You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad

The Groovy Tubes Gone Extinct book is available on Amazon, though it's crazy expensive for a new one (and I'm assuming you'd need a new copy to get the figures). I was able to get a copy on ebay early this year for just a few bucks so it may pay to be patient. I had to have the arthropleura. Had to have it...

thelordsgym

Be careful of buying a used groovy tubes book and figures. I bought one over a month ago and it had no figures with it. Luckily the seller gave me a full refund...but ask questions before you buy any because many sellers think you want it solely for the book.

alexeratops

Highly possible assumption: I have some new dinos, hidden somewhere in the endless maze of unopened presents under my tree, confined in bubble wrap, bags and boxes, crude taping, nice taping, only to be released at approx. 7:30 in the morning, the earliest time my mom is wiling to get up on December 25. ^-^   You will be free, soon. C:-)
like a bantha!

laticauda

Quote from: alexeratops on December 13, 2014, 12:31:10 AM
Highly possible assumption: I have some new dinos, hidden somewhere in the endless maze of unopened presents under my tree, confined in bubble wrap, bags and boxes, crude taping, nice taping, only to be released at approx. 7:30 in the morning, the earliest time my mom is wiling to get up on December 25. ^-^   You will be free, soon. C:-)

I can guess there will be none under the tree for me.   :(  But, the looks on my kids faces as they unwrap there presents and find the dinos that are hidden in the boxes, that will still be joy.   ;)

alexeratops

Luckily for me, I'm one of those kids who gets the dinos, but frankly if my dad had shelves of dinosaurs in his room I think I would realize that he would want dinosaurs for christmas. ;)
like a bantha!

SBell

Quote from: alexeratops on December 13, 2014, 03:48:42 AM
Luckily for me, I'm one of those kids who gets the dinos, but frankly if my dad had shelves of dinosaurs in his room I think I would realize that he would want dinosaurs for christmas. ;)

Sounds like my house. The good dinos are in my office and the kids know it.

And I never wait for a pre-determined season to get them  ;)

kreativtek

Ever since I was little, I wanted to find a dinosaur-shaped present underneath the Christmas tree. I never did... until this year.
As far as I know, my beloved girlfriend got me a gorgeous Spinosaurus model from Papo and she is going to wrap it exactly the way I had imagined as a kid.
I cannot wait to knee before the Christmas tree, grab the present, open it with a big green on my face, and be that 8-year-old kid again!

@laticauda, I really hope your kids will be just as happy when they open their dinosaur presents. In the end, it is all about bringing joy and making dreams come true.

triceratops83

Quote from: kreativtek on December 13, 2014, 09:16:33 AM
Ever since I was little, I wanted to find a dinosaur-shaped present underneath the Christmas tree.

Like this...

That's Rex from Toy Story for my niece.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

alexeratops

Quote from: SBell on December 13, 2014, 05:34:34 AM

I wish. I would love to just earn money and buy them myself, instead of just waiting for my parents to get some free time. :D
like a bantha!

Concavenator

Quote from: alexeratops on December 13, 2014, 12:52:05 PM
Quote from: SBell on December 13, 2014, 05:34:34 AM

I wish. I would love to just earn money and buy them myself, instead of just waiting for my parents to get some free time. :D
Me too  :'(

Roselaar

Scored this big lot on eBay:

A lot of cool figures from various lines (and many Chinasaurs). For instance:

A lot of AAA. Some of them ugly, others pretty well done.

Old Bullyland figures. Some fabulous species. Too bad about the paint wear.

Sega Dinosaur King minifigures. Love these colourful figs. Some of the species need identifying though.

Jetoar

Wonderful acquistions  ^-^.

They are my lasts acquistions from another flea market of the last sunday  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sauroid

what are those figures in your last pic, Jetoar? any out of the bag shots?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Alexxitator

Quote from: sauroid on December 15, 2014, 06:18:27 PM
what are those figures in your last pic, Jetoar? any out of the bag shots?

Yesss those baggies pique my interest too  ;)
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

ignite444

My Latest Review: Rebor King T-Rex

triceratops83

If I made a vid like that it'd get weird when I sniff up the New Toy Smell ::) :o :P
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

ignite444

Quote from: triceratops83 on December 16, 2014, 03:02:11 PM
If I made a vid like that it'd get weird when I sniff up the New Toy Smell ::) :o :P

Lol! XXDD It would be entertaining more than anything really, lol.

JohannesB

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on November 27, 2014, 02:34:01 AMUgly, I know, but I like the style of the earlier Carnegie pieces.

Same here. In my case it must be nostalgia. I love the 1988 Maiasaura. It encapsulates what quality dinosaur toy models looked like when I started collecting them as a teenager.

Alexxitator

And here they are; my most recent new pieces
And yes; there's a piece รณ Rebor!
My first impression is that the sculpt is a tad more sophistocated than Papo's and the painting most definitely is. I have no regrets  ;)

The new ones

Solo

Christmas family picture

To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

ignite444

I'm still waiting on my Rebor Rex to get here... I'm hoping it will arrive today. He's so awesome!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: