News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sideshow DINOSAURIA (with poll)

Started by postsaurischian, March 24, 2012, 11:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which are your 3 favourite Sideshow 'Dinosauria' models?

1. Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus diorama
4 (22.2%)
2. Apatosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
3. Brachiosaurus ornament
0 (0%)
4. Carnotaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
5. Ceratosaurus
1 (5.6%)
6. Deinosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus diorama
3 (16.7%)
7. Dilophosaurus maquette
0 (0%)
8. Euoplocephalus in Egg maquette
0 (0%)
9. Gastonia
3 (16.7%)
10. Mosasaur statue
3 (16.7%)
11. Protoceratops vs. Velociraptor diorama
0 (0%)
12. Spinosaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
13. Stegosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
14. Styracosaurus maquette
1 (5.6%)
15. Triceratops statue
2 (11.1%)
16. Tupuxuara maquette
2 (11.1%)
17. Tyrannosaurus rex maquette
5 (27.8%)
18. Tyrannosaurus rex vs. Triceratops diorama
1 (5.6%)
19. T-rex: 'The Tyrant King' statue
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Takama

Thanks to a special X_Mas Gift. I might be able to afford one of these for the first time ever.

However. My money is going for my favorite dinosaur, the Dilophosaurus. but if its sold out by the time I get the funds. I might go for one of these.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on February 03, 2014, 02:31:57 AM
Thanks to a special X_Mas Gift. I might be able to afford one of these for the first time ever.

However. My money is going for my favorite dinosaur, the Dilophosaurus. but if its sold out by the time I get the funds. I might go for one of these.

Looks to still be instock so you should be fine.  Just get it before then because that's then the prices go up. ;)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 03, 2014, 02:05:57 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 03, 2014, 02:02:42 AM
The spinosaurus looks like something that Steve Riojas would have painted :)

Hit the nail on the head..it was painted by Steve. I believe he painted all the other pieces as well...for the prototypes/paint masters.

Then they are copied by artists in China.
Heh, cool ;). But I also meant to say that it looks very typically "Rioja-ian" (that's probably not a real word...) with its speckled/mottled pattern, and pale colours (particularly orange and white). In other words, it's a very typical representation of his work.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 03, 2014, 07:11:47 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 03, 2014, 02:05:57 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 03, 2014, 02:02:42 AM
The spinosaurus looks like something that Steve Riojas would have painted :)

Hit the nail on the head..it was painted by Steve. I believe he painted all the other pieces as well...for the prototypes/paint masters.

Then they are copied by artists in China.
Heh, cool ;). But I also meant to say that it looks very typically "Rioja-ian" (that's probably not a real word...) with its speckled/mottled pattern, and pale colours (particularly orange and white). In other words, it's a very typical representation of his work.

Ah hah. I get you.  That it is. I thought the same thing when I first saw it. 

I really hope it does come out looking this good or their abouts in the production piece.  It's a repaint so I'm in no real hurry to get it. Though I suppose I could order one and send it back for a refund if it was that poor.   I honestly could send my current one out to be painted but I think the shipping cost and price of that would be more than a new piece in the end.

SpartanSquat

Dude the repaints are awesome! I preffer the new spinosaurus painting.
BTW the tylosaurus colour pattern remids me to a monitor lizard

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: RolandEden on February 03, 2014, 09:32:23 PM
Dude the repaints are awesome! I preffer the new spinosaurus painting.
BTW the tylosaurus colour pattern remids me to a monitor lizard

I agree...and I think it was intentional.

I based my Foulkes Tylosaurus on a Dumeril's Monitor if I recall :

tyrantqueen

Blade-of-the-Moon

When it comes to hand painting he's VERY talented.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 03, 2014, 02:03:44 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 03, 2014, 12:41:26 AM
Pretty :) I would definitely also consider getting the Spino and Styraco, since I never had the chance first time around. What scale are they supposed to be?

The scale varies..I would guess..1:20 for the Spino and 1:15 for the Styrac ?

:( I always don't like it when they make a new edition of something they sold as limited edition.

The Styracosaurus is in 1:12. The Spino I don't know (I don't have it), but I also guess it's in 1:20 :-\.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 04, 2014, 06:13:37 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 03, 2014, 02:03:44 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 03, 2014, 12:41:26 AM
Pretty :) I would definitely also consider getting the Spino and Styraco, since I never had the chance first time around. What scale are they supposed to be?

The scale varies..I would guess..1:20 for the Spino and 1:15 for the Styrac ?

:( I always don't like it when they make a new edition of something they sold as limited edition.

The Styracosaurus is in 1:12. The Spino I don't know (I don't have it), but I also guess it's in 1:20 :-\.
May I ask why not? You don't have to buy it if you don't want to :) Besides, it gives those of us who weren't around when the first ones were released a chance (besides having to go to eBay and pay those crazy prices...)

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

When will the Spino and Styracosaurus be available?
I want...
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on February 04, 2014, 04:36:10 PM
When will the Spino and Styracosaurus be available?
I want...

Not sure yet. I'd guess this year easily since it's just paint. They may have already had them casted.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

Concavenator

tyrantqueen

I like it too, although I think the previous paintjob makes more sense for an animal that lived in a aquatic environment. The dark green would make for better camouflage.

Still, I'm not complaining :)

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

I think it looks great. I do see your point though, TQ.
My goal is to collect all of the available Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus models ever. (As you may know, I'm a bit obsessed with this particular dino  ::) )
So, the re-release of the Sideshow is a dream come true.
-Peter Benchley

CityRaptor

Depends on if you also collect color variants. Then it might be a nightmare. ;D
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 05, 2014, 10:06:32 PM
Depends on if you also collect color variants. Then it might be a nightmare. ;D
Lol. No, just the models. Yeah, that'd be an interesting and very expensive hobby.  ;D
-Peter Benchley

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: