You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

My dinosaur collection from the Netherlands

Started by The missing Link, July 11, 2013, 07:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

docronnie

At least your dinos are out on the open.  Mine are all in storage.  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Paleogene Pals

Very nice collection ML!  However, one of your pictures cracked me up. The top of the package says "Dinosaurs, 6 Assorted" except they abbreviated 'assorted'. It says "Dinosaurs, 6 Ass." which is still technically true. Sorry, my humor never evolved much beyond 'Beavis and Butthead.'

The missing Link

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on October 06, 2014, 01:18:07 PM
Very nice collection ML!  However, one of your pictures cracked me up. The top of the package says "Dinosaurs, 6 Assorted" except they abbreviated 'assorted'. It says "Dinosaurs, 6 Ass." which is still technically true. Sorry, my humor never evolved much beyond 'Beavis and Butthead.'

Haha. I think it's funny  ^-^. And thanks for your reaction.
What've they got in there, King Kong?

The missing Link

I've posted a video update of my collection a few months ago.
For everybody who's interested, you can watch it over here   8):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trxIDfYd1h8

Roselaar

The missing Link

Quote from: Roselaar on January 31, 2015, 04:44:55 PM
Good vid! Collection looks awesome. :)

Thanks a lot. I'm going to buy some more Schleich dinosaurs this week (Ovirapotor, Anhanguera (very cool), Carnotaurus and maybe the Brachiosaurus). I'm also looking forwart to the new Jurassic World toyline.

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Arul

The missing Link

reinier zwanink

So i am not the only dutch guy here
Good
Sadly there are no dutch clubs or so that i have found
My collection (gorinchem) is not that big but that is due to my selective nature
I got 3 sideshows here and some papos and the sorts.
He have you seen the museum in boxtel?
Its a nice one

The missing Link

Quote from: reinier zwanink on February 06, 2015, 09:05:19 PM
So i am not the only dutch guy here
Good
Sadly there are no dutch clubs or so that i have found
My collection (gorinchem) is not that big but that is due to my selective nature
I got 3 sideshows here and some papos and the sorts.
He have you seen the museum in boxtel?
Its a nice one

Hej Reinier. Thanks for the reaction. I didn't find a dutch club too, maybe we can found one ;) How big a collection is isn't important i think, it's the way yoy feel about it. Every collection is dfferent in it's own way. Wich museum in Boxtel do you mean?

Greetings

reinier zwanink

This one
http://www.oertijdmuseum.nl/

my son loves this
Funny guy
One of the persons there didnt know how some dinos where named and this guy (he is 3) was giving him a lesson
You just had to see that
His jaw dropped on the floor

Roselaar

I've noticed there's plenty of Dutch people interested in dinosaur(toy)s. Probably has something to do with the fact there are no actual dinosaur remains to be found in the Netherlands. A bunch of us at JPtoys get together every once in a while, usually if there's something dinosaur related going on. We might try something similar here.

I can highly recommend the Oertijdmuseum, it's lovely. Plenty of cool models and replicas to be seen. The shop is also fabulous, though maybe a little less so now that I've plundered it of all the remaining PV Amphibians. Somehow though, they always manage to feature some oddity for sale you'll never find in regular stores these days. :)

The missing Link

Quote from: Roselaar on February 06, 2015, 11:26:19 PM
I've noticed there's plenty of Dutch people interested in dinosaur(toy)s. Probably has something to do with the fact there are no actual dinosaur remains to be found in the Netherlands. A bunch of us at JPtoys get together every once in a while, usually if there's something dinosaur related going on. We might try something similar here.

I can highly recommend the Oertijdmuseum, it's lovely. Plenty of cool models and replicas to be seen. The shop is also fabulous, though maybe a little less so now that I've plundered it of all the remaining PV Amphibians. Somehow though, they always manage to feature some oddity for sale you'll never find in regular stores these days. :)

Goot point. Over here we have 'to do it' with, for example,  Mosasaurus remains. I live near the maas (mosa) in the south of the Netherlands (Limburg). I've seen some real Mosasaur remainings been discovered when i was a kid in the nineties. That was pretty awesome. Some of the remainings were shown in a local museum. I felt really proud of that big creature of the past living near my hometown.  Maybe we 'Dutch dinosaur toy collectors' should unite a little bit more in the future?

Edit: The discovered Mosasaur  turned out the be a Prognathodon (after a search in some articles i kept), close to a Mosasaur, but still cool as hel!!!  :)

reinier zwanink

QuoteMaybe we 'Dutch dinosaur toy collectors' should unite a little bit more in the future? 
Yes we have to do that
I think there are many more who think so
Perhaps a meeting in boxtel

Uroplatus

You should invite some Belgian enthousiasts to that meeting too, and it can be held more than once on several locations if you like.
The Brussels Museum of Natural History has a great collection containing the famous Iguanodon's off Bernissart, you can go see the Prognathodon discovered at the Sint-Pietersberg at the Museum in Maastricht and i believe you can still visit the quarry where it was found as well, and although not found in Holland, in 2016 you will be able to go and see a Tyrannosaurus at Naturalis.
Can't wait to meet that old lady. :)

reinier zwanink

I would really like that
Meeting fellow hobbyists and sharing ideas and collections

Roselaar

We could make it international, we did at JPtoys where Belgian and Dutch dinomaniacs visited the Brussels NHM together (and I spent like 200 euros at their store!). I don't think there's that many Belgian collectors on the DTf though. Plus, such a meeting would be much more difficult to arrange. Maybe we should start more local and expand beyond borders if it proves a success?

Uroplatus

Quote from: Roselaar on February 13, 2015, 09:35:36 PM
We could make it international, we did at JPtoys where Belgian and Dutch dinomaniacs visited the Brussels NHM together (and I spent like 200 euros at their store!). I don't think there's that many Belgian collectors on the DTf though. Plus, such a meeting would be much more difficult to arrange. Maybe we should start more local and expand beyond borders if it proves a success?

Count me in!  ;D

Everything_Dinosaur

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: