News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexxitator

That's a whole bunch of fabulous new things!
Interesting to note that the Papo Dilo's crest is totally differently painted than mine.
I really like that dunkleosteus. I just won my dunk on Ebay. Yours is prettier.
It will look smashing together with my Safari Dunk though  ;)

To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

SBell

Looks good and I'll probably get it eventually, but that tail is so wrong. I wonder if the sculptor worked for Kaiyodo at one point 15 years ago.  :P

SBell

Look at me, double posting...

Anyway, it's because I have something to share that I just got! Am I the first one here to share the set IRL? Yay me!

Really nice set--good improvements on earlier iterations of all of them--they even give you the species names if what they are based on.

And no, I didn't pay the extra double-money for the special-painted Plesiosaurus. I don't do chase figures... 8) unless they are ridiculously cheap.

stargatedalek

lucky you ;)
that archelon is just amazing

Ridureyu

Man, that dilophosaurus looks weird without his jaw...

Alexxitator

Quote from: Ridureyu on July 25, 2014, 07:51:02 AM

Rofl!
More a Dumbndumberosaurus like that!
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Concavenator

Why did you do that!?  :o  ;D

Ridureyu

The jaw pops back in without any damage, don't worry!

Patrx

Triceratops prorsus ("Direct three-horned face")
Sculpted by Takashi Oda
Painted and based by Martin Garratt

Blackdanter

Quote from: SBell on July 25, 2014, 03:11:37 AM
Look at me, double posting...

Anyway, it's because I have something to share that I just got! Am I the first one here to share the set IRL? Yay me!

Really nice set--good improvements on earlier iterations of all of them--they even give you the species names if what they are based on.

And no, I didn't pay the extra double-money for the special-painted Plesiosaurus. I don't do chase figures... 8) unless they are ridiculously cheap.

They sure are nice aren't they Sean? Mine arrived this week. I managed to get all six for £20 inc postage so that wasn't too bad a dent in the wallet. Here's the alternate colourway on the Plesiosaurus.

The whole set is great even if the addition of the Archelon is a bit wierd. My only (very mild) grumble is that the construction on these figures doesn't seem to be as tight as in previous releases so the joins seem to be more obvious.

I also got the two new Favorite figures.

Favorite seem to be using a softer material for these releases.

Ridureyu

Those are beautiful, especially the anomalocaris!

Alexxitator

Quote from: Patrx on July 25, 2014, 04:44:17 PM
Sculpted by Takashi Oda

A very pretty sculpt and ofc a fantastic paintjob! I love the blue accents.
-Charles Darwin-

Roselaar

The Kaiyodo Marine Reptile capsule sure looks spectacular! I hope to get mine in soon. Also without the special Plesiosaurus, but I prefer the regular paint scheme anyway.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Blackdanter on July 25, 2014, 05:58:23 PM
I also got the two new Favorite figures.
Favorite seem to be using a softer material for these releases.
they are part of the soft model series, rather than the vinyl series
or did you mean softer than the other soft models?

Patrx

Quote from: Alexxitator on July 25, 2014, 09:30:35 PM
Sculpted by Takashi Oda

Indeed! It's a very dynamic and accurate sculpt, but I'm afraid the original colors leave much to be desired. Martin really brought the model to life. It seems I generally select blue as a go-to display color; but hey, I'll stop using it when it stops looking good  ;D

Alexxitator

Quote from: Patrx on July 25, 2014, 10:08:24 PM
Sculpted by Takashi Oda

Indeed! It's a very dynamic and accurate sculpt, but I'm afraid the original colors leave much to be desired. Martin really brought the model to life. It seems I generally select blue as a go-to display color; but hey, I'll stop using it when it stops looking good  ;D

Ach ofc! that's the Favorite desktop model! How could I not see that. Indeed this one has nothing of the dull greenness  :D
-Charles Darwin-

sepp

"Hurrr I'm a Dilophosurrr"

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Alexxitator on July 25, 2014, 11:25:36 PM
Quote from: Patrx on July 25, 2014, 10:08:24 PM
Sculpted by Takashi Oda

Ach ofc! that's the Favorite desktop model! How could I not see that. Indeed this one has nothing of the dull greenness  :D
Precisely, it used to look like this:

And I mean precisely, because I sold it to him :)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: sepp on July 25, 2014, 11:37:25 PM

"Hurrr I'm a Dilophosurrr"
And Broken Jaw thought he had it bad >:D

Patrx

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 25, 2014, 11:39:51 PM
Precisely, it used to look like this:

And I mean precisely, because I sold it to him :)

Yep! Thanks, TQ!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: