News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

M

Sideshow- new for 2015

Started by Manatee, October 20, 2014, 09:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Paint apps on the new Apato do look better than many of the others. Though the bright area of paint on the nose feels like it's a Jurassic Rudolph lol :

The Carnotaurus seems to have way too complicated a paint scheme for the Asian factories to reproduce :

Dobber

I bit the bullet and ordered the Apatosaurus  O:-) hopefully they all look as good as the one that was posted. I'll post pictures of it when it arrives  8)

That particular Carno looks pretty bad but some of the others that where posted wheren't that bad. No where near as good as the prototype, mind you, but not as bad as the one that Blade posted. Here is a link to some pictures on the same website that I posted to for the Apato.  http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/general-collectibles-statues-props-etc-/144692-carnotaurus-statue-5.html

Better...at least the one side is.....but still bad enough to pass on.  :(

I really hope the Rex looks as good as the Apato is looking.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

joossa

I would be so angry if I spent all that money on the new Carno and it came looking like that. Wow...
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

postsaurischian

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 27, 2015, 04:54:36 PM
Paint apps on the new Apato do look better than many of the others. Though the bright area of paint on the nose feels like it's a Jurassic Rudolph lol :

:o Honestly: I like the old paintjob MUCH better!

Arul

Ohh poor carnotaurus...mosasaurus is still the best until now :D

DinoLord

I had originally considered picking up one of the Carnotaurus repaints, but after seeing these photos I'm very glad I didn't. The Apatosaurus looks pretty good but I do rather prefer the original color scheme.

Paleogene Pals

Can't wait for my Apato to arrive.

ProSauropod

Mine came today.  Text from wife: "You have a box as tall as I am !". 

Arul

Quote from: ProSauropod on March 28, 2015, 03:34:35 AM
Mine came today.  Text from wife: "You have a box as tall as I am !".

Lol dont let your wife know the price  :P

Zelan

I received my Allosaurus vs Camarsaurus piece not long ago and I'm happy to say the paint app on it turned out quite well.

The only problem is where the one allosaurus bites down on the camarasuaurs, as you can see below the blood they painted doesn't quite fill in the whole wound. The blood on the smaller bite marks also got painted on the margins rather than actually fill in the bite marks themselves.

Overall I'm very satisfied with this piece and I much prefer this new version to the older one. It's really nice that they went with a more colorful paint scheme that still looks natural.

I'm looking forward to the new triceratops but I'm really hesitant to preorder it now after seeing how the carnotaurus turned out. The triceratops paint app looks even more complex and I might just have to wait until they ship them out to see what the final product looks like before buying it.

Dobber

That does look pretty nice. The Allo's look fantastic! I was really tempted to get this one...maybe they'll still be available after I get my points for the Apato and Rex.  :-[

Thanks for the pictures  :)

Chris

Arul

Cool ! Now this is correct not like the carnotaurus...

Paleogene Pals

Got my Apato last Saturday. A wee bit slightly disappointed with the paint scheme, much more muted than the prototype. Plus, the colors were darker than I anticipated. But, it is still an awesome piece, and I am so happy to have it.

Dobber

Here are some pictures of my Apatosaurus. #101/1000. I actually like the slightly muted colors more on the finished product than on the Prototype.  :o I will agree that the light gray "birthmark" is a little odd but kind of interesting.

I will agree that the light gray "birthmark" is a little odd but kind of interesting.

Some nice spotting on the tail.

A few others:

Now bring on the Rex!!

Chris

joossa

Gorgeous! Careful with the end of the tail, it's looks very fragile.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

ProSauropod

The FIRST thing that happened when I took mine out of the box and put it on the table is one of my cats jumped up and started rubbing her face on the tail  :o  The first thing my wife said was "Why is there a white spot on the side?  It's defective, send it back." 

Paleogene Pals

Dobber, yours has the same white spot as well.

Pilkington

Quote from: ProSauropod on April 09, 2015, 12:50:32 AM
The FIRST thing that happened when I took mine out of the box and put it on the table is one of my cats jumped up and started rubbing her face on the tail  :o

That's exactly why in the 4 years that I've had my Apatosaurus that it's only been out of the box for maybe 30 minutes.  I know if I leave it out one of my cats will either break/chew on the tail.  One day I will have a display case big enough for this monster!
If you wanna be alone, come with me

Dobber

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on April 09, 2015, 02:38:26 AM
Dobber, yours has the same white spot as well.

Yup, I commented on it. It is a little odd but I just tell my self it is a "birthmark" or I guess "hatch mark" would be more accurate. Either way, I just view it as a strange distinctive mark that this animals has.   ^-^

Chris

Arul

Wow this repainted apato is great  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: