News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dilopho

Quote from: Faelrin on June 19, 2018, 09:22:34 PM
Nice to see everyone's collections growing.

avatar_Dilopho @Dilopho Nice pics. Also is your Legacy Velociraptor a bit on the orangey side or more yellowy? I know mine is more orangey on the body.
Mine's more white, actually! It has orange, but very reserved to around the stripes. The white extends up the flanks and the sides quite high. I'd say he was more yellowy though.
It's certainly a tricky one to photograph...! The colours seem to do whatever they want in the photos.

Dinomike

I got this oddity a while ago. I read Jack Horner's Chickenosaurus book and I just had to get this one the minute I saw it released. I have to say it's an impressive piece - a bit creepy too of you ask my kids. :)

20180620_224516 by Mikko Sinervo, on Flickr
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Shonisaurus

It's like a human fetus in a dinosaur version and stuck in an egg and with light it's fabulous. I congratulate you on your acquisition Dinomike.

Libraraptor

Whoa Dinomike,  what a creepy object!

Bokisaurus

Ah, the 2nd wave of CollectA has arrived! I'm really impressed with this group, so much variety and great sculpt all around!

More photos in my collection thread if you want to see more, cheers and happy dino-hunting! :))

ceratopsian

Quote from: Bokisaurus on June 21, 2018, 07:08:39 PM
Ah, the 2nd wave of CollectA has arrived! I'm really impressed with this group, so much variety and great sculpt all around!

Lovely photo, as always.  Roll on their arrival at Everything Dinosaur!

Shonisaurus

They look magnificent Bokisaurus! Especially the estemmenosuchus, dimetrodon and ceratosaurus. On the other hand, the gomphoterium is best seen in private photos than in promotional photos or toy exhibitions.

As for brontosaurus everything positive that I mentioned in his day. Their colors are elegant and realistic from my point of view as a collector.

Honestly another figure that I find superinteresting is the feathered tyrannosaurus rex of Collecta 2018 will impress many members of the forum positively at least as far as I'm concerned yes. I understand that it is so good and would even claim that it is better than its feathered tyrannosaurus rex feathered with pedestal.

Roselaar

Good looking Collectasaurs! The Dimetrodon appears huge...

Latest loot from my general Papo store:

Faelrin

B @Bokisaurus Really nice haul of those CollectA figures. I'm surprised at how big the Muskox, Estemmenosuchus, and Dimetrodon seem. I have to wonder how the Muskox and Dimetrodon compare with Safari Ltd's takes. I'll go and take a look in your collection thread since I do want to see more pics of these beauties.

Just throwing this here (I have more pics in the Mattel JWFK toy thread):
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Libraraptor

Regarding your picture,  Boki,  I think my next figure will be Collect  A Estemmenosuchus.

Lanthanotus

Just received this "beauty" :)

Libraraptor

Quote from: Lanthanotus on June 22, 2018, 01:20:30 PM
Just received this "beauty" :)

Yes, the good old Kleinwelkas! Highly collectible,  very interesting as both objects and symbols.

Lanthanotus

Yeah,... two to go to complete the prehistoric part of the Kleinwelka collection :)

Libraraptor

Good luck!  Which ones?

Lanthanotus

Deinosuchus (the easy part I guess).... and Anatosaurus (the long run most likely), am happy I could lure out the Para so fast after my initial lucky purchase of the major part of the line. But I think it was the very first time I ever saw that figure for sale, never the Anatosaurus until yet.

And with all this in mind I wondered, why they never made a Tyrannosaurus, that most obvious choice for any toy dinosaur, even back than I'd guess...?!

IrritatorRaji

Todays newest arrivals!

(More pics here)

Shonisaurus

The Beast of the Mesozoic are very realistic figures look like real figures. I know I repeat myself but I will repeat it a thousand times they look real, they look like animatronic dinosaurs.

IrritatorRaji Congratulations on your new acquisitions. You are a very lucky person.

Loon

I finally got this ginormous beast, she's huge. It's gotta be like the biggest thing I own.

ITdactyl

:D  I was reading your caption and my brain was locked at the Porg. :D

Loon

Quote from: ITdactyl on June 26, 2018, 03:29:18 AM
:D  I was reading your caption and my brain was locked at the Porg. :D
Yes, my boi Tootsie Flop is an eye magnet.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: