You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikessauro

Quote from: SBell on December 31, 2014, 12:41:06 AM
So how do we, all the way outside of Brazil, get this figure?

You guys can get in touch with Guilherme through Facebook. He has released four models by now. The fish comes with Oxalaia, but I guess if you talk to him you can get only the fish.

Nebuloid

These two bad boys just arrived :

Unboxing the T-Rex especially made me all giddy, bigger than I expected, and heavier ! Almost feels like resin...

Jetoar

The last weekend I was in a flea market and I bought these figures  ^-^.

Sometimes, we can find treasures  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

SBell

Quote from: Ikessauro on December 31, 2014, 02:11:40 AM
Quote from: SBell on December 31, 2014, 12:41:06 AM
So how do we, all the way outside of Brazil, get this figure?

You guys can get in touch with Guilherme through Facebook. He has released four models by now. The fish comes with Oxalaia, but I guess if you talk to him you can get only the fish.

I wouldn't mind the set--but the fish is coo in and of itself.

ignite444

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rwYglLOfG0

^_^

Still waiting on my Carnegie haul to get here, lol.
My Latest Review: Rebor King T-Rex

tyrantqueen

Yay, glad to see it arrived safely :) Looks like it was a pain to unwrap, but seeing the damage that the box sustained during transit perhaps all that bubble wrap was justified.

ignite444

Yeah it was a bit, it was sticking to the model, lol.

I don't know why, but every package I get from the UK gets beat up, it's ridiculous. ._. So all the more power to ya for using more bubble wrap.
My Latest Review: Rebor King T-Rex

Meso-Cenozoic

Wow, Ikessauro, that Spino is really beautiful. Congrats!

My Tamiya Brachio just arrived today, and in mint condition!! YAY! I also found in this one just what I always wanted.... a model that was already glued together, and very meticulously! He even chose the exact option pieces I would've -- the open mouth and the raised walking leg! It also isn't glued to the base, which I wanted so I can use him as more of a figure for diorama purposes. So the manual labor part of it is finished and now I get to do the fun, creative part of painting him and bringing him to life! A very happy new year here for me! :D

sauroid

last haul for 2014 (i still have packages in transit/in postal hostage)
PT back issue that i needed

various japanese stuff

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

EmperorDinobot

I got uh...more dinobots.

Cammy

I haven't posted here in a little while, but I also haven't been spending much so here are all my recent dinosaur acquisitions from the last few months, including some magazines and new books, and a really lucky find, John Horner's Digging Dinosaurs! The Dinobots were Christmas presents, and just yesterday I found these cute, nicely presented Chinasaurs at Prices Plus for $3.99 each and just couldn't resist!

They're copies of the Safari Ltd. Carnegie Collection Miragaia and the CollectA Stegosaurus, although with different colour schemes. While the patterning on the Miragaia is still the same as the original, the patterning on the Stegosaurus appears to be more reminiscent of the Wild Safari Stegosaurus.

I think they both look great, and am really surprised by the quality of the toys and the presentation in the packaging (if a little excessive).

DinoLord

Nice acquisitions Cammy! I haven't seen that Spinosaurus Nat Geo myself; I'll have to keep an eye out for it. I assume it's from around November 2014?

sauroid

Quote from: Cammy on January 03, 2015, 08:05:30 PM
I haven't posted here in a little while, but I also haven't been spending much so here are all my recent dinosaur acquisitions from the last few months, including some magazines and new books, and a really lucky find, John Horner's Digging Dinosaurs! The Dinobots were Christmas presents, and just yesterday I found these cute, nicely presented Chinasaurs at Prices Plus for $3.99 each and just couldn't resist!

They're copies of the Safari Ltd. Carnegie Collection Miragaia and the CollectA Stegosaurus, although with different colour schemes. While the patterning on the Miragaia is still the same as the original, the patterning on the Stegosaurus appears to be more reminiscent of the Wild Safari Stegosaurus.

I think they both look great, and am really surprised by the quality of the toys and the presentation in the packaging (if a little excessive).

are the knock offs hollow?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Cammy

The National Geographic magazine with the Spinosaurus cover and feature is the October 2014 issue, I hope you're still able to find it!

The Chinasaurs are indeed hollow, and joined together from two pieces in the middle of the torso. I had to go through a few sets of them to find the ones with the least-noticeable joins.

Here's a close-up of them:

kreativtek

Today I bought a brand new Papo Spinosaurus for less than $3. What a great deal! It's amazing how often people do not know the real value of items they're selling.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Cammy on January 04, 2015, 03:19:01 AM
The National Geographic magazine with the Spinosaurus cover and feature is the October 2014 issue, I hope you're still able to find it!

The Chinasaurs are indeed hollow, and joined together from two pieces in the middle of the torso. I had to go through a few sets of them to find the ones with the least-noticeable joins.

Here's a close-up of them:

I have that Miragia, too, it´s hollow, but looks good!

triceratops83

Finally, after three auctions, won this "Mcgrady" Triceratops. I'm assuming CM Studios. Anyone got this or know anything about it?

Photo directly from Ebay page.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Tallin

I love the triceratops, really nice and detailed!

My boyfriend recently bought me the lovely Papo Allosaurus, and I then went and got the Carnotaurus to keep him company!

I then found the CollectA Diplodocus in my local fossil shop in Lyme Regis. Seriously, if you are in the UK and ever happen to swing by Dorset, Lyme has so many fossil and dino themed shops it's great!

kreativtek

Quote from: Tallin on January 05, 2015, 01:31:34 PM
I love the triceratops, really nice and detailed!

My boyfriend recently bought me the lovely Papo Allosaurus, and I then went and got the Carnotaurus to keep him company!

Great choice and photo, they look great together. I just bought a Carnotaurus from Everything Dinosaur. Cannot wait for it to arrive!

Concavenator

Quote from: sauroid on December 25, 2014, 03:45:52 AM
and there are kids who have parents who let them have anything they want
Not my case  ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: