Mightyjptrex also said:
Ive been well I was in South Dakota for 2 months on a dig with my former boss. That was a blast found alot, but Im still the same still working at the Carnegie but may move out to South Dakota soon for a job offer haha.
He actually did work at the Carnegie Museum and would see things earlier.But he wasn't allowed to say specifics... :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Concavenator

Quote from: John on August 06, 2013, 09:45:34 PM
Someone said:
And someone answered:
Another fact:
He also says :

Mightyjptrex also said:
He actually did work at the Carnegie Museum and would see things earlier.But he wasn't allowed to say specifics... :)
Well,but at least we know some facts:(based on that he works for the Carnegie  museum,and thise people know about upcoming Safari Ltd.figures)
-It will be more than 1 Carnegie( yippee  :)) !)
-It will be more than 1 resculpt.

I hope this to be true!  :D

Btw,is Safari going to announce their new dinos next month?

John

Quote from: Juan Andrés on August 06, 2013, 10:14:31 PM
Quote from: John on August 06, 2013, 09:45:34 PM
Someone said:
And someone answered:
Another fact:
He also says :

Mightyjptrex also said:
Well,but at least we know some facts:(based on that he works for the Carnegie  museum,and thise people know about upcoming Safari Ltd.figures)
-It will be more than 1 Carnegie( yippee  :)) !)
-It will be more than 1 resculpt.

I hope this to be true!  :D

Btw,is Safari going to announce their new dinos next month?
I don't know when they will announce them,but in the past,I usually saw the official anouncements for the following year's releases sometime between November and Christmas.But they did say early fall this time though. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: