You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radman

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 17, 2013, 07:08:56 PM
Quote from: radman on September 17, 2013, 12:21:24 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 16, 2013, 08:48:49 PM
What scale are the cryos? I bought a pair of them at 1/72 myself

They are in 1:40 scale, about 7 inches long.  I might get some in 1:72 to be juveniles. 8)
Be sure to really measure that out, the ones I purchased are tiny in scale, and would stand on a quarter easily.

These beasties are all based on one model, which is approximately 7 and 1/8 inches long. measured with string along the spine from snout to tail tip.  They are wonderful models and I hope many folks will buy them and put a few bucks in the artists' pocket. Anyway, here's anther look

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

I got the Bullyland Elasmosaurus (old forum mascot?) and I do like it, but I'm bothered by the snake neck. I tried to change the neck position via the hairdryer method, but the plastic is so stiff that it didn't make a difference, even on the highest heat setting :-\

I'm thinking about altering it with a dremel and epoxy putty, but that might be a long way to go for just a plastic toy. Idk.

amargasaurus cazaui

You could try the Bakker method !!!!
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Jetoar

Wondeful acquistion friend, It is one of the figure that i add to my list  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tyrantqueen

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 18, 2013, 09:02:44 PM
You could try the Bakker method !!!!
Hahaha yeah I could I guess. Unfortunately I don't have a giant meat cleaver lying around >:D

radman

I keep mine just the way it is, for old time's sake.  And who knows, sometime in the future someone may make a discovery that some necks were snakey after all...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: radman on September 18, 2013, 09:21:09 PM
I keep mine just the way it is, for old time's sake.  And who knows, sometime in the future someone may make a discovery that some necks were snakey after all...

Exactly. It's some old fashioned retro-goodness !

Jetoar

My last acquistions  ^-^.

Bullyland Great grey owl and Schleich T-Rex in its bag (non playware and scuffs)  ^-^
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tyrantqueen

Quote from: radman on September 18, 2013, 09:21:09 PM
Shhhhh...don't let Dr Admin hear you say that ;) ;D

Takama

New mammal in the house.     This ones not so excited.

Concavenator

Congrats on your new Deinotherium,Takama  :)

Turret

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 18, 2013, 08:47:26 PM
I got the Bullyland Elasmosaurus (old forum mascot?) and I do like it, but I'm bothered by the snake neck. I tried to change the neck position via the hairdryer method, but the plastic is so stiff that it didn't make a difference, even on the highest heat setting :-\

I'm thinking about altering it with a dremel and epoxy putty, but that might be a long way to go for just a plastic toy. Idk.

Thanks for posting that. I intended to do the hairdryer treatment on my bullyland elasmosaurus and now I know it won't work  :)

In other news, I found out the bullyland Arizonasaurus is out of production and got myself one before they disappear.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Turret on September 20, 2013, 08:50:53 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 18, 2013, 08:47:26 PM

Thanks for posting that. I intended to do the hairdryer treatment on my bullyland elasmosaurus and now I know it won't work  :)

In other news, I found out the bullyland Arizonasaurus is out of production and got myself one before they disappear.
Where were you able to get yourself one, Turret?
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Turret

I bought it in a store where I usually buy my Bullyland figures, it goes by the name Nama and I think it doesent exist outside my country. If you want to get one online I think Urzeitshop.de still has some in stock.

Megalosaurus

Hi.
I won these on ebay auctions:

All of these have paint wear, so a repaint (or just touchups) is required.
But at last i have my shonisaurus  ;D
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Invicta Hunter

Is it easy to touch up paint that was airbrushed? 

Takama

a local shop now sells some Geoworld.   Got the Triceratops for $6

Seijun

My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Which dinos have you got there, Seijun? (Some of them are too small to tell.)
-Peter Benchley

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: