You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

A bunch of new stuff, will probably be my last purchases for awhile. Expect reviews on the DTB for the models here that don't already have one. :)

Favorite Parasaurolophus, Stegosaurus, Ankylosaurus
Resaurus Giganotosaurus
CollectA Pachcephalosaurus
Invicta Pteranodon and Ichthyosaurus
Wild Safari mako shark

Takama

Quote from: Gwangi on September 12, 2013, 08:56:26 PM
A bunch of new stuff, will probably be my last purchases for awhile. Expect reviews on the DTB for the models here that don't already have one. :)

Resaurus Giganotosaurus
Wild Safari mako shark

Did you get that Pachy for free on Dejankins?

Gwangi

Quote from: Takama on September 12, 2013, 09:06:57 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on September 12, 2013, 08:56:26 PM

Resaurus Giganotosaurus
Wild Safari mako shark

Did you get that Pachy for free on Dejankins?

Sure did! That is who I ordered the new Favorite models from too. He is selling them for the cheapest I've been able to find them. That pachy wasn't really a model I originally wanted but it actually isn't too bad, especially considering how small it is. I like it.

Takama

only downfall is that it has a tendency to lean forwards

Gwangi

Quote from: Takama on September 12, 2013, 09:43:15 PM
only downfall is that it has a tendency to lean forwards

Yup, the legs are too thin and weak to support the weight of the figure. I'm working on a review for it and am going to make sure I include that.

Takama

Here is mine

From the bag

from the Hair Dryer

from the shelf two days later

Gwangi

I think it is useless to try to fix it, it just cannot support itself. Good thing it has a base! Mine stood upright when I got it but after removing the cardboard between the legs it has gradually started to lean.

Jetoar

Wonderful acquisitiosn friend, where have you bought the mako shark?  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Gwangi

Quote from: Jetoar on September 12, 2013, 10:24:18 PM

From a member of this forum, Dinonyc.

Jetoar

Quote from: Gwangi on September 12, 2013, 10:40:14 PM
Quote from: Jetoar on September 12, 2013, 10:24:18 PM

From a member of this forum, Dinonyc.

Thanks for your answer friend  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Maybe the Pachy needs a cane ? lol  Some sort of prop might help.

amargasaurus cazaui

Seems simple enough, just get two and put em head to head right?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 13, 2013, 02:59:52 AM
Seems simple enough, just get two and put em head to head right?

Make a game out of it..as they tip forward and bump see if one knocks over the other ! lol

sauroid

recent-ish acquisitions
SEGA dino king figures (smaller/hard vinyl versions; these are doubles of the ones i got before)

Colorata Allosaurus and Brachiosaurus

my second Disga Plesiosaur

"Nothosaurus"

others

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

pylraster

Nice photos Sauroid. I remember having that same Nothosaurus as well as an orange plesiosaur from the same line. I think I got it when Dinosaurs Alive was here in Manila in the 90's... at Philcite. :D

Jetoar

Quote from: pylraster on September 13, 2013, 04:59:49 PM
Nice photos Sauroid. I remember having that same Nothosaurus as well as an orange plesiosaur from the same line. I think I got it when Dinosaurs Alive was here in Manila in the 90's... at Philcite. :D

I have the same figures that you  ^-^.

Zelan

picked these up last week:

The kaprosuchus looked a lot better than I imagined.

Bokisaurus

Finally, the last of 2013 CollectA prehistoric figures have arrived ^-^
Para - this one is so much bigger than I thought, or for a 1:40 scale figure! Very robust for sure :)
Looking at it in person will you only notice a hint of a small sale on the crest! :) I love this figure... really need to get used to this big guy ^-^

More pics of it in the duckbill thread if you want more angles

Next up is Daspletosaurus. Hmm, the head still looks too big for it's body, which is a shame since it really is an interesting pose... it looks more like a juvenile than an adult :)

and finally, Pachycephalosaurus

Makes a nice companion to the Battat figure ^-^

Concavenator

Amazing new acquisitions,Boki!  :)

Jetoar

Congrats for your new acquisitions Boki and Zelan  ^-^.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: