You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Amazing acquisitions,Spino  ;)

CityRaptor

Quote from: Nebuloid on September 29, 2013, 01:46:42 PM
Wow you bought a whole collection of books there !

Pretty much.

Quote from: sauroid on September 29, 2013, 08:56:11 PM
cool books CityRaptor

Thanks.

More Hauls from this year. (Experimenting with an artificial lightsource) :

Got Primal Rage for PC and the German version of the Ultimate Guide to Disneysaur:

Sadly Primal Rage does not work on a Windows 7 PC ( probably will get the Playstation version instead ) and the Disneysaur Guide is exactly what I expected. Kinda hoped ( but not expected ) for some background info. Oh well, not so bad, given that they were just Bonus.
Behold: The real reason for the Haul! Dinosaurs of China still in Box!

Oh, and two more books:

The Dinosaur Movie Guide is actually more of a Dinosaur & Monster Movie Guide, and while very complete for its time, has a questionable rating system. Or would you rate Disney's Pinochio as that kind of movie higher than the original Godzilla? Or the original The Lost World? Or as high as The Beast from 20000 Fathoms? Definately not.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

Ah, the Dinosaur Movie Guide! Though I agree it has its flaws, it was tremendously helpful in enlarging my collection of dinosaur/monster movies. I wouldn't mind an updated version, though I doubt any of the new stuff I hadn't heard of is any good.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Zelan

Picked up a few kaiyodos on ebay:

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

FUTABA

Quote from: CityRaptor on September 29, 2013, 01:26:33 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on September 28, 2013, 03:11:57 PM
Got my first WWD 3D mini Pachys :), I definitely want the feathered ones too!

Those look like they might work as juveniles for the Papo Pachyrhino. I also just noticed, that Juniper has a rather Cera-esque color.

Anyways, need to do this more often, as my last post here was last year. Will post all the stuff I got since the beginning of the year in the next few days, but not everything in one post, that would be way too many pics at once.

Got those some months ago.  Already had the German Version of two books and a copy of the Dinosur Heresies, but got the whole set for 27€ including shipping, so it was a good deal anyways. And one of them is a different kind of Carnegie Collectible.  ;D

From two different hauls:

Also to bring in some toys: Found some still bagged MIMP Dinosaurs for cheap and brought them out of curiosity since I never had them when I was a kid.

They are not bagged anymore. Bigger than I thought.  ( Hans for size comparism )

I think that the Ceratosaurus makes a nice Retro-Dinosaur.

You look to have gotten some really interesting books there. Especially the one about the dinosaurs of the Isle of Wight as it's (sort of) local to me, and the one about the origins of birds. Also the one about the alternative evolution - that looks really intriguing. I have the NHM one and the one describing the skull of P. cyrtocristatus, albeit with a different cover.

The Grave Secrets one by Phil Manning reminded me that I have had this video open in a window on my computer for a fair few months now, without ever having watched it in it's entirety. Hopefully I'll have been kickstarted into finally watching it now.

If you're interested...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSBQlYiYC38
I really really like blue things.

FUTABA

Bought a new WWD movie Troodon a few days ago, as well as a few 'lucky dip' type mini figures, each mini figure comes with a little fact card with some (very) basic info on it. Spent ages in the shop trying to feel what was in the bag, managed to guess right 3 out of 4 times. :)

Troodon. He makes chirpy sounds too and he's pose-able.

Mini Troodon.

Parkosaurus.

Gorgon the Gorgosaurus.

Alex the Alexornis.

After having slated the movie so much already I feel like such a hypocrite....

tyrantqueen

I bet you like the Alexornis the most, right?  ;) ;D

Jetoar

Wonderful, I would like to see more photographs of WWD 3d toys  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sauroid

kaiyodos i got during the last few months (wasnt able to take shots of the others yet)

and some miscellaneous mini figures

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Very nice, especially the herds of kaiyodos!  ;D
-Peter Benchley

Blade-of-the-Moon

CityRaptor

Very nice hauls! Especially the Kaiyodo herds.

Quote from: FUTABA on October 04, 2013, 11:20:51 AM

That is because no matter what problems that movie might have, [hotblooded voice] those can't tarnish the beauty of the Dinosaurs. [/hotblooded voice]
Honestly I expect that most who slated WWD3D and protected the Pixarsaur, will buy the WWD3D figures, but not the Pixarsaur ones, regardless of which one will be the better movie in the end. Also thanks for the link.

Next part of "Hauls of the Year"
( Like I said, got those over the last few months, and most for cheap)

A motorized 3D Puzzle of Ankylosaurus. I accidently boke on of the connectors for the hindlegs. Therefore I decided to leave out the motor and build this fellow as a non-walking figure.

96 Booster Packs Dinosaur King Cards. Got them for just 3€!

Kaiyodo:
Two Generations of Tyrants!

The King is dead...so is the other guy

Wings & Bones

We are not Dinosaurs, but still cool!

Dinowaurs

Geoworld & Invicta

Oh no

tyrantqueen

QuoteHonestly I expect that most who slated WWD3D and protected the Pixarsaur, will buy the WWD3D figures, but not the Pixarsaur ones, regardless of which one will be the better movie in the end. Also thanks for the link
I haven't bought any WWD toys, and don't plan on getting any in future.

Btw, this WWD vs TGD feud is getting old. Let it go already.

CityRaptor

I'm just saying that liking a movie and collecting some of its merchandise are separate things.

Anyways: More of Hauls of the year 2013!

Lindberg Brontosaurus

A classic model kit. Although I would have prefered the Protoceratops. I was inspired to buy it after visiting a wandering Dinosaur Exhibition with some rather retro Dinosaurs.
Good thing the stupid Caveman is an optional part. Gonna leave him out.

Safari Dinos Toob & Dino Mega Toob

Notice the different Dimetrodons. More friends for Sue!

Two Generations: Jurassic Edition!

Wings & Plates

These were all still bagged when I got them. The Allosaurus, Stegosaurus and Pteranodon are all the Versions with the brown tags.

Anatotitan & Torosaurus

The Torosaurus is the one I got from Backdanter.

Oh no

FUTABA

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 04, 2013, 02:25:53 PM
I bet you like the Alexornis the most, right?  ;) ;D

Yeah he is purdy. I like his colour scheme although he looks a little bit cartonny compared to the rest. It's quite a cute attribute in the little figure, wouldn't work well if he was much larger though. (Surprisingly he's one of the larger figures out of the mini series).
Although I do love the Troodons too. The larger one has a slight whiff of the Bullyland Velociraptor about him I think, except more refined. And squawky noises always help. ^-^

FUTABA

Quote from: CityRaptor on October 04, 2013, 07:17:02 PM
Quote from: FUTABA on October 04, 2013, 11:20:51 AM

That is because no matter what problems that movie might have, [hotblooded voice] those can't tarnish the beauty of the Dinosaurs. [/hotblooded voice]
Honestly I expect that most who slated WWD3D and protected the Pixarsaur, will buy the WWD3D figures, but not the Pixarsaur ones, regardless of which one will be the better movie in the end. Also thanks for the link.

True, and as you also said, "liking a movie and collecting some of its merchandise are separate things". One can appreciate the sculpts and art that's gone into reconstructing the animals without having to be a fan of the movie as a whole. But I think this whole debate about which will be the better film is pretty much moot as the appreciation of a movie, as with any form of art, is purely subjective in the end. Yes, there can be technically superior production values that can be measured etc, higher grossing and more profitable films, but none of these truly mean a movie is good or not - there is no good or bad as something that can be clearly defined by anyone using the same criteria.I have lots of favourite films that I know are unimaginative, have shoddy funding, shoddier special effects, acting etc etc, but whether it's for nostalgia's sake or some other unique experience I've associated them with, for some reason they just strike a chord with me, even though my reasoning tells me it's of lower quality than many other things in it's particular niche.

Anyway, I'm still trying to keep an open mind about both films, and I'm sure I'll hardly leave the cinema wanting a refund after seeing either of them.

And no problem about the link.  :) Have you gotten round to watching the talk yet? No worries if you haven't as I have yet to still... ::)

FUTABA

Quote from: sauroid on October 04, 2013, 03:50:29 PM

Nice little surprise to see Ace the Carnotaurus from Dinosaur King there. 8)

SBell

Quote from: FUTABA on October 05, 2013, 01:15:07 AM
Quote from: sauroid on October 04, 2013, 03:50:29 PM

Nice little surprise to see Ace the Carnotaurus from Dinosaur King there. 8)

Who makes that crazy little mosasaur? It's unique!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: