News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sideshow DINOSAURIA (with poll)

Started by postsaurischian, March 24, 2012, 11:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which are your 3 favourite Sideshow 'Dinosauria' models?

1. Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus diorama
4 (22.2%)
2. Apatosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
3. Brachiosaurus ornament
0 (0%)
4. Carnotaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
5. Ceratosaurus
1 (5.6%)
6. Deinosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus diorama
3 (16.7%)
7. Dilophosaurus maquette
0 (0%)
8. Euoplocephalus in Egg maquette
0 (0%)
9. Gastonia
3 (16.7%)
10. Mosasaur statue
3 (16.7%)
11. Protoceratops vs. Velociraptor diorama
0 (0%)
12. Spinosaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
13. Stegosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
14. Styracosaurus maquette
1 (5.6%)
15. Triceratops statue
2 (11.1%)
16. Tupuxuara maquette
2 (11.1%)
17. Tyrannosaurus rex maquette
5 (27.8%)
18. Tyrannosaurus rex vs. Triceratops diorama
1 (5.6%)
19. T-rex: 'The Tyrant King' statue
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Dyscrasia on April 07, 2015, 10:22:45 PM
Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on April 07, 2015, 09:04:49 PM
That tyrannosaurus is amazing! Honestly, if the releases were spaced out a lot more I would have bought one. Is there any word on the Stegosaurus being shipped? I remember it was delayed.

The Stegosaurus repaint is available in our country. If it isn't still available in the US, then I find it really strange  ???
Its available to order, but I remember it was supposed to ship January.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Dyscrasia

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on April 07, 2015, 10:49:50 PM
Quote from: Dyscrasia on April 07, 2015, 10:22:45 PM
Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on April 07, 2015, 09:04:49 PM
That tyrannosaurus is amazing! Honestly, if the releases were spaced out a lot more I would have bought one. Is there any word on the Stegosaurus being shipped? I remember it was delayed.

The Stegosaurus repaint is available in our country. If it isn't still available in the US, then I find it really strange  ???
Its available to order, but I remember it was supposed to ship January.

The actual product is available. A friend of mine received his last week.

Arul

Dobber

Just got my Apatosaurus....it is AMAZING!! I'll take some pictures of it tomorrow. I love the colors and actually think they look better than on the prototype piece.  :)

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Dobber

I finally got my Apatosaurus #101/1000. I love it!! Here are a couple of pictures and more can be seen here in the 2015 Sideshow collectibles thread:  http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2719.80

Chris

Quen

Wow!!! It's gorgeous!! Surprisingly, I like the muted colors!

tyrantqueen

I like the speckled effect on the tail. The prototype doesn't seem to have that.

Dobber

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised by that too.   ;)

Chris

Paleogene Pals

The repaint on the Apato has grown on me. The muted colors seem to fit such a large creature better. I do like the speckled effect on the tail as well.

Dobber

Are we sure that the T-rex that was shown at Jurrasic-con that Blade posted is a production sample? The more I look at it and the rolling 2 pictures that had the close up of the head is making me think that it was the prototype. The colors looks different but that could just be different lighting. They are different colors in those pictures and it even has different looking colors on Sideshows site. The pictures from Jurassic Con look very detailed and just don't want to get my hopes up too much.  O:-)

Chris

Arul

Mosasaur is still the best for me  :D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dobber on April 09, 2015, 02:28:40 PM
Are we sure that the T-rex that was shown at Jurrasic-con that Blade posted is a production sample? The more I look at it and the rolling 2 pictures that had the close up of the head is making me think that it was the prototype. The colors looks different but that could just be different lighting. They are different colors in those pictures and it even has different looking colors on Sideshows site. The pictures from Jurassic Con look very detailed and just don't want to get my hopes up too much.  O:-)

Chris

My guess is that it was "a" prototype. I think several are painted up, some for the Asian factories some for Sideshow U.S. to use for promos.

I'm hoping the paint works out well with this one too. It's not a complicated pattern or a lot of colors so something that should be easy enough.  I'm more concerned about the Trike.

Dyscrasia

The production pieces of the first T. rex from the vs. diorama and the Krentz T. rex maquette had pretty decent paint jobs, possibly due to the prototypes having relatively simple color tones.

Hopefully, the paint job of the production pieces of the new T. rex might turn out to be pretty good, but I am also a bit worried about the new Trike statue.

A little comparison pic of the prototypes from the stock photos and the ones provided from Jurassic Con's facebook page.

Blade-of-the-Moon

You can chalk up some differences due to lighting there. The JurassicCon pics really show more of the subtleties in the paint...lots of tones in there.

Arul

Wow for king trex and trike the original figure is even so much better than the picture..,

postsaurischian

Oh! I only just realized that the exclusive version of the Triceratops comes with a baby. Nice :).

Dobber

Apparently someone has received their King T-rex already and posted a couple pictures on the sideshow Freaks forum. Here are his pictures. Wish I could get it so soon but the still haven't taken my last payment yet.  >:(

I think it looks pretty good overall but the close-up of the head makes it look a little sloppy and the left pupil looks off to me.

Chris

Blade-of-the-Moon

Not overall.

I haven't been charges yet or received another notice even. No idea how they got one.

Dyscrasia

Seems like the folks living in Asia are receiving their statues earlier. Well, that happened with the Krentz T. rex and Styracosaurus maquette back in 2009.

postsaurischian

:) Time to update the poll.

The new T. rex has been received by the first customers and the Triceratops is said to be released about a month later.

All vote counts have been reset to 0 again.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: