News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you both for the comments. I'm looking forward to your pics avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian.

Quote from: Bread on May 19, 2023, 05:40:49 PMI really have yet to decide which version to go with.

Your photos avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian really sway me to this one. I also appreciate the comparisons, seems a little to big to be 1:35, though?

You're right. It's a bit too big. I've only used that scale for the heading because it's the company's official describtion of the figure.
 Prehistoric Passions' model (7th picture) is in 1:35.

postsaurischian

:D

Dinosauria Creatures by Fernando Oviedo Fernández

•     1:20  Lystrosaurus     •

•    1:6  Archaeopteryx    •

ceratopsian

These are exciting acquisitions.  I've just looked at his other models and my goodness there is quite a list!  Are you planning to have them painted?

postsaurischian

Quote from: ceratopsian on May 28, 2023, 02:50:09 PMThese are exciting acquisitions.  I've just looked at his other models and my goodness there is quite a list!  Are you planning to have them painted?

Definitely! I haven't had contact with Marilyn & Martin for too long. I kind of miss them :) .

ceratopsian

I ordered the fighting Camarasaurus pair two or three days ago and it is already on its way to Marilyn. It was a pleasure to be in touch with her again.

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 01, 2023, 07:05:32 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on May 28, 2023, 02:50:09 PMThese are exciting acquisitions.  I've just looked at his other models and my goodness there is quite a list!  Are you planning to have them painted?

Definitely! I haven't had contact with Marilyn & Martin for too long. I kind of miss them :) .

postsaurischian

Quote from: ceratopsian on June 01, 2023, 07:10:07 PMI ordered the fighting Camarasaurus pair two or three days ago and it is already on its way to Marilyn. It was a pleasure to be in touch with her again.

She's such a lovely person :D !

(Can't wait to see the Camarasaurus pair result.)

KeU

Awesome photos as usual.
Glad to know there are still folks using Paint to do edits.
Especially for minor touchups, it can be very effective.

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you avatar_KeU @KeU!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^

~ •    HAOLONGGOOD  1:35  Apatosaurus    • ~

My HAOLONGGOOD collection so far. Since meanwhile I'm a fan, I'm sure it will keep on growing. With the
   exception of the Nasutoceratops I always chose the B colour variant. It's good they're always offering a second variant.
                          Dicraeosaurus       Tianzhenosaurus       Nasutoceratops       Ouranosaurus       Pentaceratops

compared to a few other sauropod figures / models:

W-Dragon Giraffatitan

MO Models Diplodocus

Wild Safari Apatosaurus

Carnegie Collection Apatosaurus

After 35 years she can finally retire in good conscience, now that she knows that there's a worthy successor

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 05, 2023, 08:03:54 PM

Great pictures! Man, Haolonggood has really been pumping out a fantastic assortment of figures this year - and the photo above really shows. And apparently theres a lot more to expect. Can't wait...

Remko

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 05, 2023, 08:03:54 PMMy HAOLONGGOOD collection so far. Since meanwhile I'm a fan, I'm sure it will keep on growing. With the exception of the Nasutoceratops I always chose the B colour variant. It's good they're always offering a second variant.

Funny, I have the exact same collection, and apart from the Dicraeosaurus, I have every other color variant.  ;D  ;D

Can you show us your set up for photographing figures? Because they really pop and it just shows the figures themself, without any distractions. Something I've been trying, but have not yet found out how to do. Do you use an infinity cove or something like that?

KeU

Awesome pictures of the Apatosaurus.
I can see different hues of blue in the paint.
I wonder if it is obvious on hand.
The HLG collection looks great displayed together.
So tempting.

ceratopsian

I seem always to be remarking on your outstanding skills as a photographer, avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian! But it's no more than the truth. You have captured all the subtle variation in the blue scheme, and the characterful expression in the two headshots that follow after the photo with the Dicraeosaurus. And dear old Carnegie to remind us of our hobby's history!  Two beautiful comparison studies.

Flaffy

Thanks avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian for the comparison pics. I think this has helped me make up my mind to go for the grey version. Displays very well with Safari's Apatosaurus, almost like it's a large bull, or an elderly individual of the herd.

Bread

Shoot... now I am going to have to pickup the Dicraeosaurus. That comparison image is just wonderful! Glad to see not only the Apatosaurus but the Haolonggood assortment ;D Wonderful photos as usual!

SidB

Excellent composition, avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian . The grey Apatosaurus really comes into its own as the unifying backdrop to the sweep of colors and textures of the other Haolonggood figures.

postsaurischian

:D  Thank you all for the comments!

Quote from: Remko on June 05, 2023, 10:10:33 PMFunny, I have the exact same collection, and apart from the Dicraeosaurus, I have every other color variant.  ;D  ;D

So you're an A-type! Warm regards from a B-type :) .

Quote from: Remko on June 05, 2023, 10:10:33 PMCan you show us your set up for photographing figures? Because they really pop and it just shows the figures themself, without any distractions. Something I've been trying, but have not yet found out how to do. Do you use an infinity cove or something like that?

I always disappoint when being asked that question. I'm not a professional and have no technical vocabulary available.
 Name of my camera: Sony DSC-HX100V. There's a little wheel on top, where you can choose different basic settings.
 I only use two of them. "M" for white backgrounds (I guess that's overexposure) and a "green camera symbol" for anything else.
 Everything is done by the camera. The only thing I do is zooming and having a "good eye", which means taking care of decent room layout
 The set up is simple: The camera, a table, a chair, laaarge cardboard sheets and an attic window, which allows natural sunlight to shine through from above.
 I should also mention that I'm working on brightness, contrast and colours during the image processing.
 White backgrounds: First I endark the whole pic afterwards to give the model substance and then I lighten only the bright areas to let the background shine.
 Possible disturbing shadows, stains or brightness disparities are being removed "by hand" (Windows Paint).

Quote from: KeU on June 05, 2023, 10:17:32 PM.......
I can see different hues of blue in the paint.
I wonder if it is obvious on hand.
Quote from: ceratopsian on June 05, 2023, 10:53:47 PMYou have captured all the subtle variation in the blue scheme, .......

It was a strange photo session. It was a blue light day, not a single cloud in the sky. Even the white of the background turned blue.
 CAVE: The blue colour of the Apatosaurus is not obvious on hand. It's a bluish grey that turned into a greyish blue in my pics.
 Probably because of the white background and the "blue light day". The colours you can see in my pics are definitely there, but not as obvious as it seems in some pics.

Quote from: Bread on June 06, 2023, 01:34:20 AMShoot... now I am going to have to pickup the Dicraeosaurus. That comparison image is just wonderful! .......

What! You don't have it already? :o  ;D
 To me this is the Dicraeosaurus to have, especially since it's in scale with PNSO's Lingwulong (last pics).

Remko

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 06, 2023, 06:20:08 PMSo you're an A-type! Warm regards from a B-type :) .

Well, for now, yes. I choose the green Dicraeosaurus because of the Mark Hallett painting. Seemed like the right color.
But I'm thinking about getting the other variants as well. Because I would really like the Apatosaurus to be repainted after Gregory Pauls' rearing against a tree painting. And the green Ouranosaurus looks beautiful as well.

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 06, 2023, 06:20:08 PMI always disappoint when being asked that question. I'm not a professional and have no technical vocabulary available.
 Name of my camera: Sony DSC-HX100V. There's a little wheel on top, where you can choose different basic settings.
 I only use two of them. "M" for white backgrounds (I guess that's overexposure) and a "green camera symbol" for anything else.
 Everything is done by the camera. The only thing I do is zooming and having a "good eye", which means taking care of decent room layout
 The set up is simple: The camera, a table, a chair, laaarge cardboard sheets and an attic window, which allows natural sunlight to shine through from above.
 I should also mention that I'm working on brightness, contrast and colours during the image processing.
 White backgrounds: First I endark the whole pic afterwards to give the model substance and then I lighten only the bright areas to let the background shine.
 Possible disturbing shadows, stains or brightness disparities are being removed "by hand" (Windows Paint).

Thanks!

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 06, 2023, 06:20:08 PMWhat! You don't have it already? :o  ;D
 To me this is the Dicraeosaurus to have, especially since it's in scale with PNSO's Lingwulong & Amargasaurus (last pic).

It's in scale with the Lingwulong, because that animal was quite large. But PNSO's Amargasaurus isn't 1:35th though. That's more in the 1:25th to max 1:30th scale.
Amargasaurus was pretty small for a sauropod, like al Dicraeosaurids it would have had a relatively short neck and very long tail, but size wise it would have been similar to a rhinoceros. You could probably pat it on the back if you were standing next to it.  ;)

postsaurischian

Quote from: Remko on June 06, 2023, 07:17:32 PM....... You could probably pat it (Amargasaurus) on the back if you were standing next to it.  ;)

:D  That would be sooo nice ..... with tiny little pterosaurs flying through my garden nearby ^-^ .

postsaurischian

^-^

PNSO • PREHISTORIC ANIMAL MODELS THAT ACCOMPANY YOUR GROWTH No.70
                                                                                   ~ •   Lythronax  • ~

v    amidst PNSO No.58 Zhuchengtyrannus and No.49 Nanotyrannus    v

v    hoping to snatch a morsel of Cearadactylus ..... but they're reacting too fast    v

Bread

A wonderful model and I feel as though it is underrated compared to the rest of PNSO's therapod releases. Glad I have it coming my way. Also, both of those diorama pieces work very nicely, well done!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: