You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on March 06, 2014, 09:23:46 PM
Seems like, once again, the press photo is much better than the final result.  :(
I agree...

Concavenator

Quote from: Roselaar on March 06, 2014, 09:22:36 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on March 06, 2014, 08:59:19 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on March 06, 2014, 08:30:35 PM
Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on March 06, 2014, 02:35:41 AM
I like the Icthy-can you provide alternate photos of it, Roselaar?

There's a few more pics from different angles from another forum member in the Collecta Thread. If you're still hungry for more, just let me know which angle you would prefer. :)
Sorry,but I'm still hungry,could you take pics viewed from the front,the other side and from behind?Thanks in advance!  ^-^

These any good?:

Thank you a lot for the pics,Roselaar!It's pretty cool!

Gwangi

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 06, 2014, 09:41:22 PM
Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on March 06, 2014, 09:23:46 PM
Seems like, once again, the press photo is much better than the final result.  :(
I agree...

I also agree. That said I still think this is CollectA's best year so far.

Takama

May I ask what's wrong with it besides the legs?

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Takama on March 06, 2014, 10:12:07 PM
May I ask what's wrong with it besides the legs?
Hips too thick, arms too small, strangely shaped head, and yeah. Didn't expect much though so I'm not disappointed. It looked pretty bad in the stock photos too, but the figure is way worse. Not interested in the Quetz either.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

sauroid

for a first ever figure of Ichthyo, i guess this would do for now til Carnegie and  Favorite (or even Papo) make their own version someday.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SBell

Quote from: sauroid on March 07, 2014, 06:57:15 AM
for a first ever figure of Ichthyo, i guess this would do for now til Carnegie and  Favorite (or even Papo) make their own version someday.

I wouldn't hold your breath. As a species, it's just a little to unfamiliar to expect for Papo, Favorite tends to stick to the most common species (although we've yet to see what a second series might look like) and Carnegie...who knows. There are lots of other species out there for them to do first, most likely, unless someone at the Carnegie has a connection to Ichthyovenator. Safari might do it, but they did just make Suchomimus, and still need to redo Spinosaurus.

Concavenator

Quote from: SBell on March 07, 2014, 01:57:30 PM

I wouldn't hold your breath. As a species, it's just a little to unfamiliar to expect for Papo, Favorite tends to stick to the most common species (although we've yet to see what a second series might look like) and Carnegie...who knows. There are lots of other species out there for them to do first, most likely, unless someone at the Carnegie has a connection to Ichthyovenator. Safari might do it, but they did just make Suchomimus, and still need to redo Spinosaurus.
Actually,Ichthyovenator fossil are fragmentary,and I doubt Carnegie would like to speculate that much.Well,I could take your sentence as a possible indication of a future Wild Safari Spinosaurus?  ;)

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Concavenator on March 07, 2014, 02:26:52 PM

Actually,Ichthyovenator fossil are fragmentary,and I doubt Carnegie would like to speculate that much.Well,I could take your sentence as a possible indication of a future Wild Safari Spinosaurus?  ;)
Considering the only known specimen of Spinosaurus Aegypticus does not exist anymore, and was roughly the same amount of material they found for Ichthyovenator.......not sure why it would matter if it is just fragments right?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Concavenator

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on March 07, 2014, 02:39:16 PM

Considering the only known specimen of Spinosaurus Aegypticus does not exist anymore, and was roughly the same amount of material they found for Ichthyovenator.......not sure why it would matter if it is just fragments right?
Well,I think Carnegie would be afraid of doing a Ichthyovenator because we have the possibility of discovering more fossils of this species in the future.For example,if Carnegie woyld have done a Deinocheirus several hears ago,based on fragmentary fossils,they would be now obbligated to redo it due to the new scientific papers,including the back hump.I think that's the case.A Safari Ichthyovenator would be cool on the other hand.Also:

Safari's been releasing ceratopsian figures 3 years now,so I don't see the problems with two consecutive spinosaurs,really.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Concavenator on March 07, 2014, 03:29:32 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on March 07, 2014, 02:39:16 PM

Well,I think Carnegie would be afraid of doing a Ichthyovenator because we have the possibility of discovering more fossils of this species in the future.For example,if Carnegie woyld have done a Deinocheirus several hears ago,based on fragmentary fossils,they would be now obbligated to redo it due to the new scientific papers,including the back hump.I think that's the case.A Safari Ichthyovenator would be cool on the other hand.Also:

Safari's been releasing ceratopsian figures 3 years now,so I don't see the problems with two consecutive spinosaurs,really.

You never know. I would have thought Irritator would have been done by now too. It's not impossible we'll see another spinosaur eventually..they are cool and very recognizable/popular. 

Roselaar

Even if Carnegie did produce an Ichthyovenator, I wouldn't bet on outstanding quality material. Carnegie I find is increasingly disappointing in recent years both in terms of output and quality. Too bad really.

Yutyrannus

I doubt it. From what I've heard Wild Safari and Carnegie like to avoid doing the same species if they can. That's why Wild Safari won't be doing a walking Quetzalcoatlus.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

SBell

Quote from: Yutyrannus on March 07, 2014, 09:31:08 PM

I doubt it. From what I've heard Wild Safari and Carnegie like to avoid doing the same species if they can. That's why Wild Safari won't be doing a walking Quetzalcoatlus.

They have lots of overlaps. But the main reason you wouldn't see an Ichthyovenator or Irritator from WS is that they are already done and established by another company, and there isn't that much name recognition or cultural reference driving an intense market for them. As I've said many times before, what we on this forum consider 'interesting' or 'familiar' is rarely the popular opinion or perspective, and that has a much bigger influence. When there are overlaps--Diabloceratops being a recent example--it's probably just coincidence. I'm sure I've heard of the occasional figure being scrapped because another made it.

As for the Spinosaurus--several years ago, there were some questions about it. But what I meant was that the figure is pretty in need of an overhaul (it's a hold-over from the less-than-glory days of WS dinos) and since it is one of the big-12 or so of popular "dinos" these days (T.rex, Triceratops, Stegosaurus, Velociraptor, Brachiosaurus, Apatosaurus, Ankylosaurus/ankylosaur plus a few arguable others comprising the rest) they would probably want to re-do that one, instead of another, more obscure relative. But not sure when.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Yutyrannus on March 07, 2014, 09:31:08 PM

Well at least not soon.   Safari likes doing flying pterosaurs more any way.

Takama

Geoworld Ornithomimus.  I got it from Wal-Mart

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on March 08, 2014, 04:12:43 AM

Cool. This is one of only two Geoworld pieces I have...not too many ornithomimids out there to overlook this one.

You say you found it at walmart ? I haven't seen any there myself..what area ?

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 08, 2014, 05:04:30 AM
Quote from: Takama on March 08, 2014, 04:12:43 AM

Cool. This is one of only two Geoworld pieces I have...not too many ornithomimids out there to overlook this one.

You say you found it at walmart ? I haven't seen any there myself..what area ?

I had to order it online at Walmarts website, and I had it sent to my local store.  Beats paying shipping to have it sent to my house.

I ordered it using a Gift Card that I bought at the store. Like Amazon, I can shop on Walmarts website using only a gift card. BTW I knew what gift card to get.

It might be Cartoonish, but I knew this was the one I wanted.

Blade-of-the-Moon

It has dinosaurs on it. What could be cooler than that ? :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: