News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amargasaurus cazaui

simple, elegant and well done, very nice.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Megalosaurus

The Koolasuchus is so kool.
Also the dimetrodon is fabulously painted.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

postsaurischian

:) Thanks for the comments!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:D  Australian Age of Dinosaurs  1:15  Australovenator wintonensis  bronze skeleton (sculpted by Nelson Maniscalco 2012)

This is the ultimate souvenir of my this year's Australia trip!
                      I bought the model at the Australian Age of Dinosaurs Museum in Winton. They have a nice shop there.
                      Although it was pretty expensive I have a good conscience, because most of the money is used as funds for
                      the palaeontologists' work there, since there is no government grant for this in Queensland. Much more of
                      Australovenator, Diamantinasaurus or Wintonotitan could have been revealed, if there was. Do you hear me, Mrs. Enoch?!

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

reinier zwanink

I have seen the documentary of the dino stampede with that guy.
was very interesting
nice model to but in bronze must have been a fortune
Than again
Not many have 1

DinoLord

What a beautiful and unique piece!

postsaurischian

:) Thanks for the comments!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:D   Wild Safari  Yutyrannus huali  (originally sculpted by Doug Watson)

>> compared to other interpretations from left to right: Shapeways (Aaron Doyle), Wild Safari, Kaiyodo, Takara TOMY A.R.T.S.

Dinomike

Lovely group shot Postsaurischian! I love the new safari one! Doug's my hero!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Shonisaurus

Fortunately photographs Yutyrannus Safari is a delicate and elegant figure. Other than truthful in its reconstruction.
Furthermore Who would have thought that reminds me of the famous book Dougal Dixon "The New Dinosaurs" is a lot like these fantastic replica figures.

joossa

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Doug Watson

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 28, 2015, 12:20:10 PM
compared to other interpretations from left to right: Shapeways (Aaron Doyle), Wild Safari, Kaiyodo, Takara TOMY A.R.T.S.

Beautiful shots as always. Two questions when did that Shapeways piece come out, is that new? Who painted it? I love the paint job especially the transition from the dark to the light colouring.

John

Quote from: joossa on February 28, 2015, 09:29:58 PM
Excellent pictures.

What triceratops model is the on this photo?
http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/saurischia/Theropods/REBORTrex004.jpg
That would be the Dinosaur Studio's 1/35 scale resin Triceratops horridus sculpted by Greg Wenzel. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

postsaurischian

Quote from: joossa on February 28, 2015, 09:29:58 PM
What triceratops model is the on this photo?
http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/saurischia/Theropods/REBORTrex004.jpg

John is right about the Triceratops. You can see it better in this post. Dan has it in stock.

Quote from: Doug Watson on February 28, 2015, 09:32:49 PM
Two questions when did that Shapeways piece come out, is that new? Who painted it? I love the paint job especially the transition from the dark to the light colouring.

Aaron released his Shapeways Yutyrannus in early 2013. It was the second model of this species ever made (shortly after the Takara TOMY figure).
It is painted here by our very talented member Noora Kivisilta, also known as copper.

Doug Watson

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 28, 2015, 10:37:56 PM
Aaron released his Shapeways Yutyrannus in early 2013. It was the second model of this species ever made (shortly after the Takara TOMY figure).
It is painted here by our very talented member Noora Kivisilta, also known as copper.

Wow! Except for the head we both came up with almost exactly the same pose right down to the leg positions and Copper does amazing work I have been on her(?) artwork thread before but I think this one is my favourite so far.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Doug Watson on March 01, 2015, 01:50:02 AM
....... Copper does amazing work I have been on her(?) artwork thread before but I think this one is my favourite so far.

She is one of my favourite Dino painters. I keep on sending her stuff :).

Well, here's another one of yours .......

:)  Wild Safari  Archaeopteryx  (originally sculpted by Doug Watson)    compared to Papo (left) and Bullyland (center)

triceratops83

What a nice little trio of Archaeopteryx. Has anyone done a bad figure of this animal? It might be blessed or something.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Doug Watson

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 03, 2015, 10:51:44 AM
Well, here's another one of yours .......
:) Wild Safari  Archaeopteryx  (originally sculpted by Doug Watson)    compared to Papo (left) and Bullyland (center)

I love the job you do lighting these, I miss the lights we had in photography class.

It's funny for some reason I thought the Papo one was bigger than mine. The second shot could be a chorus line or an Air Demo Team.

Shonisaurus

Postsaurischian those images that trio of Archaeopteryx are fabulous by the way I have the one I Bullyland but in blue are grateful, I know there is the green version and is prettier than the original.

Archaeopteryx Safari looks fantastic by far outperforms the other two versions of Papo and Bully in my view is the most realistic.

Tyto_Theropod

Safari is definitely my favourite. I majorly dislike Papo's snake-headed movie monster. :/
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Dinosaurana

Excellent collection Postsaurischan. Your photography is excellent, and is a helpful guide for figures. Can't wait to see more.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: