News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2014 Hopes & Dreams

Started by Concavenator, June 30, 2013, 05:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which dinosaurs do you think  Papo will release in 2014?

Apatosaurus
10 (16.7%)
Giganotosaurus
18 (30%)
Therizinosaurus
7 (11.7%)
Ceratosaurus
7 (11.7%)
Dilophosaurus
13 (21.7%)
A surprise(specify in comments)
5 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 60

dinohunter24

Win the lottery so I can buy more dinosaurs!  These dinosaurs ain't cheap, do they ever go on sale, like say black Friday, July 4th or other holiday?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: John on August 31, 2013, 10:40:24 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 31, 2013, 08:18:14 PM
Quote from: John on August 31, 2013, 07:33:55 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 31, 2013, 05:31:12 PM
I think you should have stopped at the first two..remember " definite sales " and " wide appeal " .
I don't think one is going to be Triceratops (I could be wrong,but the only dinosaur I can see potentially getting a second remake is Tyrannosaurus) :)
Also,Parasaurolophus or Pteranodon can have pretty wide appeal too. ;D

Those were the original anniversary picks..and most kids want the two to pair up and fight so I can see them going the route of another new Rex and Trike. Honestly with all the hints dropped this is my best guess as to what we'll see...if we even get two figures in the line.
The 10th anniversary Tyrannosaurus was released alongside a Psittacosaurus in 1999 and the new Triceratops didn't come out until the next year alongside the Tanystropheus. :)
But still,it wouldn't be a bad thing if it turned out that the new Carnegie models were exactly what you predicted.I would imagine the Carnegie Museum could really do them justice.  ;D

Since they've just dropped to one figure a year I could see a new Rex next year and a new Trike the year after for Carnegie. It would be cool to see if they could improve on the last ones.

John

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 01, 2013, 04:59:35 AM
Quote from: John on August 31, 2013, 10:40:24 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 31, 2013, 08:18:14 PM
Quote from: John on August 31, 2013, 07:33:55 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 31, 2013, 05:31:12 PM
I think you should have stopped at the first two..remember " definite sales " and " wide appeal " .
I don't think one is going to be Triceratops (I could be wrong,but the only dinosaur I can see potentially getting a second remake is Tyrannosaurus) :)
Also,Parasaurolophus or Pteranodon can have pretty wide appeal too. ;D

Those were the original anniversary picks..and most kids want the two to pair up and fight so I can see them going the route of another new Rex and Trike. Honestly with all the hints dropped this is my best guess as to what we'll see...if we even get two figures in the line.
The 10th anniversary Tyrannosaurus was released alongside a Psittacosaurus in 1999 and the new Triceratops didn't come out until the next year alongside the Tanystropheus. :)
But still,it wouldn't be a bad thing if it turned out that the new Carnegie models were exactly what you predicted.I would imagine the Carnegie Museum could really do them justice.  ;D

Since they've just dropped to one figure a year I could see a new Rex next year and a new Trike the year after for Carnegie. It would be cool to see if they could improve on the last ones.
That could be a possibility. :)
But here's something you may like though,there will be two new Carnegie models next year,rather than just one. ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Blade-of-the-Moon

If they do produce two I'll stick with Rex and Trike I suppose..lol

John

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 01, 2013, 05:52:26 AM
If they do produce two I'll stick with Rex and Trike I suppose..lol
Now the Wild Safari line is much more difficult to predict...they could be anything really. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Concavenator

Now,it's September...I guess we'll see the new Carnegies and Safaris this month,right?

Zhuchengotyrant

I hope so!  I'm holding my breath.... :-X
-Zhuchengotyrant

Blade-of-the-Moon

Everything_Dinosaur

Update on Safari Ltd, this company intends to add a number of prehistoric animal models in 2014, pictures are still under an embargo so we at Everything Dinosaur can't show them yet, but we have seen three new additions to the Wild Safari Dinos & Prehistoric Life series, firstly there is an excellent Pachyrhinosaurus coloured tan/light brown with excellent details.  In addition, at least two Theropods are coming out in 2014, there will an updated and much improved Suchomimus model, beautifully painted, in a typical fishing pose, slightly reminiscent of the Carnegie Baryonyx but in this new Suchomimus, the head will not be raised up.  The Suchomimus models we have seen were largely painted a deep blue and resemble typical Spinosaurid posture.  The other new model for 2014 that we know about is Monolophosaurus.  The tail is not quite as long as the Dilophosaurus in the Wild Safari Dinos range, it is well proportioned and the crest on the top of the snout is a muted red colour.  Lots of detail to admire on this model also.  More details will be available soon.

Everything_Dinosaur

Safari Ltd will introduce a Suchomimus in their 2014 model series (Wild Safari Dinos), team members at Everything Dinosaur met with Safari  Ltd staff and we viewed three new models, Suchomimus, Monolophosaurus and a Pachyrhinosaurus - hope this information helps, we will have pictures soon as embargo is lifted.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on September 01, 2013, 04:58:45 PM
Safari Ltd will introduce a Suchomimus in their 2014 model series (Wild Safari Dinos), team members at Everything Dinosaur met with Safari  Ltd staff and we viewed three new models, Suchomimus, Monolophosaurus and a Pachyrhinosaurus - hope this information helps, we will have pictures soon as embargo is lifted.
Sounds interesting. Can you tell us whether they are using the same sculptor as their previous models?

I don't have high hopes for the theropods, but maybe the Pachy will be good...maybe.

Takama

OMG a Monolophosaurus.  THANK YOU SAFARI :)

That's one of the models I requested to them. Yay

Concavenator

For the love of God,a new Suchomimus!!!  :o :o  :D
I suggested it em two months ago and wow!
The monolophosaurus also sounds really exciting,it's a cool dinosaur to me  :)
And the Pachyrhinosaurus are also awesome news.I did have my doubts if Safariwanted to continue that trend.Happy they decided so!I can imagine a kid saying to its dad:"Look the dinosaur from wwd 3D.Can I get it dad?"lol  ;D
Curiously I predicted the new Suchomimus in the first post.Suchomimus is a dream for me. :)

Hermes888

BEST DAY
When is the embargo lifted? Can you provide an estimate?

Looks like they're cashing into Walking With Dinosaurs: The 3D Movie with the Pachyrhinosaurus figure, I hope it looks good.
I'm especially excited for the Suchomimus figure, I've always liked spinosaurs.

Everything_Dinosaur

If you think about the Wild Safari Dinos introductions over the last couple of years or so, in 2012 Safari Ltd added a Vagaceratops, this year it was Diabloceratops, there has been a trend with Safari Ltd to add a new Ceratopsian to the Wild Safari Dinos range.  It is a great model, the figure represents P. canadensis, and it is a coincidence that the CGI movie coming out in December also features this Pachyrhinosaurus species.  All the models that we have seen are really good, check out Everything Dinosaur's blog, facebook page as more information and pics will be up shortly.  However, the official line from Safari Ltd is that we cannot release pics just yet.

crankydinosaur

do you know if we are getting anything of the non dinosaur variety........

Splonkadumpocus

Suchomimus: Will definitely get one if it's a sufficient improvement over their previous attempt. Which it probably will be, considering the old one's low quality.

Monolophosaurus: Don't have one yet, so this is definitely a must-get for me. I have a lot of Jurassic Chinese theropods already though.

Pachyrhinosaurus: I'll probably stick with the Papo version for now.

EmperorDinobot

SpartanSquat

Safari is still making good choices and models. Suchomimus was screaming for a remake, because the last one is a a thing that I dont to touch with a stick. Monolophosaurus, an big choice, because is still unknow and I only saw in collecta, he needs to appear. Pachyrhinosaurus, its my idea or they selected for Walking with Dinosaurs 3D movie. I imagine this: After watching walking with dinosaurs many kids will said this:...mommy please buy me that amazing dinosaur that I saw in that movie, its like triceratops but it not triceratops!
Well its a good choice, but we need to see him if its good like Papo version

Hermes888

I'll need to see pictures before coming to any conclusions.
Any news on when the embargo is lifted?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: