News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2014 Hopes & Dreams

Started by Concavenator, June 30, 2013, 05:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which dinosaurs do you think  Papo will release in 2014?

Apatosaurus
10 (16.7%)
Giganotosaurus
18 (30%)
Therizinosaurus
7 (11.7%)
Ceratosaurus
7 (11.7%)
Dilophosaurus
13 (21.7%)
A surprise(specify in comments)
5 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Concavenator

Does someone know when will we see the new Carnegie dinosaurs??
I'm so excited  ::)  :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Since we saw the WS ones already I would guess...soon.

Roselaar

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 08, 2013, 06:16:45 PM

So it's confirmed there will be any Carnegisaurs then? Considering the output of the line in recent years, I was worried about that.

Also hoping for a nice new toob or two.

Concavenator

Quote from: Roselaar on September 08, 2013, 06:18:39 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 08, 2013, 06:16:45 PM

So it's confirmed there will be any Carnegisaurs then? Considering the output of the line in recent years, I was worried about that.

Also hoping for a nice new toob or two.
Yes,Safari confirmed there will a Carnegie dinosaur/dinosaurs

Patrx

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 08, 2013, 10:46:49 AM
I always ask when this topic is raised, if we could perhaps have a few more of the basal ceratopsians that are not as derived as the more commonly produced dinosaurs. A pegomastax, or Yinlong, a new psittacosaurus, or perhaps a good solid depiction of Koreaceratops or Gryphoceratops.....anything along those lines would be rare, unique and I for one would enjoy them.

I heartily second this suggestion! Heck, even Protoceratops hasn't really been seen in toy form lately.

Gwangi

Quote from: Patrx on September 08, 2013, 06:26:48 PM
I always ask when this topic is raised, if we could perhaps have a few more of the basal ceratopsians that are not as derived as the more commonly produced dinosaurs. A pegomastax, or Yinlong, a new psittacosaurus, or perhaps a good solid depiction of Koreaceratops or Gryphoceratops.....anything along those lines would be rare, unique and I for one would enjoy them.

I heartily second this suggestion! Heck, even Protoceratops hasn't really been seen in toy form lately.

I also share this sentiment but along with the basel ceratopsians are a whole lot of other (mostly small) dinosaurs that are poorly represented.

crankydinosaur

You know what is under represented...... MAMMALS!

Concavenator

Nobody has produced a troodontid ir an alvarezsaurid yet.

tyrantqueen

Gwangi

Quote from: crankydinosaur on September 08, 2013, 08:45:16 PM
You know what is under represented...... MAMMALS!

You know what is even more under represented than mammals? Anything that lived before the Mesozoic.

And yes, we do need some alvarezsaurids and though there are a few, more troodontids would be welcome as well as ornithomimids, basal ornithopods and Triassic dinosaurs in general.

Patrx

Quote from: Gwangi on September 08, 2013, 07:40:48 PM

I also share this sentiment but along with the basel ceratopsians are a whole lot of other (mostly small) dinosaurs that are poorly represented.

Very true! Heterodontosaurs, Compsognathus, Coelophysis, Eoraptor, and the aforementioned alvarezasaurs and troodontids are all dinosaurs that really ought to be seen more often in figure form. Perhaps companies are concerned that consumers will find the smaller animals uninteresting?

Gwangi

Quote from: Patrx on September 08, 2013, 09:54:23 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on September 08, 2013, 07:40:48 PM

Very true! Heterodontosaurs, Compsognathus, Coelophysis, Eoraptor, and the aforementioned alvarezasaurs and troodontids are all dinosaurs that really ought to be seen more often in figure form. Perhaps companies are concerned that consumers will find the smaller animals uninteresting?

Maybe, but it really makes no sense since all the toys are about the same size anyway. I would really like a well made Herrarasaurus and Coelophysis. Other members of Dinosauromorpha like Lagosuchus would be nice too but that is probably asking too much.

Takama

CollectA made A Herarasaurus

And Geoworld made a Ceolophysus

With Compsugnathus

Gwangi

Yeah, I know about all those, but I said I wanted a well made Herrarasaurus and Coelophysis. I don't like that Herrarasaurus at all, the Ceolophysis is okay but I really something of a higher quality by Carnegie or Safari or something.

amargasaurus cazaui

I really liked the Herrerasaurus done by Manuel for Shapeways, but I guess that is more a model than a regular toy.Guess that is why it serves as my avatar for the present. One thought about Compsognathus, the dinostoreUS desktop model is a gorgeous model, but again a model and not a toy by any means. Expensive, shipping is high and the thing is life sized .
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Jetoar

Geoworld models are not bad models, but this figures are two of the best of this brand from my point of view  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Patrx

Yeah, I'm afraid those are quite atrocious. Kaiyodo did a good Coelophysis for their Dinotales gashapon line, but it's tough to find and annoyingly expensive for its size.

Gwangi

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 09, 2013, 11:02:26 AM
I really liked the Herrerasaurus done by Manuel for Shapeways, but I guess that is more a model than a regular toy.Guess that is why it serves as my avatar for the present. One thought about Compsognathus, the dinostoreUS desktop model is a gorgeous model, but again a model and not a toy by any means. Expensive, shipping is high and the thing is life sized .

I have seen that Compsognathus and covet it greatly. Someday perhaps. That fact that it is life sized makes it that much better.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Jetoar on September 09, 2013, 11:27:56 AM
Geoworld models are not bad models, but this figures are two of the best of this brand from my point of view  ^-^.
No offense, but they are bad. Maybe not in the same league as that ugly Schleich Carnotaurus, but nothing to write home about. They have garish colours, static posture and broken forearms.

If we don't give honest feedback about figures we don't like, and just say everything is "good" or "not bad", then how will the companies improve their models? I believe that we should encourage and praise the models that get it right. These don't.

Jetoar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 09, 2013, 06:29:05 PM
Quote from: Jetoar on September 09, 2013, 11:27:56 AM
No offense, but they are bad. Maybe not in the same league as that ugly Schleich Carnotaurus, but nothing to write home about. They have garish colours, static posture and broken forearms.

If we don't give honest feedback about figures we don't like, and just say everything is "good" or "not bad", then how will the companies improve their models? I believe that we should encourage and praise the models that get it right. These don't.

Their models dont have the quality of other brands like as Papo or Safari, but I think that all brands have their beggins and I think that this brand will do better figures in the future. I remember that the firts models of Safari and Schleich and they didnt have the same quality of now. Brands are evolving nowadays  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: