You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

JPTLW Ptera, its my third one, which makes it my second most common JP figure after the small TLW pachy. I get the feeling TLW got a wider Canadian distribution than the first or third JP lines based on how many I've seen over the years. It has some rather severe paint wear but all of the mechanics work fine, I might consider touching up this one sometime.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I can't tell you how much fun that and the previous Quetzalcoatlus were...these guys and the Dragonheart dragons I had got a lot of flight miles on them.

Jetoar

Quote from: RolandEden on February 27, 2015, 05:35:21 PM
My newest figures.
Papo Apatosaurus

A good friend gave me this awesome figure.
SH Monsterarts Godzilla 2014

Lovey Apatosaurus  ^-^ and Godzilla is awesome  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

RobinGoodfellow

Some new entries:

Old Schleich Saltasaurus and Stegosaurus

Ravensburger Pteranodon

NHM of London (Toyway)

NHM (Toyway) Megalosaurus

I've been waiting for the new REBORs from EverythingDinosaurs.  See you soon....

Blade-of-the-Moon

One of my "grails" been after this guy for a LONG time..Chiodosaurus by the Chiodo Bros . I love the look, the style and the personality it has...a trait of every Chiodo creation. I only wish more of their dinos were available.

triceratops83

Congrats on the Chiodosaur, very cool.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

RobinGoodfellow

The Chiodosaurus is a '90 rarity. It's extremely difficult to find one at a reasonable price (usually it is VERY expensive).

http://www.monstersinmotion.com/cart/dinosaur-collection-item-list-0-99-a-h-c-18_131/chiodosaurus-built-dinosaur-by-the-chiodo-brothers-studios-p-18549

GREAT acquisition!!!

Tallin

Great acquisition - I love the personality in the face!

I just received my Bullyland Arizona from a seller on ebay - I must say I love this model to bits! Now I want another one to repaint as the sculpt is gorgeous!

Toffen

The Chiodosaurus looks awesome!!

Pachyrhinosaurus

Congrats Blade, on finding your Chiodosaurus! The arizonasaurus is also nice, its on my list, too.
Here are my recent acquisitions:

[Image Removed]

The Invicta iguanodon came from the bay, however the others are from a nearby fossil store. They must have found lots of old Safari figures somehow- its the same place where I scored my Smithsonian centipede- I'll probably be back for the rest of the set. The fossil is of a gogia, and I'll post more pictures of it in the Fossil collecting thread when I finish photographing the rest of my collection.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Dinomike

Wow! Really cool new acquisitions everybody!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Tyto_Theropod

Aww, WS Parasaurolophus!  ^-^ I used to have that as a kid and it was one of my faves - why an Earth did I get rid of my childhood toys? :( It might be inaccurate, but I still love that sculpt. Parasaurolophus was my favourite dinosaur back then - even now I have most of the toy Paras available ATM. It's kinda been overtaken by Velociraptor though...
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on March 01, 2015, 10:04:59 AM
The Chiodosaurus is a '90 rarity. It's extremely difficult to find one at a reasonable price (usually it is VERY expensive).

http://www.monstersinmotion.com/cart/dinosaur-collection-item-list-0-99-a-h-c-18_131/chiodosaurus-built-dinosaur-by-the-chiodo-brothers-studios-p-18549

GREAT acquisition!!!

Thank you! It has taken me YEARS of searching and of finally having enough money to secure one...totally worthy of being called a "grail" I think.  It's also a great bridge piece between my dinosaur collection and my much smaller Killer Klowns from Outer Space collection.

Quote from: Tallin on March 01, 2015, 11:30:32 AM
Great acquisition - I love the personality in the face!

You hit the nail on the head, the personality the Chiodos infuse their work with makes me love them. There also a great childhood connection for me as I grew up watching the dinosaur shows with Gary and Eric on Disney..which the Chiodos did a lot of work for.  They also handled the 90's Land of the Lost series featuring some great stop motion dinos.

Check out this music video they did featuring a dinosaur band!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-GxYzbI4lg

docronnie

Congrats on your beautiful acquisitions everyone!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Doug Watson

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 02, 2015, 08:37:45 AM
You hit the nail on the head, the personality the Chiodos infuse their work with makes me love them. There also a great childhood connection for me as I grew up watching the dinosaur shows with Gary and Eric on Disney..which the Chiodos did a lot of work for.  They also handled the 90's Land of the Lost series featuring some great stop motion dinos.

Check out this music video they did featuring a dinosaur band!

Wow, that must have cost a pretty penny, congratulations. Have you seen "the making of video" about have way through at 7:18 they talk to the Chiodos about the figures they sculpted and animated?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_OrSTTpVRI

RobinGoodfellow

Thanks to EverythingDinosaurs  :))  :

Rebor Jolly ( 11/1000)

Rebor "Wind Hunter"

New Safari models:

Old Collecta:

..see you soon..

Patrx

Great photos, Robin! You've really captured the detail on those new Safari models.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Patrx on March 02, 2015, 06:21:18 PM
Great photos, Robin! You've really captured the detail on those new Safari models.

Thank you. ( Canon 5D, macro 50mm, still-life soft-box )

Shonisaurus

Thanks Robin for sharing these photos, triceratops and Rebor utahraptor is a real treat.

Moreover beauties are a dinosaur Photo Safari 2015.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 02, 2015, 07:30:27 PM
Thanks Robin for sharing these photos, triceratops and Rebor utahraptor is a real treat.

Moreover beauties are a dinosaur Photo Safari 2015.

As soon as possible I will post the photo-link to my collection. Still missing photos of marine reptile and modern animals (I'm busy with work)....  ^-^

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: