News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridureyu

I got the Carcharodontosaurus by CollectA.  He even comes with a tiny human!  And a painted cloaca.

Cammy

Quote from: predino on August 16, 2014, 09:24:06 PM
@cammy are those Blu-ray Disc? Cause i have a player. If so i will need to em myself. :D

They sure are, in fact all three are Blu-ray 3D, so I will need to save up for a 3D Blu-ray player and 3D TV (and then I still won't be able to enjoy it properly as I still only see in 2D through my one good eye) but I'm not in a big hurry. The Blu-rays are Jurassic Park, Dinosaurs: Alive! and Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia.

Hynerpeton

Quote from: Cammy on August 17, 2014, 12:05:58 PM
Quote from: predino on August 16, 2014, 09:24:06 PM
@cammy are those Blu-ray Disc? Cause i have a player. If so i will need to em myself. :D

They sure are, in fact all three are Blu-ray 3D, so I will need to save up for a 3D Blu-ray player and 3D TV (and then I still won't be able to enjoy it properly as I still only see in 2D through my one good eye) but I'm not in a big hurry. The Blu-rays are Jurassic Park, Dinosaurs: Alive! and Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia.

Hey thanks. Can they seen in 2D too?
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Alexxitator

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 05, 2014, 10:55:38 PM
I've had really good results from Ad Mineraal when it comes to buying Favorite Ltd. statues (they use a ton of polystyrene to protect the item) but they appear to have sold out of galloping Trikes :(

Interesting! I went there recently! In Gouda, Holland.
Live in Rotterdam myself.
This is also where I bought my Tiger iron sphere, the first of 17 by now lol
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Ultimatedinoking

I giant foam filled rubber triceratops. A little bigger than the original jp one.
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

stargatedalek

second hand store haul today, very pleased

Safari utahraptor and triceratops hatchlings
Safari "giant squid"
Safari apatosaurus juv
PV zebra bullhead shark
generic turtle
generic toucan
JP brachiosaurus and pteranodon hatchlings
this very interesting piranha with no branding on it

Hynerpeton

I want a piranha! :( where did u get?
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

stargatedalek

from value village, sorry I don't know anything about it

Nebuloid

These 3 bad boys just arrived :

The Archaeopteryx is really great, such sharp details !

tyrantqueen

The Papo Archaeopteryx is looking good in that photo. I'm still not sure whether to get it or not. I'm bothered by the lack of accuracy but the sculpting is gorgeous.

Hynerpeton

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 19, 2014, 12:37:42 PM
from value village, sorry I don't know anything about it

Thank you ;)
Walking With Monsers:

stargatedalek

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 19, 2014, 06:53:18 PM
The Papo Archaeopteryx is looking good in that photo. I'm still not sure whether to get it or not. I'm bothered by the lack of accuracy but the sculpting is gorgeous.
I have one, its an amazing piece, highly recommend it
as for accuracy, thats not exactly something to expect from Papo's dinosaur line :P

Patrx

That's a flattering angle for it - the wings look great, distracting attention from its awful face.

CityRaptor

These arrived yesterday:

The Oceans belong to us!

I now also finally know what the thing on the bust's chest is: Goggles....they do nothing! And for those who wondered about the "new" discoveries in the set. Pliosaurus kevani was not named til 2013...
Pity the 6th member of the set is so expensive...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Concavenator

I got a Papo Dilophosaurus at the Sciences Museum of Brussels.Pretty good figure,but the unnatural pose is a problem.The orange stripes on the back of my particular model is not as clear as other models.Anyways,I'd reccomend the figure.

Bokisaurus

New Kaiyodo marine reptiles came in, beautiful little jewels as always. The special figure is the brown version of the plesio
[

The little diver is a cool little addition for scale. Oh and that Ichtyo giving birth is a standout, just wish it was bigger ;D

Alexxitator

Quote from: Nebuloid on August 19, 2014, 06:27:17 PM
These 3 bad boys just arrived :

The Archaeopteryx is really great, such sharp details !

Three very nice figures.
Wild Safari, Papo and Favorite are all in my collection, and they give three very different interpretations of the same species.
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

postsaurischian

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:

DinoToyForum

My Kaiyodo capsuleQ marine reptiles set arrived today, too. Things of beauty! I don't know how they cram so much detail into such tiny figures. Anyone else who bought from the same seller on eBay got a real good deal.   ^-^

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: