You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mauro "Raptor86"

Today I went to the Naturalis Museum in Leiden and I bought this little fellow.

An yesterday I bought also the new CollectA Quetzalcoatlus!

Roselaar

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on March 01, 2014, 06:28:26 PM

Did they have any other decent dinosaur figures in their store? Last time I went there they only had Schleich...

And where did you find the Quetz?

Mauro "Raptor86"

I bought the Quetz in the store in Amsterdam you already know. They had also the Ictyovenator

At Naturalis they have mostly deluxe CollectAs, no more Schleich.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Cool, that little hatchling Proto shows up in the oddest of places. I think it's based on a piece by the Czerkas team ?

postsaurischian

Quote from: Roselaar on March 01, 2014, 01:54:08 PM
Got this delightful bunch of Kaiyodosaurs in today, thanks to Chad:

The Study Room Futabasaurus is especially nice ^-^.

The colouration of the Eusthenopteron is among Kaiyodo's most brilliant (the brown version also)!

SBell

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 01, 2014, 08:35:17 PM

The colouration of the Eusthenopteron is among Kaiyodo's most brilliant (the brown version also)!

It's one of the few Dinotales--like the Metriorhynchus, also shown, and the Eryops--where I felt it necessary to have both colour versions of the main-run figures. I don't usually go for what amount to doubles with different paint, but some are worth it.

Ridureyu

I got the Papo Running T-Rex and the Safari Agathis Conifer.

Yes, I know its arms are too long, its teeth are snaggly, and it's very Jurassic Park-ish, but daaaaaaaaaang, this is the coolest T-Rex ever!

Roselaar

Quote from: SBell on March 02, 2014, 12:06:03 AM

I don't usually go for what amount to doubles with different paint, but some are worth it.

Wish I had an attitude like that, but unfortunately for my wallet and living space I hope to collect all of the colour variations. For now I'll focus on one of each model. Only nine regular figures to go!

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on March 01, 2014, 07:22:44 PM
I bought the Quetz in the store in Amsterdam you already know. They had also the Ictyovenator

At Naturalis they have mostly deluxe CollectAs, no more Schleich.

Oooh, I have to pay that store a visit this week then. ;)

Good to know Naturalis got rid of Schleich in favor of Collecta. The latter at least is a worthy toy line for a museum, even if they only have the Deluxe models.

Concavenator

Could you post pictures of it please?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 01, 2014, 08:35:17 PM

I still have one of those Futabasaurus pieces for sale/trade for anyone interested!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Ridureyu on March 02, 2014, 08:01:54 AM
I got the Papo Running T-Rex and the Safari Agathis Conifer.

Yes, I know its arms are too long, its teeth are snaggly, and it's very Jurassic Park-ish, but daaaaaaaaaang, this is the coolest T-Rex ever!

Now that's a cool haul pic !

I think it's head is mixing of JP and Kong but I like to think he has a dietary preference for Ankylosaur. ;)

FUTABA

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 28, 2014, 07:31:27 PM
Quote from: FUTABA on February 28, 2014, 06:27:37 PM
Lovely Tyrannosaurs. I have the feathered one and the Yutyrannus. Might have to keep a look out for the skeletal items. And the teenie weenie little human skull for scale is a great touch, as is the human skeleton.

AHHHH you people keep giving me ideas to buy stuff and I'm really trying to keep check on my bank balance here! :P

By the way, what's that one in the background poking his head up towards the top right corner. Beige coloured and looks like an Ornithomimid.

DinoRiders Struthiomimus. One of the finest  figures of one out there I think.

It's a lil beaut. And I never knew there were feathered dinosaur toys as early as that, I'm impressed.

And yes, there really does need to be more Ornithomimids.
I really really like blue things.

FUTABA

Great stuff there. I'm really fond of my Futabasaurus. It's especially pleasing to see that such an obscure genus can have such attention put into the sculpt, same goes for all Kaiyodos I suppose.
I really really like blue things.

Libraraptor

Quote from: SBell on March 01, 2014, 02:19:56 AM
Protochirotherium arrived today! Hooray! And in great shape, despite the best efforts of our postal deliverer.

What happened?! ???

SBell

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 02, 2014, 08:14:06 PM
Quote from: SBell on March 01, 2014, 02:19:56 AM
Protochirotherium arrived today! Hooray! And in great shape, despite the best efforts of our postal deliverer.

What happened?! ???

The mail deliverer had the parcel crammed int the mailbox so hard that my wife pulled the box off the wall trying to take it out. Fortunately, there was no damage to the figure.

Mauro "Raptor86"

Quote from: Concavenator on March 02, 2014, 01:38:36 PM

Could you post pictures of it please?

Of the quetzalcoatlus? I will post them tomorrow

deanm

;) And Canada Post strikes again...  Long live the Canada Post Super Box...   ;)

I'm glad that I am not the only one who has had that joy... :)

For those of you who are not Canadian - Canada Post uses "super boxes" which are 12-18 individual compartments - each with about a about 14*14 cm rimmed opening and about 35cm deep.  The kicker is that when the the postie is putting mail in the compartments he/she opens the entire front panel and the rim swings out of the way to make a slightly larger opening (about 15 * 15 cm). So the posties can jam something in and there is no way for me to get it out of the smaller opening without ripping open the package in place and taking everything out to then collapse the package. 

SBell

Quote from: deanm on March 03, 2014, 12:34:27 AM
;) And Canada Post strikes again...  Long live the Canada Post Super Box...   ;)

For those of you who are not Canadian - Canada Post uses "super boxes" which are 12-18 individual compartments - each with about a about 14*14 cm rimmed opening and about 35cm deep.  The kicker is that when the the postie is putting mail in the compartments he/she opens the entire front panel and the rim swings out of the way to make a slightly larger opening (about 15 * 15 cm). So the posties can jam something in and there is no way for me to get it out of the smaller opening without ripping open the package in place and taking everything out to then collapse the package.

This was worse--it's (currently) a home mailbox, and he still managed to jam it in there.

Libraraptor

Quote from: SBell on March 03, 2014, 12:43:18 AM
Quote from: deanm on March 03, 2014, 12:34:27 AM

This was worse--it's (currently) a home mailbox, and he still managed to jam it in there.

Obviously an artist  :D

Ridureyu

Just added a few pieces to pad out an order:

The "Cambrian Life" Toob.  Fun invertebrates!

A Vagaceratops

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: